[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Wraithunter
Forum Index Profile for Wraithunter »» Messages posted by Wraithunter
General Discussion » Cpt Hawaiian's Balance/Unit Ideas - Sapiens » Go to message
I'd like to tackle an elite of uniwar and learn alot. Of course I dont turtle because titan late game is legendary and I'll have my rear kicked... It wont be an artillery as I dont have the missiles yet but I could learn something from the match. Id be happy to play you.
General Discussion » Cpt Hawaiian's Balance/Unit Ideas - Sapiens » Go to message
Missiles arent smart early on as they can get easily rushed. But as sap I only need to turtle with tanks and wait for a proper wall to stand. After the wall is complete speeders wont be so good since my missiles are well protected. Plasma tank wall collapses because 2 missiles (400 creds) will reduce the plasma tank to very low HP which the tank wall will easily finish it off. Eclipses cant do much because tanks shred them with ease. I'm not good as a titan player and there might be something I've missed to counter a tank wall backed up with engs and missiles.

If there isnt Sap-Titan combat will be reduced to an artillery game where both players turtle and shoot each other with missiles and walkers.

There might be a mistake to what I've said and correct me if I;m wrong but this is how I see missiles right now. Perhaps you could change my mind in any way?
Wouldn't that unbalance titans?
The Saps get an artillery more powerful than walkers.
Titan plasma wall would prove insufficient since they are too slow to counter a sap tank wall (let's not forget about EMP to make that advance even slower)
Assimilator would get taken out by missiles so you cant repair your badly damaged tanks (while sap tank gets 4-6 repair every turn)

I think a tactical missile will overpower the titans because they cant get a good rush going (most of their units are too slow for the job) before the tank wall with engineers are out and the missiles start spamming at three range behind the engs.

May i ask though, how many speeders will it take to pop a missile?
Probably balances it out if you tell me.

Thanks
(Forgot to tell that to balance this out you need to actually add another unit to titans and kral, say perhaps a unit with point defense systems on it for titans.)
Sapiens » increased marauder air power » Go to message
Wont that make sap overpowered vs kral on maps with good terrain?
Sapiens » Against Buried Underlings » Go to message
I use engineers alot in my battles when those garudas start to pick on my helis or when my marauders get hit by pinzers trying to rush at infectors. How do I get them back in action fast without engineers? I mean I wouldn't want to spam helis and marauders just because I have too many wounded repairing themselves.
Sapiens » What do you think of this unit idea? » Go to message
That would mean thinking up of a new unit for the other 2 races...
OK so trying it out with a game I charge infectors with marauders or helis but what happens when kral trains pinzers? In small maps I can't get a lot of helis to counter them and tanks get picked off by air. Any effective way to destroy pinzers that i've miised?
I've got this problem with buried underlings assassinating my engineers. When I shield them with marine my opponent decides to attack with garuda/wyrm/infector combo and I can't put a good counter attack because alot of my troops are defending my engineers. If I abandon the engineers my troops become victim of plague and from there on I just start losing ground. Are my engineers really vital against Kral or do I just overestimate plague?
Forum Index Profile for Wraithunter »» Messages posted by Wraithunter