[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: LkASr
Forum Index Profile for LkASr »» Messages posted by LkASr
New Feature Request » The convergence; new race » Go to message
depends on your decision, either way work well
New Feature Request » New Race 2: Fantasy time » Go to message
Think about it, aren't they similar? Fantasy is all about magic, arcane, lore, beasts, and epics while science fiction is all about energy, plasma, space, aliens, and breakthroughs. They look real similar, but the only differences I'd think that fantasy is older and softer while science fiction is younger and harder.
New Feature Request » New Race Idea: Pyreans, Masters of Land and Air » Go to message
Rebalancing Information: Blaze Terror

- Fixed rate of damage is decreased by 1 (3 max) based on its missing health (starting at 8 Hp)

+ To compensate for the weakness, it is now be able to heal itself by +2.

- Mobility is decreased from 18 -> 15

+ Vision is increased from 2 -> 4
New Feature Request » New Race 2: Fantasy time » Go to message
what's with the sudden fantasy race?
New Feature Request » New Race Idea: Pyreans, Masters of Land and Air » Go to message
You do know that it's fairly easy to block a Blaze terror with infantry and it's also a one shot against costy units. It's best use them as a breakthrough or as a followup, plus they won't be refunded after Kamikaze

Flight is a passive ability

I considered PR as a 450 unit because it's the best scout in the race (surpasses all) and for swarm purposes, it will instantly regen while it's in a large group of other PRs
New Feature Request » Race Comparison: Phasers vs Convergence vs Pyreans » Go to message
reserved #7
New Feature Request » Race Comparison: Phasers vs Convergence vs Pyreans » Go to message
reserved #6
reserved #5
Unit Type Comparison: Ground Heavy Pt.2

And now for the support:

[Ps] Predator

+ Hunts GHs for breakfast + Fast + Tough
+ Move after attack
- Very short range - Poor vs everything else
- Defenseless vs aerial

Note: It does have the same aquatic capabities as the ground heavies, but it won't stand up against then 1on1, I suggest 550 credits

[Cn] Hypnotic

+ Can convert anything + Good vision
- Defenseless - Very slow

[Pr] Slinger

+ Anti aquatic + Very long range + Quite tough
+ Can defend itself + High vision
+ Can attack after move +Burst Fire
- Struggles against non aquatic

Conclusion:

The Slinger will eat the other two for breakfast with Burst Fire, but the Predator can reverse the situation if it can get close enough to take it down, so it's a matter of range and the map.
Unit Type Comparison: Ground Heavy Pt.1

This time, Phasers will dominate in variety against either 2 and are very tanky, but the other 2 don't slouch either as their units can combat them in unique ways, so fair to say, it may become a fair game, but Phasers may take the cake on this type.

Unit List:

Phasers:

Infiltrator (recon unit, because it ignores ZoC)
Hovertank
Predator ('cause it hunts GHs for breakfast :D)
Archon

Convergence:

Bishop
Rook
Hypnotic

Pyreans:

Pyre Snake
Magma Golem
Slinger

1st, we'll go with the recon units 1st:

[Ps] Infiltrator
+ Ignores ZoC + Enhanced vs ground heavy
- Poor at handling ground lights - Low vision
-Can't repair itself
(note: I suggest 250 because it's bad vs GLs)

[Cn] Bishop
+ Great offense + Faster repair + Onslaught
- Expensive - Has rather weak defense

[Pr] Pyre Snake
+ Long range + Irregular warfare
- Weak vs aquatic

Conclusion:

Pyre Snake would dominate against both because of its unique way of fighting while being inexpensive, but they could beat it if they get close and attack first and make use of its slow repair, but it can become problematic if the Pyre Snake makes use of the environment if the other two don't have infantry with them.
(note: I also suggest for Infiltrator to have +2)

Now for the meat of the army:

[Ps] Hovertank:
+ Can move in water + Long range
- Can't move in forests -Can't repair itself

[Ps] Archon:
+ Charge + Strong vs aquatic +Blinding Light
+ Strong defense
- Defenseless vs aerial - Very poor vision
-Slow recharge (20 turns) - Can't repair itself

[Cn] Rook:
+ Overheal + Fast mobility + Great Vision
- Expensive - Easier to be killed upon gangup

[Pr] Magma Golem:
+ Unnerved
- Fairly slow mobility - Slow repair

Conclusion:

Hovertank would have an advantage against either one of the 2 and is able to hold on its own for a while, but when it comes on land, Rook can eventually beat either one if overheal is made use of, but Magma Golems will dominate in numbers as their Unnerved will finish off most units fast.

[Part 2 is on the next reply because of the stanza limit]
Unit Type Comparison: Ground Light

In this fight, Pyreans and Convergence curb stomp Phasers in variety (both have 3 units to Phasers's 1), so Phasers may have a hard time fighting them.

Unit List:

Phasers:

Dark Swordsman

Convergence:

Strategist
Pawn
Knight

Pyreans:

Pyrrior
Wisp
Shifters

Ok, let's start with the backbone of all armies:

[Ps] Dark Swordsman:
+ Very Powerful for a soldier + Good mobility
- Expensive for a soldier - Can't heal itself

[Cn] Pawn:
+ Can 1on1 a recon unit + Tanky for a soldier
- Worse vs aerial and aquatic - Fairly slow

[Pr] Pyrrior:
+ Can fly + Strong offense + unconvertable
- Poor defense - weak in the open

Conclusion: Dark Swordsman will dominate in 1on1 brawls against either 2 while Pyrriors will struggle against either one but their flight will save them from getting killed and fight another day.

