You read correctly ladies and gentlemen!!! Clans now exist!! The best avenue we have found to host this is in discord. The link is right here: https://discord.gg/HVuqxT3
Please note that only the leader has to be on discord, however, we encourage clans to create their own discord server to send pictures but any other similar mode works (hangouts, kik, etc...)
Below is how it works, the rules, the rundown, the jist, you name it you should find it below!!
Summary: Clans have been long awaited and are now here! The clans choose their teams to battle in 5 matches chosen from several exciting modes. There are two seasons where clans can battle each other to reserve their spot in the annals of Uniwar history! The leaderboards will be combined for both seasons. The challenge season will consist of clans challenging each other to a battle while the war season is a tournament style draw. Discord will be where the main hub for the clans for organizing purposes. Leaderboards and records can be found there.
1. Anyone may create a clan. In the future, a video will be made instructing players on how best to set up a discord server for their clan to ensure privacy.
2. Members are not required to have Discord but the leaders must be in the Clan Leader Channel in Discord.
3. Clans will not be placed on the official roster until the 5 member requisite has been met.
4. The clan name or avatar may not be offensive or explicit.
5. The clan moderators reserve the right to ban anybody or any clan from the league.
1. Clan participation may only consist of 5-8 members.
I. If a clanmate opts not to participate in a particular clan war, the clan must still have 5 eligible members to participate
II. All members who wish to participate in the war must be allowed to play at least 1 game
III. Clans will not be added to the official roster until the 5 member requirement has been met but are welcome to advertise in the recruiting channel on the discord server
2. The maximum amount of games a single player from each clan can participate in, is 3.
3. The clan leader must join the clan leader and record channel on the main discord channel for the clan to be considered official.
4. Players may only be members of one clan. Any player (including alts) found participating in more than one clan will be banned from the league.
5. Players may change clans but not during a match. All such changes must be reported to a moderator.
6. The war and off season will share the same leaderboard.
1. One point is awarded to the winner of a challenge during the challenge season.
2. 2 points are awarded per match during war season with consolation winners receiving 4 and main draw winners receiving 6.
3. Name the unranked game with the title of your clan war: (ex: Clan X vs Clan Y)
4. All matches are to be played with a time limit of 24 hours only
5. Each clan must record screenshots of their wins and losses. ONCE, and not before, a clan reaches 3 wins, they report all three screenshots in the official clan record channel by the clan leader. The score will then be recorded.
6. All grievances or errors may be addressed in the clan grievance channel.
7. Matches must be started within 24 hours of match assignments being posted.
8. Skipping is allowed but courteousness and patience is highly encouraged. No complaining about skipping will be tolerated.
1. Challenges may be made on Tuesdays with matches starting on Wednesday.
2. A challenge may be rejected during off season.
3. No challenges are allowed the week before or during war season as all moderator attention will be on the war season matches. Challenge season matches which are still ongoing may be completed.
4. A required match will be a 3v3 Sabotage (subject to change) on the single map used for this purpose in clan wars.
5. The battle modes are to be chosen in a draft where the challenging clan leader picks the first two modes and is player/team 1 in those games. The defending team leader picks two different modes and will be player/team 1 in those matches. The required match invite will be sent by the team who wins the coin flip. A list of modes may be found in the maps and modes section below.
6. The clan leader must make a list of the members playing in each match in the clan leader chat. Example shown below.
1. Clans must register for the clan war season by the deadline to allow for draw creation.
2. The Draw will be randomly chosen
3. The Maps and modes will be randomly chosen but the matches/modes selected will be the same for all clan wars.
4. Losers in the first round are not out of luck! All first round losers will be placed in a consolation draw.
5. Winners of the main draw will receive 6 points while consolation winners will receive 4 points.
Maps and Modes
IV. 3v3 assassination (kill a specified enemy PLAYER chosen at random)
V. 2v2 assassination (kill a specified enemy PLAYER chosen at random)
VI. 3v3 Sabotage (kill a specified enemy UNIT, unit specified in map)
VII. 2v2 Sabotage (kill a specified enemy UNIT, unit specified in map)
VIII. 1v1 Sabotage (kill a specified enemy UNIT, unit specified in map)
The maps will be chosen at random by a clan moderator from the following maps:
• Point peele v2: [link://1,59980,Habits,0,0]
• Amphibian City Tourney: [link://1,50151,Amphibian City Tourney,1,0]
• Habits: [link://1,59980,Habits,0,0]
• Fountain Of Youth: [link://1,6591,Fountain Of Youth,4,0]
• Sand of death3: [link://1,30700,Sand of death3,0,0]
• Xavi’s Homeland: [link://1,51361,Xavi’s Homeland,4,0]
• Realm: [link://1,32371,Realm,0,0]
• The Hexagon: [link://1,51544,The Hexagon,4,0]
• Requiem of War: [link://1,22632,Requiem of War,0,0]
• Chilly night out: [link://1,61294,Chilly night out,1,4]
• Sabotage – Forest Spring [3v3]: [link://1,60866,Sabotage – Forrest Spring [3v3,0,6]
Looking forward to hear your plans for future development.
