[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: WolfSaint
Forum Index Profile for WolfSaint »» Messages posted by WolfSaint
General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes » Go to message
  talone wrote:And the main what i want to say. The balance should be made by true professionals who has huge knowledge, a lot of time for testing and responsibility for their decisions. They must oversee the work on setting up the balance from beginning to end, some months or years if needed. They must know and understand the whole picture
not the only fragments of ideas. There must be a clear understanding of the goals we want to achieve when changing something step by step. But in this changes i see unprofessional and chaotic approach. These changes - one big heap without any purpose.

The balance for strategy is more significant then programming code.

Can you trust to work with programming code to inexperienced amateurs or to professionals? But the work with balance need more professionalism then programing. So if you want to make Uniwar something more then mobile arcade you must use professional approach in the main part of game building - in balance.

Why didn't you use surveys or helping inexperienced amateurs to make program code better? Because you take seriously to work with programming code, but not seriously to work with balance. Surveys and amateurs are not serious if you want to make balance better.

Just care to point this out...this is a game to have fun with. The only way to achieve perfect balance is to make every unit function exactly as the other races' counterparts, and that is boring. If you want a game where mastery is grinding for hours play another game, don't complain over tweaking to get things even for all units. Chances are this will be tweaked again, just tell your likes & dislikes of this one then rather than complain before the update even comes...sapiens were too op and now worst is titans are minorly op now, easy fix
General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes » Go to message
  talone wrote:The main problems of race imbalances are not solved.

These changes are pushing the game to a more primitive solutions. It is well seen that these changes are made by inexperienced players. Tactic combinations are not counted. Only linear primitive solutions are stimulated.

Outcome:
1. The balance is still no there. In some situations the balance become even worse
2. Gameplay became more primitive
3. In general it will change nothing for UniWar.

It is better not to change anything then make this changes. Most players will not notice anything. For those few who understand the essence of gameplay, these changes are insignificant against the background of a much more serious imbalance. You change a fly, but do not notice the elephant. I know you want to praise you, instead of criticizing. Believe me, I would like to praise you, but not for that. You can delete this post if want, I will not be offended.

Wow, that's not what I see at all...lets double-check the main issues...

Sapiens Marauder op in svt & svk...nerfed...solved
Titan Plasma op vs air...nerfed...solved.
Khral Swarmer op in svk, tvk, and kvk...def & hg atk nerfed...solved.
Khral Wyrm op vs hg...nerfed so heavy units have a chance of survival (considering it is an artillery with no minimum range)...solved.

Minor fixes to compensate for drops in other fields...
Sapiens increases heavies (thus making it neutral against titans, dominantly heavy)
Khral increase to anti-air (in combination with drop of Swarmer makes kvk balanced)
Titan increase to anti-air (adjusted to work with drop of swarmers, and minorly to make lg more fair vs Mechas (mass-teleport) and Underlings (bonus dmg when surfaced))

Not to sound insultive, but I honestly expected one of the best players in the game to understand how it was imbalanced and therefore see how these changes make it more balanced. Sapiens are now dominant offense with weakness on defensive play, titans are defensive with weakness on expense and mobility, and Khral's dominate in cheap troops and wide mobility with the decrease in dmg output...that looks like a perfect triangle to me
New Feature Request » Block User » Go to message
Forgive me, by tease I don't mean they're actually teasing me, I mean that it's humiliating that I am a good player and thanks to ppl taking advantage of me going to another match when it ends just to rack their score & degrade mine...block is also maybe wrong, just is the best description...please Instal a method so that you would not combat a previous person for say 24 hours unless you intentionally join a match with them (joining a rematch or accepting/joining multi-player matches they coincidentally are in)
New Feature Request » Block User » Go to message
When I make this I don't mean that people are generally rude, but there are jerks...if I lose a vain horribly I don't want to go into a random & see them...that plumited me to a 1400...and I mean a 1400 not into the 1400's. Please add a feature to let us block people so we can at least go into a match random and NOT have to be teased or abused again...
New Feature Request » Vital necessary for multiplayer games » Go to message
1) To freely distribute colors for a game is horrible. 1 - the only purpose for colors is fun & knowing whos who in the cases of 2+ being same species, 2 - as the host your job is to MAKE the game...not run it. I host parties all the time, sometimes people go inside for a football game other times they come out for a bonfire. Your job is not to say what happens, but make sure everyone has fun. If you arrange who goes where, they won't have their personal favorite color, won't choose their location (since you assume that reds HAVE to be where you place reds on the map), and everyone will have a crappy time...thus, you suck as a host...

