[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: ttdanimal
Forum Index Profile for ttdanimal »» Messages posted by ttdanimal
General Discussion » Pay to win? Uniwars new business model » Go to message
I'm good with the overall approach. But my two cents is the new units are too expensive, given this is just release one of many.
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.8.95 submitted in BETA to Google Play » Go to message
I'm sorry, but it's quite distracting. Very difficult to take in a whole board and see the position. To see all the units and terrains and devise overall strategic approaches. It focuses everything on individual units.
Bug Reports » Units glowing green » Go to message
Agree. Need to be able to turn off. Very distracting.
Tournaments » Team tournaments - 2:2, 3:3, 4:4 » Go to message
Risky business round 2 map is unbalanced. Favors team 2/3, and particularly sap teams in those positions.

Recommend not using it again for future tourneys.
Bug Reports » Team is not present in team ranking list » Go to message
We have the same situation for our 2x2 team.
Bug Reports » Infector can't infect » Go to message
Can't infect own marine. Game id: Close Rang2 1694

Gives option, but ehen selected the 'infect' option just disappears.
Bug Reports » Tournament announcement » Go to message
Can you reveal the first round may for 2x2 since we can't get there yet?
Bug Reports » Tournament announcement » Go to message
Sorry, posted same elsewhere without seeing this post.
Bug Reports » Tourney links » Go to message
Looks like the links to the new team tourneys all link to the 4x4 tourney page?
General Discussion » Tournament extensions » Go to message
  simsverd wrote:

i agree that there should be given enough time so all players can play a turn. Usually i give at least 3 days.

We will probably increase the time for team tourneys from the start

Sims - I'm sorry but I just don't get the reluctance to make anything definitive and clear in the rules. You keep using phrases like "Usually I give".

Usually is not always. And it's about 'you' (a participant in the tourney). My last tourney was anything like what you're saying. Extended in the final hours. Multiple times. Ended early.

Rule: Extensions will not take place within 48 hours of tourney round ending.
Rule: Tourney rounds will not end early unless all brackets have been decided.

I still go back to my initial post.

That seems quite easy to write and live by.

Sims, On finals... If we want to play them out then why have a time limit?

If you insist, can we at least make a rule that extensions need to happen in advance of it happening after anyone's potential last turn? So for 4 players, that would require the extension at least 48 hours prior to finish. The biggest issue happens when you make a move based on expectations and then those change. New tiebreaker rules help, but not enough to overcome this.

It also helps eliminate the fact that you make decisions and are in the tournaments.

Likewise, tourney rounds cannot end early (barring every grouping has a winner declared), like the last round of 2x2 did.
On #2...

Maybe I'm not clear.

Can an extension ONLY happen in the last final match?

It seems you put in there it could happen in other rounds at the request of a player.
Thank you for the reply sims.

I'm in favor of most of what you posted and see them as improvements.

But agree with Doug's previous comment - I do NOT agree with #2, as I understand it. Whether it be no time extensions or clear rules that define when they occur (and well before the end of a round), it must have individual decision making removed. The rule can not be, if someone asks for it.
The time extensions in the tournaments are very disruptive. They are adding another element that undermines the integrity of the gameplay and the outcome. It is essentially changing the rules mid-game.

I understand the intent, but I propose we need structure and defined rules built around the time extension determination and process.

First pass for discussion:
An initial time extension will only take place with exactly Y hours remaining in the tournament. Y = (The number of players) * (time limit) + (2*turn time limit) [ex, 72 hours in a 4 total player tourney with 12 hour time limits; 48 hours in a 2 total player tourney]
An initial time extension will only take place if <60% of the games/brackets are undecided.
The time extension will double the remaining time in the tournament.

A second time extension will only take place with exactly Y hours remaining from the first extension. Y = same calculation as above.
A second time extension will only take place if <50% of the games/brackets are undecided. (yes, I lowered the completion bar here on purpose)
The time extension will double the remaining time in the tournament.

There will be a maximum of 2 time extensions regardless of all other circumstances.

Clear and defined rules will allow players to adapt accordingly. This also eliminates any potential conflict of interest in the decision. There should be no subjectivity to this.

This assumes that the determination of a winner in an unfinished game only includes rounds for which both players were able to take a turn. I'm not sure if that's been implemented or not.

General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes applied on 2015-11-25 » Go to message
Yes earth. Was going to give it some time. But swarmer pretty weak now and some of the technique of playing them effectively seems reduced.

Early read on that change seems not too good.

Same with battery (but in other direction).
Forum Index Profile for ttdanimal »» Messages posted by ttdanimal