[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: EvCatz
Forum Index Profile for EvCatz »» Messages posted by EvCatz
User Generated Maps » Unplayed maps being deleted. » Go to message
Wasn't sure where I should post this. If published maps are made but not played for a period of time they are removed from playable maps. Maps can no longer be made with the same name of the vanished maps either. I had several well balanced (in my opinion) maps that are no longer playable. Figured I'd let people know.
General Discussion » Changes are coming to uniwar... » Go to message
He just hinted at two specific options.

One: increase maximum amount of games you can play at once.

Two: be able to watch replays of the entire game when it finishes.
Tournaments » EvCatz 2000-2350 tournament registration » Go to message
ASAP. So when I have 25 players.
Tournaments » EvCatz under 1650 tournament registration » Go to message
Come on guys spread the word.
Tournaments » EvCatz 1650-2000 tournament registration » Go to message
  ggleb wrote: ggleb 1954. I'm ready to take part in tournament

You don't reach the 60 game limit and you are certainly stronger than a 1954. I'm sorry but because of that I won't be able to let you participate.
Tournaments » EvCatz 2000-2350 tournament registration » Go to message
Hello, this thread is for the registration of my tournament for players rated between 2000 and 2350. If you have not already, please read my discussion thread on this tournament first : http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1743.page .

To register, simply state your rating and your intent to join. An example: "Hey, rating is 2178. I'd like to join. Thanks!" Please continue to check this thread so you know when the tournament begins. Because of the nature of the game, tournaments may last up to a couple months long so please do not join if you do not have the time to participate. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Participants:
1. Seamonster95
2. youownme
3. spiritfinger
4. stockolius
5. quesok
6. tsadlocha
7. snakehd
8. BEASTMODE
9. ZULLOSUTRA
10. joker8099
11. a.c.a.b
12. sniggih
Hello, this thread is for the registration of my tournament for players rated between 1650 and 2000. If you have not already, please read my discussion thread on this tournament first : http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1743.page .

To register, simply state your rating and your intent to join. An example: "Hey, rating is 1778. I'd like to join. Thanks!" Please continue to check this thread so you know when the tournament begins. Because of the nature of the game, tournaments may last up to a couple months long so please do not join if you do not have the time to participate. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Participants:
1. metadeity
2. PurpleLlama
3. tzdt
4. dydx
5. droidfreak36
Tournaments » EvCatz under 1650 tournament registration » Go to message
Hello, this thread is for the registration of my tournament for players rated below 1650. If you have not already, please read my discussion thread on this tournament first : http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1743.page .

To register, simply state your rating and your intent to join. An example: "Hey, rating is 1478. I'd like to join. Thanks!" Please continue to check this thread so you know when the tournament begins. Because of the nature of the game, tournaments may last up to a couple months long so please do not join if you do not have the time to participate. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Participants:
1. Jacob55
Tournaments » EvCatz Tournament Discussion Thread » Go to message
Continued from original post...

Players will be required to register for the tournament on these very forums. For those lurkers, your username and password to the forum is the same as your login information that you use for Uniwar. I have decided that it will be easiest if I make a separate registration thread for each tournament. If you are interested, please follow the proper link below and fill out the form requested in a short reply to the thread. If you believe you should be placed in a different rating group despite you own rating (ie: 1640 rated player wanting in next group up), just state so in your post and I'll likely comply.

For players rated under 1650: http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1744.page
For players rated between 1650 and 2000: http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1745.page
For players rated between 2000 and 2350: http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1746.page

I'm hoping we can get this registration process done quickly so we can get the tournaments underway. I ask that all participants keep an eye on the forum by checking the thread that they registered in every couple of days. The tournaments will start as soon as registration is complete. Please pass the word around to your friends that a tournament is being held.

Lastly, failure to follow any rules will result in a punishment, likely disqualification.

Feel free to ask any questions.

P.S. Sorry for wall of text. There is no TL:DR so read it all.
Tournaments » EvCatz Tournament Discussion Thread » Go to message
Hello, since there have been many requests, I will be hosting tournaments for lower rated players. My plan is to host three different tournaments for different rating groups that will run simultaneously. As of now, these rating groups will be <1650, 1650-2000, and 2000-2350.

These tournaments will follow the same format that Dan is currently using in his tournament. There will be 5 groups of 5 players each for every tournament. Players will play everyone in their group on the map I designate. For every match, players will also reverse their races and starting color and play them simultaneously. This means that everyone will be playing 8 matches at one time. To earn a point, you need to either defeat your opponent in both matches that you play with them or defeat them faster than they could defeat you. Only the player with the most points will advance out of their group. A final group will be made out of the group winners and this process will repeat once more.

If players tie in the amount of rounds it takes to defeat each other, they will earn a half-point for the matchup. In the case of a two-way tie for the winner of a group, whichever player earned the point against the player who they're tied with will advance. Though it is unlikely, if a tie for group winner between 3 or more players occurs in a group, I will personally decide what to do when the situation arises.

Another rule: skipping is NOT allowed without first consulting me first. Players will need to notify me if a player is not responding by moving or through the chat. I'll then get in contact with the rest of the group and then make a decision myself based on the situation.

Continued in first reply...
Tournaments » dan1 tourney 5 » Go to message
I was under the impression that the rule was in effect for me the entire time; I don't see why I shouldn't have, and it's still difficult for me to comprehend how BloodyHarry thought it was not. My line of thinking was that as long as I did not let BloodyHarry recapture a base in the game I was winning, there was no possible way for him to win the series (my win would certainly come faster). This affected the way I played both games. Different winning requirements will always have an effect on someone's strategy. In my opinion, the fact that BloodyHarry also did not react to my attack at all (he built nothing round 1 and continued to capture his base anyways even though he had vision of my marine not capturing my own base) means he can't even claim the attack was unfair (he claimed it was fair only because the map was mirrored). If BloodyHarry was in my position, I have no doubt in my mind that he would be baffled by the same opinions that he is claiming right now. I'm trying my best to not come off as rude but I felt insulted. Dan was also correct in his assumption that I would win faster when disregarding the 5-turn rule. I won on move 12 and he won on move 14.

Since I'm posting now, I might as well post the results to my other finished games:
EvCatz (Blue Sapien) winner vs. Indianajones (Red Titan) in 8 turns (surrender).
EvCatz (Red Titan) winner vs. Indianajones (Blue Sapien) in 10 turns (surrender).
EvCatz (Blue Sapien) winner vs. WolfCat (Red Titan) in 12 rounds.

My other game against WolfCat is on turn 17 already. It's still too early in both of my games against Vogon Jeltz to say who has the advantage. My games with Vogon Jeltz are Blue Titan vs. Red Sapien if anyone was curious. I'll post the results of these games when they are finished.

Regards,
EvCat z
What happens if a group ends with a point total tie for first?
Hey guys, just to let everyone know ahead of time I have a really busy weekend coming up. I'll try my very best to finish my turns on time but real life does come before a video game. I understand and accept the consequence if anyone decides to skip me if my timer expires. I shouldn't a problem finishing my turns for the rest of the tournament. I'm hoping to finish them on time anyways but we'll see.
Hello I'm here.
Forum Index Profile for EvCatz »» Messages posted by EvCatz