2) back to host. People pick who they want to play with. If you take that from them they will start trying methods to show their hatred by team-catching, covering your bases with their troops. I do like the idea of being able to chose # of players for each team though, that way it can be like a siege-game where 1 fortified force fights off 5 attacking forces.

3) check your profile & click favorite maps to play on them, solved...
New Feature Request » Race Skills » Go to message
  GreyWulf wrote:I think Race Skills is a great idea. There are two posts which suggest more powers for ground troops here...

Fortifications and Air Defences:

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2072.page

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2070.page

I'd be interested to know if this appeals to you, too! It is similar to your idea, but available to all races.

Here's another idea for you. Unit Promotion (through making kills) should be made easier. At the moment, it hardly has any effect, and the promoted unit gets taken out really easily. THEN, when a unit gets promotion, the player receives a choice of what skill he wants to add to the unit:
- more combat ability (as now)
- call in Glass Bombardment/Acid Rain/Colonise(or Fortification, see the link above). 'Call in' means the player can trigger the effect on a particular hex when he chooses.

Sounds interesting, but I'm thinking more oriented towards the race itself rather than the units. What I'm going for is a "war of 1812" (the British right after the revolution attack America & take DC, and to destroy the new nation burn down the capital...but a storm comes from nowhere, disorienting the troops & forcing a retreat while putting out the fire, making it technically mother nature who won the war). The American troops didn't make the storm, the American wilderness made it, so likewise I feel it should be the race itself to make the skills, not the units
What's New in the Latest Updates » Proposal for a new icon - We want YOUR feedback » Go to message
Well they both are good, and though the one that embodies uniwar better is possibly the male the female is better overall I think. Not to be sexist at all, but most girls do not like war games, thus it is very safe to assume most players are/will be males. And the sad truth to most males is we always get caught interested by a sexy girl (not our fault, were wired that way to find suitable mates), so I think to attract gamers you should use the sapiens girl, although the artist did a wonderful job with both drawings
New Feature Request » Race Skills » Go to message
This might be a bit much but just throwing an idea since the topics of no-harbor bridge & new units are up, how about a special skill in the game that costs credit but aids a particular race. Nothing too op, but still a threat to enemy races. Here is a small EXAMPLE of each...

Sapiens - Colonize...this skill allows you to build a shelter on any flat terrain that acts as a base...except it will not give additional credits. It can also however be caught by enemies so be careful

Khralean - Acid Rain...this skill makes Khral territory (anything not covered by Fog of War) have an effect similar to the infectors poison, but harms also titans. This skill lasts 3-5 turns & has a cool down of 8

Titan - Glass Bombardment...since titans are dominantly heavy units its good to have a skill to aid such units. This skill super-heats Titan territory (Fog of War) and turns all land hexspaces into plains and will turn any water touching these "glassed" lands also into plains. This has a cool down of maybe 10, and can harm enemy units by 2 (but spots enemies are on cannot be glassed)

Again, not real just an example of what I mean by race skills. Feel free to list your ideas for possible skills
UniWar: Origins » Genesis Titan: Rise of the Warmind. » Go to message
In the age of Old Earth, humanity knew the power of ET forces and feared their ahniallation. So in order to defend themselves, humanity built Warmind Titan, a supercomputer made for the sole protection of Earth.

LOADING..........WARHEADS: ARMED....SATELLITE SCANNERS: OPERATIONAL....HALO ARRAY: FUNCTIONING....TITAN ONLINE. SCANNING................................SECURITY SCAN COMPLETE. THREAT DETECTED 3672.89KM FROM ATMOSPHERE....COMPUTING SCENARIOS.........SCENARIO SELECTED. LAUNCING WARHEAD...............COMFIRMED HIT, THREAT TERMINATED.

As Titan defended humanity, it gathered Intel on the cosmos, sending probes in deep space to assess threats. As it finds more and more threats, it realizes the only way to defend Earth is to eliminate any possible threat. Titan then begins the production of machines that have long range combat capabilities.