Now for the support units:

[Cn] Strategist:
+ x3 regen + Scream + Good mobility
- Expensive - Very slow ability recharge

[Pr] Wisp:
+ Radiant Fire + Can move and attack
- Very poor vision - Can't convert

Conclusion: Strategist is an excellent medic and can temporary convert, but Wisp doesn't slouch against a Strategist and will bring annoyance with Radiant Fire. So it's fair to say that it's a healer vs witch doctor comparison.

And for the 3rd units:

[Cn] Knight:
+ Long range (only at odd tiles) + Stun
- Expensive - No offense - Fairly slow

[Pr] Shifter:
+ Flight & Bury + AoE true damage
- Fairly expensive - Can't counter

Conclusion: Both being support infantry, Shifter would fare better at killing faster with others than the Knight, which it can only stun but a Knight can ruin a Shifter's day with stun from afar.
So let's get the general information. Phasers are a race of powerhouses, Convergence are a race of lives (my general faction name for the ones who specialize in healing), and Pyreans are a race of cannons and walls. So how would eace race combat each other:

Phasers vs Convergence:

A battle between the commoners and the royalty! Phasers are powerful, but are expensive to play (more expensive than Titans) while Convergence will play in the manner of heal to death. In combat, Phasers will need to muster enough units to prevent the heal spam from occuring while Convergence would generally have an advantage against Phasers when it comes to stalling. It may take time and patience to overcome Phasers thanks to their advance healing. Also, they can convert each other, so it could become a propaganda warfare.

Convergence vs Pyreans:

A battle of epic proportions! As Pyreans, they are king of attacking while they do have defensive support to back up their squishy brethren. Against Convergence, it is always good to scout to prepare an attack and like Phasers, they have to muster and kill asap, but instead, they are better at it but at a cost of defense. And again against Pyreans, the use healing and numbers to stop them, but this time, you be needing to play more defensive as they will be more persistent on disrupting your units, especially when encountering Slingers and Blaze terrors, which are ideal anti-aquatic units to your Queen

Pyreans vs Phasers:

A fight of fire and steel, offense and defense! As Pyreans, beat them up as fast as possible and decimate their ranks. As Phasers, avoid getting tangled from their suicide attacks and accompany your armor with infantry as they can intervene them.

note: I've been trying to research more, but I need more time for it.
Hello, I'm here to compare ther 3 race ideas to the test and see how would each race combat each other. I will put each replies as the 4 unit types and the last ones will be the stengths and weaknesses. Let's see :)
New Feature Request » New race idea (Phasing Race) *updated 2/25 » Go to message
I'd say that the Hovertank would be better suited for being aquatic than ground heavy, due to its characteristics of being aquatic.
UniWar: Origins » The Revelations of Valkyrie » Go to message
Ch. 2-2 The Dark Souls

[Valkyrie]

12:00, as my regiment went to lunch with their rations because we'd need to secure the area before we can move on, I walked up to a small hill and look at the scenery. The area looks pretty, though not as much as to where I live. Too bad that there are a lot of bloodshed in the area, but more on the Khraleans because it was a decisive victory. As I keep staring at the place, a huge shadow eclipses me, and as I look behind, it was Scottsman. Before I could talk- [Scottsman] "ey, why were ye on tae battlefield?!", [Valkyrie] "I thought you needed help as those Underlings may give you trobles", [Scottsman] "No one underestimates tae Scottsman, Dark Soul or not, new or old, Sap or Khral, they'll always tremble against me, ye hear?! I don't want seein ye in tae battlefield, ye hear, I will always work alone!" and he left. *Sigh*, when can I understand him? But then, another soldier came to me, but this time it's a woman. She has medium-short, but a but boyish hair, a pretty face, and is also taller than me- [Woman] "he's always like that, no one from any Dark Soul still can understand him, oh by the way, my codename is Krystale, nice to meet you". Oh, I see that you're a Dark Soul as well, Valkyrie, is it not?", I replied with a yes. As she stares at me for a little- [Krystale] "Hm, I've never seen anyone else rivaling my looks, especially for a guy like you, though I did heard that you do really look like your mother, is it not?", though I nervously replied with a yes. [Krystale] "My, my, getting rosy red red there, eh? Why not come with me and meet with the others", I agreed to do so. 10 minutes later, we entered to a room with the other Dark Souls, I see 5 of them, but I don't see Scottsman unfortunately. Kristale introduced me to the others- [Krystale] "Hey guys, we got a member of the party, his codename is Valkyrie and he'll be with us from now on. Valkyrie, I'll introduce them to you, since I'm the Marine prodigy, meet my sister Rubie, the team's Engineering prodigy, although she's also pretty good at medic". Rubie has blond hair and is longer than Krystale's, though it's close to shoulder
length and unlike her, she's quite more muscular- [Rubie] "Nice to meet you Valkyrie, if you have problems wth something, come see me for repairs or medicine.", [Krystale] "The next one is Jacker, our Marauder ace, he can scout very, very fast and kill an underling in the open in one swoop, awesome isn't it?".
Forum Index Profile for LkASr »» Messages posted by LkASr