[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Shadowntr
Forum Index Profile for Shadowntr »» Messages posted by Shadowntr
New Feature Request » New ways to get or earn Uni-coins » Go to message
Xavi,
So are us older players left out in the cold, and the new players get all the perks? Or do you plan some kind of bonus coins for those who first bought the game with cash?

Shadowntr
New Feature Request » New ways to get or earn Uni-coins » Go to message
Xavi,
Will us old players be given coins retroactivly? Especially for the campain? Probably for some vetrins th sheer amount of milestones and played/won games they have would net them crazy and not realisitc amounts of coins. In that case, Would you simply just provide the new units to them instead of the coins?

Shadowntr
Tournaments » Duaneski Invitational » Go to message
Shadowntr Application

I would like to join the tournament just for the fun of it. It has been a summer since I last played and I am very rusty.
My skills in uniwar are described by my 1920 score.
My weaknesses are described by my 1920 score.

The good reason for why you should pick me is that I will find you and teach you about physics if you do not. Trust me, you do not want that.

What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.40 available on GooglePlay & Amazon, soon on Apple Store » Go to message
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.40 available on GooglePlay & Amazon, soon on Apple Store » Go to message
Is there any way to view what flags each flag pack comes with?
General Discussion » Uniwar Accessories » Go to message
Must more elaborate planning that what I suggusted, but you are right. That is the route accessories need to take for uniwar to have this type of a deal.
General Discussion » Uniwar Accessories » Go to message
Hello,

Dragon recently proposed a collaboration on the forums to try and bring about the possiblity of official uniwar apparel and acessories.

I am no skilled artist, but here is an attempt of mine from custom inks t-shirt designer.

http://www.customink.com/lab?cid=gjg0-00aj-p4rk&YI=true&pc=HL-142344&utm_campaign=hotlink_201601&utm_source=hotlink&utm_medium=email&utm_content=viewlink&cm_mmc=hotlink-_-5-_-Body_txt-_-viewlink
General Discussion » only paid undo will work soon » Go to message
Why not leave undos as they are and look into other revenue streams?
General Discussion » Turn undo removal alternative. » Go to message
Xavi,

Please do not remove the free undo feature from uniwar. I will not go into specific arguements for my position as Volf and others have all said it before and my route repetition of them will help nothing.
What I do have to say, however, is this will be a huge mistake. Unless I am mistaken, you are removing free undo because you believe you have no choice and must either do this to make revinue or uniwar dies. (As you explained in the email concerning ended game slots).

With respect, this ultimatum is utter falsehood. While I do not dispute that uniwar is in desprite need of income to continue its development and support you and the developers, the way you are going about it is not a wise choice.
In a strategy game like uniwar which aims to not be a "pay to win" game, you must cause players to constantly buy add ons to the game to make money, instead of forcing them to buy basic game essentials.
What I mean by this is that actions like reducing the number of ended game slots to almost nothing and eliminating free turn redo severly hampers the ability of a person to play the game without paying money to succeed and are counter to what the ideals of a strategy game needs to be. A major reason you are being preaasured by monitary concerns into believing that a number of these essentials need to be changed is because uniwar does not have a sustainable business model.

In the current buisiness model, the sale of game slots, archieve slots, and convience turn undos provides income for uniwar. The problem with these current accessories is that they are (for the most part) only one time purchases. You buy a game slot, and you have it for the rest of the time you play uniwar. This is not conductive to business.

You need to develop a subscription business plan to stabelize income for uniwar. The subscription would not have to be very much, perhaps 5 dollars a month, and would provide a great deal for its members.
Perks like a subscription only banner for usernames in chat (Similar in design to the one used by moderators), access to special flags, choosing the color of your units before a match, chatting with other players before the match starts, sending pms to other players outside of games, an elite member only chatroom, special tournements, and priority ranking in the random match finder program would all be great perks. To further entice people to buy the subscription, you could include the fact that every month you buy a subscription, you gain three .
General Discussion » Application for team _____Ski ! YOU could be _____!! » Go to message
I have absolutely no interest in joining your team as I already have one, but Just fot fun here is my application. What is my score?
10 questions, 10 right answers 10 wrong answers. You will be given a base % according to how many questions you answer correctly, plus bonus % for any closing arguments, plus or minus % for style and flair.

Please, try not to suck.

1. Puppies or kittens. Cows

2. Earth or Talone. or

3. Square root of 30. God help me if you cheat. Pencil and paper is fine but I will kill a dolphin for each one of you that uses a calculator. The Square root of 30 is aproximentally 5.46666666666666666666666666666666666.

