[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Gwalcmai
Forum Index Profile for Gwalcmai »» Messages posted by Gwalcmai
New Feature Request » Ally healers share benefit in team games » Go to message
  TheDragon wrote:
  Gwalcmai wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:
  amidama wrote:Dead topic mainly. someone says the same as topic starter proposed, everyone agrees, story repeats few months later, devs dont pay attention.

Is it on the Google doc?

I'll plead ignorance, what Google doc?

Sticky thread in bug section. For posting bugs/new ideas to Xavi.

I have added it to the Google doc. I am not sure if comment quantity matters, but constructive feedback is generally a good thing. Please check out the ides being generated here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZDEfoeo0LdsEjJGxElgTTOfH49n4eWK888hVIsY_OW4/edit?usp=drive_web
  Duaneski wrote:
  amidama wrote:Dead topic mainly. someone says the same as topic starter proposed, everyone agrees, story repeats few months later, devs dont pay attention.

Is it on the Google doc?

I'll plead ignorance, what Google doc?
  TheDragon wrote:mainly because it's an eternal reoccuring topic on the chats

I don't pay much attention to the chats. Do most people lean on a specific side or os it a back and forth or a dead topic or something devs are considering?

I think it would bring an interesting dynamic to team games.

I'm pretty surprised there isn't more people chiming in on this one way or another. Huh, I would have thought it would be at least discussed a bit.
I searched for this before posting, so if this has been discussed before (I can't help but think it's been brought up before) please excuse me.

I think it would be an interesting dynamic to add the ability of teammates healers to grant the same benefit to all same race team members. This would create a benefit offset for playing the same race as teammates rather than having attributes of two races. This would work the same for all "converted" troops (meaning an infected marine could be healed now by a khral teammate's infector in addition to your infector). This also balances the fact that offensive penalties of the healers affect teammates, so why not the defensive benefits.

I had initially thought it shouldn't matter what race your teammate was, but I think that could lead to some much more complication and potential "brokenness".
General Discussion » Changing team captain » Go to message
Is there anyway to change the team captain? For instance in a 2 person team can player b be team captain instead of player a?

I apologize if this should be posted elsewhere. Sometimes tough knowing where to post some topics.
Bug Reports » Cannot attack unit in fog of war » Go to message
I am not sure if this is just me or if others are experiencing this issue but here goes. When I move a unit (usually an underling I think) at the edge of their movement it can be adjacent to fog. When I end my movement it reveals the new visibility and suddenly there is an enemy in the adjacent hex and there is no way to go back and attack them instead of just ending the movement.

I am not sure if this is a unit visibility issue or a glitch with fog or even a known and planned issue due to other issues it fixes.

General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes applied on 2015-11-25 » Go to message
A few thoughts after having played more than a couple games.

1. Something needs to be done about swarmer, which it sounds like devs and others agree. I like the idea of extra GL instead of restoring GH as that puts them more in line with speeder and marauder although they areally much weaker now against both of those directly. I do think it needs its defense back. The eclipse almost one shots the swarmer with minimal damage taken. Anyway, the extra GL and defense restored will keep an individual flavor rather than making cookie cutter units (at least worth trying out).

2. The wyrm GH decrease is concerning but I need to play more. I think it definitely needs the anti-air if we aren't going to restorend the GH.

3. The battery changes are too much, imo. The increase of 2-4 range I think needs changed back to 3-4. The mobility increase is good for it to bounce out, but one or the other, not both.

4. The tank upgrade to defense was okay. I think a 1 in AA would be worth looking into, but if it was, definitely drop marine AA by 1 too.

5. The pinzer AA increase was good. I don't know if I would increase it to 3 without a bit more tweaking of the other units first.

6. I still think leviathan is practically useless unless able to build an armada before attacking FIRST.

7. The Garuda GH increase seems to be okay and makes it an okay unit vs Titan now whereas before it would be harder to justify using. Especially combined with the AA decrease of the plasma tank.

8. The marauder GL decrease was good too. Being able to one shot an assimulator or infector was too much.

9. I agree with others about the randomness throwing a kink in the chess like strategy. I even complain to my friend frequently about how much I hate it sometimes. I have thought about it a lot though, and I would not like to eliminate it altogether. I don't know the formulas so if there is ability to make the impact SLIGHTLY smaller, go ahead, but if not please leave alone.

10. [Removed so I wouldn't sidehack this thread in any way]

Thanks all you guys do and the hard work not only the devs and their helpers put into the game, but also those who are solid players that I have enjoyed playing with.

General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes » Go to message
Two comments about the changes, well actually three.

1. Thank you to all who work to make this game fun for countless hours. You all rock! Its a tough job figuring out changes to make and an even tougher one to propose those and deal with people like me who are concerned with some of the pending changes.

2. KvT. In my opinion (and I am by no means a great player so take this with that in mind, lol), air gets pretty useless against titans and by dropping the price of the eclipse, that makes it even more so. So krahls are left with underlings, pinzers, and wyrms, but the changes have just hurt wyrms capability against the heavies (not just the plasma tanks people are talking about, but the speeders, eclipses, and walkers as well). This to me seems to put to much in favor of the titans in the KvT. I know there are a lot of players who play krahls and it can get frustrating for those titans, but the combination of these changes seem to flip the frustration from one race to another instead of bringing balance to them both.

3. KvAll. In a water war, the leviathan is fairly useless. Yes it can dominate in numbers, but the other water units decimate when usually getting first hit (due to range and maneuverability) without a shot being able to be returned. If range could be increased or movement that would be something. If both of those things are impossible as is, it would be better, IMO, to increase the price to the point that they are possible.
Guides & Tips » Teams » Go to message
  Bigface11 wrote:First off, I'm curious how far along the ranked team random games are along? I'm really looking forward to setting up ranked games with my teams! No problem if you don't know, just curious.

--Bigface

I was just wondering about this today. I checked out the forums and couldn't find any responses about it so I thought it best to post it here (since Xavi said this is the place for discussion on the team feature). Any update? Btw, really excited about this feature and appreciate the fun you guys have provided and continue to to provide.
New Feature Request » UPDATE - New units ! » Go to message
  xavi wrote:Here is one of the concept art for a new Titan unit.

Is it just me or is that an intentional homage to Austin Powers? "Sharks with frickin lasers on their heads!"
Forum Index Profile for Gwalcmai »» Messages posted by Gwalcmai