[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Michaelrn
Forum Index Profile for Michaelrn »» Messages posted by Michaelrn
New Feature Request » Upcoming new Terrains » Go to message
I'm still not sure about the small island, but I like these terrain ideas. And that sea terrains could justify the 11 movement from hydro and leviathans.
General Discussion » Questions/suggestions re vision, FOW and undo » Go to message
  amidama wrote:so basicly you offer "Ï will still use 1 undo per turn, and you will have 0. haha." am I reading you corrently this time?
its unfair. undo gives a big advantage. 1 undo per turn is enough for scouting and knowing the damage sequence. and if you are serious about it - then i will fully utilize my right to secretly hate you.

Again, I don't know if you read all that I wrote on the last message, but I suggested that the undo limit could be to how many times a player could undo in the WHOLE game (I prefer it that way because I think it is more fair). So at the worst case, the opponent would be able to undo only one single turn, only one time then he wouldn't be able to undo any other turn in that game. I don't think that he would spend it to scout or to damage control, as he could need that later to correct one mistake.

You don't have to have to hate me in secret, you can do it plainly. You are free to do that
General Discussion » Questions/suggestions re vision, FOW and undo » Go to message
Maybe the limit of undo turns voted could be for the whole game rather than for per turn. So if the limit was set to 1, for example, each player would be able to undo a turn only once in that game.

amidama wrote:" to remove the undo turn by "unofficional" means" - yeeeeaaaah, and make this game completely pay to win.
I can win nearly any player(apart from top 10 probably) in this game if he will not use the undo, if I will be using the unlimited undo.
Undo itself gives about +500 rating in addition to your current rating comparing to a player that does not use the undo.

if you want to use it alone because you paid for it and want to easily destroy any non-paying player - its up to you. but its really, really low.

if you also mean to remove the paid version to make it equal - you did not mention it yet.

I suppose you did not read all that I wrote.

When I say to remove the undo by "unofficional" means, it is because I see that as the only way to be able to limit the undo, which is the main point, because I think players should be able to play a game where the undo is not abused to get advantages.
If you don't want to buy the undo token and don't want your opponent undoing turns unlimitedly, just vote for the undo limit to zero . Maybe the undo limit ends up being 1 if he votes different, but I don't think it is a great advantage for the opponent , and if even so you still don't want to be at "disavantage", I think that one single undo turn token is not that expensive.

No, I don't mean to remove the paid version (I personally think that the unlimited undo token could be a bit less expensive, but I am not here to say that). And no, I don't like pay-to-win and I don't think my idea turns Uniwar into it.
General Discussion » List of FAIR and UNFAIR rated maps - Please post!! » Go to message
The map Tunguska Lake seems unfair for Titans in TvS.

While the marine can capture the central base at the second turn, the mech can capture the central base only on turn 4 if it go by walking, or can try to capture turn 3 teleporting closer. But the starting funds allow the Sapien to build a maraunder on the first turn, and on the second turn it can already start spamming marauders every turn and they can reach the mech and the base it is trying to capture before it can capture it...
Hello, people!

This is my first post here. I am relatively new to Uniwar. There are less then 2 months since I started playing it. I instantly fell in love for the game. Its play style resembles a lot the one from Advance Wars which I am a great fan. I'm not saying Uniwar is a copy of Advance Wars, in fact Uniwar is a great game on its own. I want to share my opinions about FOW and undo turns. I may be new to the game, but I think that I already have a notion of it, my score is +2100.

I have mixed feelings about undoing turns. First of all, it is a tool that can be used to scout. That ruins a bit all the strategic planning (and fun) needed to act while taking into account a real FOW. It can also be used to control the damage. You just have tro try different attack sequences untill you find one that you think is the best. So you can the predict the randomness of the damage and use to your favor (not so random after all!). These two aspects that I mentioned provides advantages in a way that I think that is not supposed to exist in a fair match.

But the undo turn mechanism is not that villain. I remember how glad I was when I discovered about it. It saved me to ruin a very good game in which I made an accidental move with one of my units. that happens sometimes with me. Sometimes I am scrolling through the map and when I notice one of my units is somewhere else. I like to be able to undo those ocasional mistakes.

So I see the undo turn as a necessary evil to have. But something can be done to prevent it from being abused. A nice solution, I think, would be first to remove the undo turn by "unofficional" means, letting it avaiable only with the undo button. That way is possible to control the undo. My idea is that at the beggining of a match, each player would vote to the limit of the times they can undo each turn, the limit ranging from 0 to infinite. If there is a tie, the voted valor is the limit per turn, otherwise the limit is equal to the lower valor +1 [or it could be set to the lower valor voted or to 1, whichever is greater]. That would be very democratic; if all the players want to play with no limits to undo the turns, then they can do it; if they agree to play with no possibility of undoing a turn, they can do it with no worries of the opponent ends up cheating; if one player votes for zero and the other votes different, at least the second player will be able to undo each turn once, saving him from occasional mistakes but preventing him from exploiting the undo turn to much for advantage.
Forum Index Profile for Michaelrn »» Messages posted by Michaelrn