Titans getting mowed down. Alright so the accusation against the boosted khraleans is that they would mow titans down. Lets examine this. Khraleans will still be weak in the beginning. Titan now has good range units of speeders and mantisse. As well as good anti aerial units like guardian and eclipse as well as mecha on good terrain. Also guardian destroys pinzer. Giving khralean a boost around mid game will not make khral slaughter titan as titan has every advantage on most maps. Only a few small maps where borfly is effective is this not the case. I feel like boosting khralean with plague can give khral at least a fighting chance. Or at least make them a threat if allowed to swarm and build up a massive army. Making them dangerous at some point is far better than laving them extremely weak to both races.
Boosting Khraleans by adding to their stats could over power them. However, by introducing a boost via the plague would make it a tactical buff which would be a great balancing effect.
Always loved small maps that are balanced. Very hard to pull off. #9 has my vote. Looks solid especially with harbor placements. Great job to all participants! Well done.
Maybe you can give Khraleans a new special ability to help them cope with weaker units. Allow the plague to affect Khral units in a positive way. If an infector or salamander ignite plague, all K units within range get improves stats of some sort. I think it would add more strategy to khral. Possibly make it based on time as well. The improved stats only last 2 turns or something like that.
Instead of breaking it into 2 games, why dont we just introduce a classic leaderboard where all new units are locked? I do not know if this is even possible to implement but I would probably pay to have access to this leaderboard. However, that's a lot of leaderboards if you open them up for teams as well. Possibly an ad system could be implemented for these games as well with a pay to remove? Just a thought from Volf
I vote skimmer as well. Looks great!!
that last little bit but that can be discussed and such. World of tanks operates in this fashion. Perhaps this could be implemented? Your ranked games rank would transform to a rank within your league possibly? Example: you are a master sergeant and you have 500 experience. Of all master sergeants you are ranked number 5. Something could be feasible I think. The problem with this model is it is a total makeover of the rank system. Its better than the 1st as it allows players to play players with the same units. Other possible problems remain balance as each new level of units still needs to be balanced (however since the goal is to create a grind scenario this could even be overlooked). It favors players who play more games.
I do not know how teams would look. Maybe teams have levels and ranks too? Or just open all units for team games.
All units should be available in tournaments. This gives players a taste of how exciting it is at the top.
These ideas, if implemented, should hook newer players by giving them a short term goal. It wont make people feel like they have no chance against players with better units. Or at least they have a chance once they get that unit themselves.
Please let me know your thoughts about this post
I have a possible solution but it would definitely bring a lot of changes to uniwar. The solution involves ranks/levels. Each new level unlocks a few new units. You can either grind them or buy them. If you have these new units you will (theoretically) beat players who dont allowing you to progress to next level unlocking more units for purchase when reached to new level.
The greatest thing about uniwar is the community. The latest and newest business model has welcomed many new players to uniwar. I think this is great and hope it continues. However, with all the new units and ads and iaps I am thinking that many new players just trying this game at will roll their eyes and delete the apps. Thus, giving them a short term goal to work for seems like it could work. Look at other successful games that use this short term goal/long time grind approach: Clash of Clans, World of Tanks/Warships. These games offer a grind that you can speed up with in app purchases.
1. New players start at 1300. No new units. New units unlocked at 1500 1 per race. Every score increases by 150 unlocks new units for purchase. with 18 new units all units would be unlocked at a score of 2250. Even now, you are not usually considered a master of the game until at or even above this score. The problems with this model is that it could bring a lot of balance issues into play. However, if this issue could be resolved, this model certainly has promise.
2. This is an idea directly from world of tanks. This game is free to play but you have to grind to get to the next tank by gaining experience in your previous tank. Experience is gained by playing battles. More experience is gained by winning however you still gain some by merely showing up to the battlefield. How can this be implemented to uniwar? Lets say you toss the current rank system and introduce a totally new system. For example a new player at a score of 1650 would have a rank of private first class while a legendary player like unikz (what's his new name???) would be a 5 star general. Surely somebody can come up with a better naming system but you get the idea. In order to get to the next level, you have to obtain so much experience. Each new level unlocks new units which EVERY player with that rank has access to. To get to that next level quicker you could pay a fee for a premium account which supplies you with 2x the amount of experience per battle or perhaps buy access to new levels? I am not sure about
I would possibly pay for a time bank. One time affects all my games. Not a buy every time I want extra time. And time bank could be used in tournaments possibly
I think I have a minor but annoying bug. The colors in team games have been shifted. Current tournament on sherrif's desert has white as player 6 in one game and player 5 in another. This can play a role when trying to determine where opponents races are in fow. I go to map see where colors are then look at opponents races and colors and can now determine if the K player is North or South just as an example.
Dang you work fast! Those are great! I think I like the top right the best. Great job maybe scale the wolf down just a smidge... Ik Im picky. Just a smidge then perfect
I am going to buy a flag pack. However, I would like to preview what I am going to buy. Forgive me if this is somewhere and Im just not seeing. Super pumped for these flags thanks xavi!! Good job keep up the good work!