4. Favorite Uniwar map. ScrambleMANIA

5. Favorite Uniwar race. The Uniwar Indy500 of 2023 was absolutely spectacular. Legia and Simsverd flew accross the track until Legia flipped his drag racer and broke his axel. The race went down in history as the one which created the giant Red streak . . across the asphalt the janitorial staff never got out.

6. Favorite color. Royal blue

7. Favorite food. Sharp Pinnicomming Chese

8. Colossals? Yay or nay? I liked the colossus of Rhodes a lot, it was a masterpiece of engineering and was fun to watch fall. Yay for earthquakes!

9. Best TV show ever? Leverage.

10. Make your own question. Did you notice I skipped number 7?

And please provide your closing argument below

your closing statement below.
Bug Reports » What's new in version 1.8.53 » Go to message
What version of Amazon kindle does this translate to? I have a first Generation Amazon Kindle Fire. will this now be unsupported?
New Feature Request » Tournament Damage Formula Suggustion. » Go to message
Subset two is then calculated during the opponents turn and the total points from Subset 2 are subtracted from the total of points from Subset 1.

Subset two is simply the damage formula in subset 1 repeated again. [(Unit cost/10)*Damage taken in opponent turn] + [X2] + [X3] + [...]]

So, in the end, the final formula would look like this.

{[[(Price of unit/10)*Number of HP the unit was damaged] + [X2] +[X3]+[...]+[(Price of unit/10)*number of HP healed] + [H2] + [H3] + [...] + [(Base credit income for match) * number of bases owned at beginning of turn]] - [(Unit cost/10)*Damage taken in opponent turn] + [X2] + [X3] + [...]]}

Each player would have one of these calculations going at the same time for them. So each person would have thier own unique sets and subsets. The person at the end of the match with the most points from thier own calculation wins the tournament match.

Keep in mind this formula is far from perfect. And if implemented will definitely need a lot of work to tweek it into something usable. If you have any suggestions. Please throw them out there.
New Feature Request » Tournament Damage Formula Suggustion. » Go to message
Hello,

last June I was listening in global chat to a few high ranking players (Talone, Earth, ect.) argue and complain that the current method of determining winners in unfinished tournament games is unfair. While I do not fully grasp the current method for determining winners, ( I have simply not made it a concern of mine to study the rules) I have gathered that the biggest complaint people make concerning the current system is that tournament contestants can easily manipulate the match timer to win an otherwise unfavorable game. Then a question occured to me. If Uniwar decides damage outcome and rated point allotment via mathematical formulas, would not determining match winners be a good idea as well? I realize I am far from being a high ranking player (my score is in the mid 1900s). And that therefore my ideas are very likely subject to balance errors. But my reasoning on how the formula might work is as follows.

Each turn set (A set starts at the beginning of a player's turn and ends at the start of his next turn, so a set includes the opponent's turn as well) is split into two parts. The players turn, and the opponents turn.
I will refer to these as Subset 1 ( Player's turn) and Subset 2 (opponent's turn).

In Subset 1 a player is awarded points for every amount of damage done to each individual enemy unit. This is done by the equation [(Price of unit/10) * number of HP the unit was damaged]. The damage equation is repeated for each attack a player makes on his opponent. The first time the damageequation is calculated in a turn it will be referred to as X1, the second time it will be referred to as X2, and so on.
In Subset 1 a player gains points gains points for units healed as well via a simlar equation to the damage equation. [(Price of unit/10)*number of HP healed]. This equation is repeated for each unit that is healed in Subset 1. The first time this equation is calculated in a turn it will be referred to as H1, the second time it will be referred to as H2, and so on.
Finally, in Subset 1 a player is awarded points for every base he possess at the start of his turn. These points are determined this way: [(Base credit income for match) * number of bases owned]
To summarize Point income in Subset 1. The Total formula would look like this:

{[(Price of unit/10)*Number of HP the unit was damaged] + [X2] +[X3]+[...]+[(Price of unit/10)*number of HP healed] + [H2] + [H3] + [...] + [(Base credit income for match) * # of owned bases]
New Feature Request » New Emoticon Submitions » Go to message
  xavi wrote:I confirm that we will add all these requested emoticons just after the New Year.

Very cool Xavi! Thank you!
General Discussion » Report card for earth. » Go to message
Yep!! Getting shoes is so tragic.
Forum Index Profile for Shadowntr »» Messages posted by Shadowntr