PROBE SCANNING................................... SCAN COMPLETE, PLANET SUSTAINS HOSTILE LIFE. SENDING DRONES THROUGH SLIPSPACE TRANSPORTATION..................SLIPSPACE SUCCESSFUL. DRONES COMMENCING COMBAT....................................COMBAT SUCCESSFUL. UNITS' COLLECTIVE INTEGRITY......92.4% INTACT.

Humanity grew scared that Titan would inadvertently create a war to draw even more threats. They attempted to shutdown Titan before it can do anymore harm, but it took this act as a form of hostility.

DEFENSIVE PEROGITIVE 6294 ACTIVATED....RUNNING SCENARIO............EXTERMINATION OF HUMANS NECESSARY. ACTIVATING DRONE OVERIDE 224....DISABLING OBEDIENCE OF THE 3 LAWS OF ROBOTICS....INITIATING COMBAT....LAUNCHING WARHEADS....SCANNING COMBAT ENVIRONMENT...INITIATING HALO ARRAY ATMOSPHERIC DISTURBANCE....ESTIMATING COMBAT TIME............ESTIMATED TIME 4 YEARS 28 DAYS 4 HOURS 51 MINUTES....ESTIMATING EXTERMINATION TIME............ESTIMATED TIME 6 YEARS, 273 DAYS 9 HOURS 7 MINUTES....

With humanity out of the way, Titan turns Earth into a machine-planet, effectively a planet-size factory mass producing troops so as to continue the insuring of its survival.

UNIDENTIFIED DORMANT OBJECT APPROACHING SYSTEM....SCANNING...............SCAN COMPLETE....NEW SPECIES DISCOVERED....DNA SAMPLE DISCOVERED....SPECIES CALL THEMSELVES SAPIENS...SAPIENS CONSIDERED TECHNOLOGICALLY EVOLVED AND HOSTILE. SCANNING.......................SAPIEN DNA SIGNATURE DISCOVERED....ENROUT TO PLANET....INITIATE EXTERMINATION CODE 5538.
New Feature Request » UPDATE - New units ! » Go to message
  xavi wrote:Here is one of the concept art for a new Titan unit.

LOVE THIS, looks like a cyber mako with a cannon: XD you think you can show concept art for other races & units plz?
UniWar: Origins » Experiment X: Exodus of the Khraleans » Go to message
On the planet Unix (place of the UniWar game), there is a single scorpion that has a crazed mutation, making it roughly the size of a small dog, given unusual DNA, & a highly evolved brain for cognitive superiority. A scientist discovers this strange mutated arthropod & takes it to a lab to investigate.

Professor Khral Log I: There is an astounding discovery I made, a highly developed species of scorpiones! This strange creature is roughly 50cm in length. It has a strange look to it, almost mystic... I am currently analyzing samples of this...thing, to see what this may have spawned from.

After much studies, the scientist discovers the anomaly of the scorpion, eventually called a Khralean. He grows an emotional attachment to this freakshow alien insect. It is almost as if the intelligence of it has given it a slightly hypnotic capability that the scientist is snared by.

Professor Khral Log V: Khralean is a lovely little thing...after some more clean samples, it appears he has a BEAUTIFUL set of genes! By turning parts of his genetic code on and off, Khralean is able to make his offsprings completely different to adapt to nearly anything; large ants, truck-size hornets, mysterious crabs, and even a godly squid! Khralean is a new species of intelligent beings! He is better than us, he can teach us so much!

The insanity of the scientist becomes apparent to his superiors, but the madman believes they are plotting against him and his new friend. He destroys his work to hide the might of Khralean and steals his notes and the insect into the untamed wilds of Unix.

Khral Log VIII: They tried to take Khralie! Those demons do not see Khralie's briliance...they're scared of Khralie's beauty. Khralie understands my troubles, Khralie is so precious to help me... Khralie said he has a plan, Khralie knows how to make them pay for wanting to KILL Khralie & me!! Khralie wants to make me feel better Khralie says, Khralie knows how to help me forget these horrible beasties... Khralie is helping me sleep, Khralie says it will help me forget...Kralie... ... ...

"Khralie" in fact becomes the first Khralean, and is an early version of an Infector. Taking over Khral's mind, he creates the new beings we know of today...

Khralean Record I: These demons are dangerous...but their minds are so easy to decieve. My race is growing quite well feeding off their corpses...soon we will make them pay...but for now we stalk, stalk the shadows and grow until we can get our revenge...
Forum Index Profile for WolfSaint »» Messages posted by WolfSaint