[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Abie
Forum Index Profile for Abie »» Messages posted by Abie
General Discussion » New Rated Map system suggestions » Go to message
New System on how to make a map RATED:

I think the whole system needs to be changed on how to consider a map as rated.
Currently the only way a map gets to “rated” status, is with a thumbs up or thumbs down by both players after it is played.

What I think the developers should do is have testing system for a map. The system should be used on only a few maps at a time, and be used for random games.

Here is how I think the testing should go:
1. A map like Dead Monk is played
2. One race combo (out of 9) is selected
3. At the conclusion of the game, both players have to rate the map
4. Once the map has been played 3-5 times with EACH of the 9 race combinations after the testing phase, it can then be determined whether the map should be rated or unrated.

In this system, I think the developers should choose only a few maps at a time to test.

Depending on each players rating, should determine how much that their vote will count towards the fairness of the map.
When a player selects the “like” or “thumbs up” button, then there vote should towards the fairness of the map in a way such as the following:

1) 1750-2100 – 1 vote
2) 2100-2300 – 2 votes
3) 2300-3000 – 3 votes

Other relevant info:
Only a few maps should be tested at a time. The maps that are selected should be selected by admins, and should be reasonably fair maps.
No player should be able to rate the same map more than one or two times. If they play it twice, then they can’t rate the same combination of races.
In order to be rated as fair, the map needs to be rated at least 5 times from players rated over 2200.
High rated players who are not scheduled for random games should be given a random game anyway just to test and rate the map. This should be done only for map testing and nothing else.

I mentioned 9 race combos before, they are as follows:
KvK
SvS
TvT
KvS & SvK (Where both races can go first)
TvS & SvT
TvK & KvT

Everyone please post suggestions. There probably should be tweaks to these suggestions. The developers would have to look closer.
General Discussion » List of FAIR and UNFAIR rated maps - Please post!! » Go to message
Uniwar Community,

I would like to ask if the Community can assist me in identifying maps that are currently rated, and whether the map is really fair or unfair. I want to create two lists, one for rated maps that are fair for all of the 9 race combos, and one where it is deemed unfair for any race combo.

The race combos are as follows:
KvK
SvS
TvT
KvS & SvK (Where both races go first in the matchup)
TvS & SvT
TvK & KvT

The reasons that you can consider a map as unfair are very broad. Believe it or not, I think that at least 10% of the games I play are unfair in some small way.

Fair Maps - Maps that are considered fair for all the 9 race combos (listed above)
Cash
ClamJam
Black Diamond
TinyDesert

Unfair Maps - Self-explanatory
Pond
Gooniewarz
findx2
CapturingTheStorm
Scramble
Gruntv2 (see my replay)
Demer11
RebelStrut82183
Tunguska Lake
Diamondsforever

Once you find a map that is fair or unfair, that you think you can make a legitimate judgment of, please reply to this post, and I will add them these lists.
General Discussion » Broken Ranked maps » Go to message
Guys,

I posted a thread about this type of stuff in User Generated Maps. Maybe I should move or recreate it here in the general forum.

Please take a look:

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2182.page

User Generated Maps » Post here Unfair RATED maps. » Go to message
Come to think of it, some of the tournament maps are not 100% fair for both sides in my opinion. I think it's mostly true for the KvK maps, and Titans vs Titans.

I think the most unfair maps I find are the ones when you try to join an existing game that people created, instead of doing a random game. I find some of the maps to be unfair. Not all but some. People pick the map because they think they have an advantage using that one race.

I think these maps are fair for both sides:

Cash
ClamJam
Black Diamond
TinyDesert
This is also a great idea.

Create some more lists!
General Discussion » why players dont surrender » Go to message
Agreed. I played a game for an extra day simply because my opponent didn't want to surrender, and I was up by like 3,000 credits.

