[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: copeab
Forum Index Profile for copeab »» Messages posted by copeab
What's New in the Latest Updates » Problem with latest update » Go to message
Okay, this morning update is working.

Thanks Pashaka!
What's New in the Latest Updates » Problem with latest update » Go to message
I installed 1.16.14 on my 10" 2 017 Fire this morning and the app won't open. I got it from the Uniwar website.

The previous version I had on this tablet was 1.15.11 (I think) and also came from the Uniwar website. Other than a couple of minor glitches (no notifications, app didn't appear in recently used list), it worked fine.

Any ideas?
General Discussion » Terran helicopter unable to cross deep water??? » Go to message
I don't like them close to land. However, you have to consider what certain tiles do in a map.

Blank tiles block all movement, but I find them hideously ugly. It's like the map has cigarette holes burned into it.

Deep water tiles block only flyers. They look strange in the middle of maps.

Chasms and mountains block heavy ground and amphibians. Mountains look fine but chasms can look odd if overused. The main difference in using the two is the effect you want on light ground.

Blanks and deep water, IMHO, are gimmicky, and turn battlefields into arenas.
Guides & Tips » The deadly lure of cities » Go to message
In chat, a lot of people express issues with cities, in particular when to occupy them. There are only two real rules one should follow:

(1).only occupy cities behind your front line. Occupying a city between you and your enemy is as good as throwing the unit away.

An exception is if you have a badly damaged unit that can withdraw to safety but can reach a city. You opponent will be forced to go after it and, if they don't, free points for you next turn.

(2) use badly damaged units, or support (engineer, infector, assimilator, especially if waiting to regain EMP or UV attacks) units, to occupy cities. Since the unit will be on the city indefinately, it is bad strategy to use a full health unit to do it longer than required.
Technical Support Questions » Can't log in » Go to message
Yeah, sounds like a server-side issue. Probably shouldn't take too long to resolve.
Bug Reports » Cannot login - "Invalid content recieved"-Error » Go to message
I've been getting the same message for about an hour now. The problem exists on both of my devices, a Fire HDX running the 1.13.1 apk downloaded from this site and an iRULU eXpro running the latest Google Play version.
General Discussion » CTF map making challenge » Go to message
I'm in with one of my few symmetrical maps
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.12.3/4 (Beta) with new aquatic units » Go to message
Sorry, didn't see a thread on submersibles anywhere else.
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.12.3/4 (Beta) with new aquatic units » Go to message
I'll repeat my suggestion from chat that artillery be able to attack submerged units. This would fix two issues (1) invulnerability of a submersible vs an opponent without submersibles and (2) the usefulness of artillery after the blaster units have made them less common. The artillery should have it's attack strength halved (rounded up) since it has to go through several meters of water (or other liquid) which is effectively added armor.
General Discussion » Spookyhouse devs Q and A » Go to message
I noticed that when updates to the game through Google Play and iTunes was mentioned earlier, the Amazon app store was not mentioned. Was this an oversight or intentional?
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.98 UNDERWATER units for pre-purchase » Go to message
  xavi wrote:added UNDERWATER units for PRE-purchase

Okay.

And I like the update
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.98 UNDERWATER units for pre-purchase » Go to message
  Sloan wrote:When will the update be available in the Amazon appstore? Because it's definitely not here yet...

It is beyond Xavi's control as to when Amazon approves the app and makes it available. It could be this weekend, it could be in a week.
  simsverd wrote:
  copeab wrote:Although the update says submersibles can be used in custom games, this appears not to be true. Additionally, they are not showing up at all in the app, beyond that I have purchased them

Google Play, Android 5.1.1, iRULU eXpro11

Where does it say they are available in the game to play with? Currently only in the shop..

I think it's a screen that pops up right after purchase. I'm not complaining, just saying the text should be corrected because it's wrong.
TAlthough the update says submersibles can be used in custom games, this appears not to be true. Additionally, they are not showing up at all in the app, beyond that I have purchased them

Google Play, Android 5.1.1, iRULU eXpro11
When will this be released to the app stores?
Forum Index Profile for copeab »» Messages posted by copeab