[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: guinwza
Forum Index Profile for guinwza »» Messages posted by guinwza
New Feature Request » Removing the random factor in the damage » Go to message
It's frustating when my units given same conditions as opponent's same unit dealing different damage because of luck.
I argree, random factor is make this game somewhat luck dependent which ideally shouldn't happen in tactical game.
I understand that shop is important because it'll provide money to develop the game.
but I just don't want this topic to disappear because the damage calculation, like the map , is one of the most important thing to balance the game.
With more constant damage calculation player will be able to calculate how many this unit need to kill that unit and will make game more attractive.

Lately, I try playing other ios-hex-tbs game which unit does non-ramdomized damage and still enjoy the game because the fun,challenge of TBS game come from tactical manuever not randomized things.
New Feature Request » Can there be fast random ranked match » Go to message
since there's many new player get very few game slot and if the battle take very long day it'll be boring
I remember when I was a new player to this game I'm very frustated when I need to wait all the day to play only one turn

so can you implement new game mode that the turn limit is 2-3 minutes(I think 3 min is enough to play one turn without turn redoing) you can call it solo-blitz or whatever and require both player to be active inorder to start this match so that there can be more fast paced game for new player that expect to see active match.
General Discussion » List of FAIR and UNFAIR rated maps - Please post!! » Go to message
I like this topic, I wish this will quickly remove all unfair map from random pool

Please check map "capturing the strom" in KvT when Titan get first turn they can mass teleport and block underling from capture their neutral for many turn this probably give titan too high resource advantage IMO (I dunno if there's anyway for K to counter this tactic though)

also someone please advice me how to play titan on "The great wall" , I know I can defen everything flying with eclipse and walker but it's very hard to go offensive with only light units teleport especially when opponent mass tank on defense.

there's much more but i cant remember them all for now.
General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes applied on 2015-11-25 » Go to message
I argree with legia, this kind of events is unfair especially in ranked and tournament game.in addition I think the new balance which make player need to be more depends on luck is not sound like a deep strategy game for me at all.
General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes » Go to message
I argree, the change should be as minor as possible to not ruin the beauty of the gameplay.

IMO: you should sort out the unbalanced map out from ranked map pool first this may sounds hard but may be the easiest way to balancing this game with very little change and little coding needed ,even average player like me see that some maps is highly unbalanced or broken , I remember randomed the map named the Great wall as titan against khar and lose miserably because the map highly unflavor for tank battle (this map may be good if its svs or kvk or svk and there's many maps that not balance at all in random game still present

and another thing that I want to suggest as a player is improve the imba random like i saw in legia's post on the "balance suggestion" in "New feature request forum" you will see 4hp marine hit 2 damage to 7hp marine while 7 hp marine deal only 1 damage as he said no gang up and screenshot clearly show that both marine is on same terrain i think random is ok but this is way too much luck dependent for a strategy game

thanks for reading, best regards.
New Feature Request » Balance suggestions » Go to message
Suggest for removing randomness because most of the time randomness of dice make you unable to predict what you should do in next turn or what opponent can do in next turn because the damage is not only depend on the unit's stats but also depend on luck which is not suite for the strategy game.

My suggestion is increase hp,attack,repair,gankups of all units by 10x (so that unit's max hp will become 100 repair become 10 but damage have a range from 0-100 to compatible with more acculate damage calculation)

And for more acculate damage calculations battle damage must have more acculate scale (like in advance war which damage calculated as percent) and when unit are dealing damage you just use old algolithm of damage calculation but instead of deal random damage from the chart , use mean damage in the chart instead
eg.: Marine attack : 50%deal0dmg,20%deal1dmg,30%deal2dmg
the mean damage can calculate from
(0.5*0)+(0.2*1)+(0.3*2) = 0.8 damage
but in my new system unit attack increase 10x
so marine will deal 8 damage(this is low because max hp is now 100)

pros of this system is
-you can predict you action more acculately
-unit which deal 0 damge will deal 1-9 damage instead so this will effect the gameplay for sure
for example now you can use maruader to harass plasma tank (which cant do in 10 hp format because damage lower than 1 is 0 so maruader will nearly useless against plasma even with gankup) or use speeder,eclipse harass pinzer and swarmer will be more effective against copter
-this wont nerf tanky unit because they also can escape with hp lower than 10

cons
-only cons i can think is : this system will make this game less depent on lucky dice, reduce randomness of the game

i am not good at statistics techinal language so if there's something you dont understand in this system you can ask me
Forum Index Profile for guinwza »» Messages posted by guinwza