[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: elroyomj
Forum Index Profile for elroyomj »» Messages posted by elroyomj
Tournaments » Uniwar HD Tourney » Go to message
Fobos-

Thank you for the thrilling match. You have nothing to be ashamed of and should keep your head up. Your skill level shows why many people consider you one of the best ten uniwarriors in the world!

Regarding the match, I think I exploited a hole in your game that you need to practice on. We can all improve and get better. It is for that reason I would ask you to reconsider leaving uniwar- I think you have a lot of potential and could become one of the all time greats.

However, I do have a friend that would like to join the December tourney so please decide quickly and possibly unregister so he can get in and play (0 seats available).

Thank you to all who appreciated my tactic, and recognized it for the red herring that it was.

Elroy

What's New in the Latest Updates » Rank Reform - Part 2 & 3 » Go to message
Yeah, not a big fan of the whole reset of points of those of us over 2400. Many of us have done it the right way- I have played the game for 4 1/2 years and have three different accounts with approx 2600-2700 each. You would be reaching into my figurative point pocket pretty deep.

I vote to drop such proposa: In time it will work itself out- those who got there the wrong way will just lose on an equal playing field and come back down. Those who don't play anymore will lose points until they come down. Those of us that did get there the right way won't be penalized and can fight to try and hold onto our earned perches.

Elroyomj
Elroyomj too
Elroyomj iii
Tournaments » Double Impact Team Tournament - organized by StylePro » Go to message
nevermind. Found answer.

Elroy
Tournaments » Frozen planet - first tourney in round robin format » Go to message
Sims-

I saw that you posted the next round is set up the same way as the first (round robin) but I didn't see whether or not it would be rated. Also, how will the groups be chosen? I.e. Will group winners from 1-4 be lumped into one or will the group winners be scrambled.

If it matters at all I would say unranked and scrambled but I have a feeling it will be the opposite

Not that I will make it there anyway. Wolfcat is on the prowl and looks hungry.

Elroy
Tournaments » Frozen planet - first tourney in round robin format » Go to message
Farmer, eh? How does one farm, exactly? 1 min games or something?

Also, I do appreciate not being in the group with Jon and Soli. Thats pretty cruel company too.

FYI: Please spare me replies about soil, water, and sunlight.

Elroy
Sims-

Thanks for addressing my concerns. As much as I feel I was part of a bait and switch scam, I guess I should feel honored that I got stuck in a group with the likes of my dasterdly competition. I suppose if I pull out a miracle upset on evilcat I could reap some serious ladder points. I didn't even know scores went that high. 4000? Is he a unicorn or some mythical beast? I admit I know little of the nefarious evilcat.

Elroy
Whipping boy of group 1

Two questions about the tourney.

1) Why are all the games rated? I dont remember that part of the sign up. The current rated aspect of the tourney leads me to point 2...

2) WTF is up with Group 1? Not one to complain but I cannot imagine that the other divisions are very 'balanced' if I am the lowest rated player (based on the ladder) in a division at #34. Seriously - I have the #3, #20, and #21 player in the uniwar universe in a division with me in a RATED tourney? How in the world were the spots drawn and how out of 384 players does a division consist of such uniwar murderers?

Any attention to my rantings is appreciated.

Thanks,

Elroy
Tournaments » Runiwar Open Cup - 2014 » Go to message
Thank you for that message. It was very helpful in letting me know what's going on. Will send invites.
Elroyomj iii
Talone- I am trying to register but I get lost in translation. Would you post a better link to register for English speakers (I went to the one in the English section and when I clicked on the registration link it went Russian on me again)?

Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rounds and statistics » Go to message
Elroyomj 4
Mesmerized 0

Elroyomj (green sap) defeats Mesmerized (red tit) - 10 rds
Elroyomj (red tit) defeats Mesmerized (green sap) - 17 rds
Elroyomj (green sap) defeats Mesmerized (red sap) - 11 rds
Elroyomj (red sap) defeats Mesmerized (green sap) - 13 rds

Similar kudos to Mesmerized - great upcoming player and a pleasure to meet.
What's New in the Latest Updates » Rank Reform » Go to message
So.... Any verdict in this department or are we still pontificating?

Elroy
Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rules and registration » Go to message
I will be patient and wait.

While I wait I will think about how sad I will be if fobos_rus puts me out of the tourney again.

Then again, if I meet him again I will happy I got that far.

Alas, the mixed feelings.

Elroy
Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rules and registration » Go to message
I, too, am ready for the next round.

Any word on the ETA for the next games to start?

For the record I really appreciate the organizers for putting it together for everyone.
What's New in the Latest Updates » Rank Reform » Go to message
I vote for keeping both systems - perhaps call it the old ladder and new/current ladder. Try the new one out for a test run and work the kinks as you go. I would hate to lose/tinker with the rich history (as far as an app is concerned) of the uniwar game.

Elroy
Forum Index Profile for elroyomj »» Messages posted by elroyomj