[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: alex94040
Forum Index Profile for alex94040 »» Messages posted by alex94040
General Discussion » "Higher end players": What makes a map a must-join for you? » Go to message
alex94040 here, i'm at 2100. I love 2v2's on Butterfly... It's SUCH a beautiful map. Not too close, not too far. Either Terran or Khraleans work well. I've even seen someone beat me with the Protoss. This map is all about teamplay.. I just love it. Can't miss a single game on it.
New Feature Request » Desktop or Web based Client » Go to message
+1. A web-based client would be awesome. I know it's a ton of work, though.
New Feature Request » Full-game replays » Go to message
Folks, it'd be great to have an ability to save a replay of an entire game, and replay it later. There is an entire community of replays for Starcraft, Warcraft, C&C... People learn strategy that way. They analyze the game and discuss it.

I think this would add lots of stickiness to this already FANTASTIC game.
New Feature Request » Full player profiles on Join Game screen » Go to message
+1. Anything that can add accountability is a good thing in my mind. Seems like a very simple thing to implement, too.
New Feature Request » Do not 'autostart' a game! » Go to message
+1! Happened to me many times.
Guides & Tips » Another Hack/Exploit » Go to message
Wow, that's most definitely weird. Never saw anything like that.

Who were the player(s) you were playing against?
Guides & Tips » Uniwar Hack Revealed! - 2 week notice » Go to message
Hachiman - you are alleging that three people with rating significantly higher than yours are lying. That's, well, a bit rude.

That said, if you have doubts, go ahead and invite moerderin to a non-rated game. He can demonstrate the hack to you like he did to me.

Denying this issue is only going to make it worse - the time is ticking, moerderin will go public with the hack if the hole is not patched, and the game will become unplayable because of massive cheating.
Fixed the images.
---
Here are the screenshots from the game where moerderin demonstrated the hack to me. I have no doubt that he indeed has successfully hacked the game. Developers of Uniwar, please work with moerderin as soon as possible to get this fixed.

Here's a 1-health ant killing a 10-health helicopter:

Guides & Tips » Uniwar is hacked » Go to message
Uniwar is indeed hacked, and the person that managed to do (moerderin) it admitted to it: http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/597.page

whitehat, the other person who did the hack, is apparently the little brother of moerderin who taught him the hack. The hack requires a jailbroken phone and is, according to moerderin, "not very difficult". See more details in his post.
New Feature Request » Decline Invites!!!!? » Go to message
You won't get penalized even if the game gets started. You can surrender on turn #1 without moving any of the units / building anything, and your rating will remain unchanged.
General Discussion » Crazy what happened here? » Go to message
Agreed that you indeed were hacking, not cheating. You immediately admitted to using an unfair advantage. You never tried to secretly fly under the radar, or anything like that.

By the way, it must indeed have taken a very serious amount of work to hack the game. Security companies like Symantec are always on the lookout for talented hackers, you would definitely get a kick out of working there. Trying to outsmart the smart hacker folks is what they do, it's a whole different level of the game
Well, it sucks that the game is hacked, but it's good that the hack will be out in the open. Developers of the game, please cooperate with moerderin and get this patched as soon as possible.

I'm playing moerderin in a private game, I'll take a screenshot. I'm pretty invested in the game, 2000+ rating, so I'm hopeful this will be a trustworthy source. If somebody else wants to double-check and also post a screenshot, invite moerderin into a non-rated game.
General Discussion » Crazy what happened here? » Go to message
Well, it takes guts to admit cheating, so kudos to you, moerderin, for doing that.

Here's my take on what you might want to do: find a private way to communicate with Uniwar developers. Get their email address. Send them a private email and suggest that you found a way how to hack the game. Explain your findings in full detail. Tell them that they have 2 weeks to fix the issue before you go public with it.

This will accomplish two things:
1) Not ruin the game for anyone else in the meantime
2) Light the fire under the developers' butts to get this fixed quickly.

In the meantime, please do act honorably and don't hack the game again. I think the community will be willing to accept you back if you start from scratch, create a brand new account, and never cheat again. It's just so unpleasant to be thinking about these complex strategies to only be destroyed through a cheat..
Forum Index Profile for alex94040 »» Messages posted by alex94040