[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: El-Mo
Forum Index Profile for El-Mo »» Messages posted by El-Mo
New Feature Request » limit teleport ability that currently ruins many map layouts » Go to message
  J.C. wrote: there's a huge debate upon this point between top ranked players. i can like it, but im not so skilled to understand how will it change games. consider that titans are strong especially on huge maps

debate somewhere on here on forum you mean? titans should have their teleport, and a way to not interrupt/change dynamics on current maps would be addition of new no-teleport tiles instead of converting existing ones...
New Feature Request » limit teleport ability that currently ruins many map layouts » Go to message
Since the map editor is out, i frequently have been struggling with finding solutions to make big maps work with titans teleport ability, that are based on progressive base runs.

as an example, see the 8 player tournament theme based maps (search for tournament), or in general all maps featuring outwards starting bases with a neutral center island.

in many such layouts, the titan teleport ability ruins alot, giving titans entire control of the far away neutral areas right from the start. progressive base runs, i.e. slow and fought over advancements along the path of starting base to neutrals paradise, which would otherwise assure exciting dynamics in matches are hardly possible do to teleport flooding or teleport chains in first turns.

so my suggestions to fix teleportation, to remove this massively imbalancing advantage in start conditions, while preserving most of teleport value in the remaining turns of a game for titan would be this: (one of these should do the trick, in order of my preference)

- (1) add a general teleport ban in the first 2-3 turns of every game.

- (2) add a individual warm-up period after a unit is build, like enabling teleport for newly built units (including already present starting units) only 2 or 3 rounds after their creation.

- (3) add tiles to the no-teleport-to list, which is currently only water, base and naval base. i have tested setups with navalbase pathways but the neccessary separation of at least 4 tiles between home and no-teleport-area ruins many layouts. if you added healthbases and swamps and/or mountains to that list one could work with that fairly well in map design.

- (4) limit vision of teleported units during cool down (the first two rounds after teleport) to 0 or 1, perhaps in combination with one of the other suggestions, as that alone still neccessitates big water separations of 4 tiles or more.

- (5) limit range of teleportation to say 5 to 7 tiles from starting position, not perfect, but one could work with that as well, also preventing teleport chains. but would probably be too much of a cut down of the value of teleport.

i think the first three ideas would be fairly unobtrusive, the tiles idea could even leave the dynamics of current maps intact if you add new tiles with no-teleport property in the next upgrade.

New Feature Request » Premium account: more active games » Go to message
  simsverd wrote: Well...

A premium account system is coming soon. With features like facebook access, mapeditor for iOS and more..
But i dont think there is any adjustments to the max number of games.

It has btw. been discussed and it is still possible this could change in the future.

i wonder why it has been dismissed, thats the no1 reason i and probably many others would be willing to pay for some premium, i dont see how i will pay anything for facebook or iOS , i wouldnt even touch it if you pay me for it! so what the heck, make it 40 for premium and i will gladly pay.

How to make the uniwar.com website better » feature request for uniwar.com » Go to message
I just found uniwar.com, been playing since 2 years on phone without visit to the site, but im glad i found it now. The forum is wonderful, but so far seems to be the only really useful functionality, where there could be a few more features for "power users", that would benefit greatly being incorporated here as opposed/in addition to in game:

- a readout/list function to the user maps database, as in the games selection dialog when starting custom game or downloading map, perhaps with added search/filter functions. its hard to find and compare several maps, especially with the current limited search/filter dialog in game. would be nice to be able to list/view them here, perhaps with added functionality of comparision, enhanced statistics on matches played on it such as win/loss ratio of the several races, or teams vs faa, to bench mark new maps....

- some kind of database based tournament area featuring things like creating entries for tournaments, defining their rules and conditions, and having then a tournament subpage, where players can join/apply for participation, check the history of matches, perhaps even review single match move history, etc. i think there should be official uniwar hosted tournaments as well, you could offer things from your store as prize .

all this could be done with the website only, without change or update of the client. it could be done without direct link to the game servers too, if you just dump the maps or game stats for tournament once a day/week

- a polling component on the landing page regarding proposed new (or recent ones in retrospective) features or changes in gameplay logic, as opposed to hidding them in forum posts. that should be easy to incorporate with existing solutions/scripts out there.

- a map editor ui in browser? but i realize it might be a bit more effort than the first two things.

Bug Reports » Map author name not shown on map info anymore? » Go to message
  regard87 wrote: You cant search by Author Name?

I can and just did. I type Regard only (short for Regard87) and I'm able to search by 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 person maps, Ranked and Unranked. That way I see which maps have become ranked, which ones I need to continue inviting people to, etc.

hey regard old comrade! i made it to the forums first time and your the first aquainted face so i thought lets say hi ^^
Forum Index Profile for El-Mo »» Messages posted by El-Mo