In tournaments, it is about who can stall longer. If you can stall longer, you can win. This often happens in mirrored tournament games.
Uniwar Community,

I want to create a list of unfair rated maps.

Currently a lot of the rated maps that exist, are in some way unfair maps for an even match between three race combos. I think the community as a whole should create a list of maps that we deem to be unfair for one side or another.
What everyone should do is, once you find a map that is unfair, please reply to this post, and I will add them to a list that I want to create of what players consider unfair.

The list will begin with these map names:
Pond
Gooniewarz
findx2
User Generated Maps » Unfair map, legitimately unfair. » Go to message
The map "Pond" is a map that I deem unfair because Khraliens gets an advantage.

I played in a game of KvS, and K has a big advantage because the underling can do a base cap turn 1, where Sapiens can't.

Can this map be removed from being a rated map?

K wins in any matchup.
General Discussion » Master's Tournament, suggestion. » Go to message
I like the idea a ton. Some tournament match ups are blatantly unfair. I am a 1850 player in round 2 of Chanpionship December. In round one I faced a 2175 opponent and survived by the skin of my teeth. I only won because he took forever in both games. So I finally skipped. otherwise I don't think I would have won.

The second round, I got Brom. That gives me virtually no chance at all. I got crushed in the first game. The second he doesn't need to try that hard because he will advance no matter what because of tourney rules.

A masters tournament in my opinion should include players 2300+. Everything below that can't compete. Another tourney for players below would make sense. So average non-grandmaster players can stand a chance. 1900 vs a 2200 always stands a chance. Maybe not a great one, but still some kind of chance.
Bug Reports » Beta testing reports for 1.8.25 and above » Go to message
In 1.8.42 I found a bug. I was looking at a replay of my opponents turn, and then units that were not on the map that neither player had began to "blink." They showed up and disappeared.

Again, I was playing version 1.8.42, and I was playing on iOS 9.1, on my iPad 2.

I emailed Support@Uniwar.com with a video of what happened, because this was very strange.
General Discussion » Random Matches » Go to message
Its in account settings.........
General Discussion » How do I get 20 online games? » Go to message
Would it be possible to get to 20 now that we have a later version?
New Feature Request » Suicide Unit Suggestion » Go to message
I don't think it would be such a bad idea. Maybe give each race the exact same unit.
General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes » Go to message
  StarryBlink wrote:Good proposal overall Xavi. Although you nerf my lovely jeep a little bit But it's alright .

Just a few comments :

1. Battery move after attack of 7 is too much. Likely to make it overpowered.
Just make them able to do move after attack on Forrest and Swamp is enough.
Maybe increase its move after attack to 5. And decrease their mobility cost on swamp & forest to 5.

2. And what about titan speeder ? Now it's the worst 250 dollar unit.
Increase speeder's mobility from 16 to 18 should make it more comparable to jeep & swarmer.

The Battery change is big. It will be completely overpowered if it goes up to 7 mobility. Making them able to move after attack on Forest and Swamp is perfect in my opinion.

I also want to add in another issue that has been brought up. I know people are saying that low rated players aren't going to notice these changes. I sort of beg to differ, because I think that some will notice. I certainly will notice. I love this game and I want it to be the best there is in the world. I am trying hard to get my rating up to 2000++, which I seriously hope to by the end of this year.
General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes » Go to message
I am going to put in my two cents as well, but with Full Disclosure so that people are aware of me.
I've been playing for 3 months and I am rated 1800+.

With regards to these changes, the only one where I think I have enough knowledge of is the Battery.

Back to Earth's point, I do think that increasing the mobility on Move after attack from 4 to 7 is a huge stretch. being able to go across the terrain 2 spots on move would be gigantic and make them overpowered.

What I would suggest is that the mobility be increased enough to where the Battery can move onto a forest hex, because the Battery cannot do that on MAA. Currently on MAA a Battery can only move to other plain hexes.
Forum Index Profile for Abie »» Messages posted by Abie