[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Abie
Forum Index Profile for Abie »» Messages posted by Abie
General Discussion » Skipping players in tournaments » Go to message
Here is my two cents that goes SPECIFICALLY towards solo tournaments.

There are two games. If your opponent says nothing and you want to give your opponent a warning, skip them in only ONE of the two games, not both. Next time they do it, skip them in both.

It's that simple to me.

General Discussion » 4v4 turn order » Go to message
I play these 4v4 games on occasion and I think the turn order is flawed. Currently it works where Team 1s turns are 1, 4, 6, and 7. Team 2 is 2, 3, 5, and 8.

This makes it so players 4 and 5 go alone and not before or after any teammate.

My proposition is change it so Team 1s turns are 1, 4, 5, and 8. Team 2 is 2, 3, 6, and 7.

Therefore two players on one team always go consecutively. Why not allow this or do this change?

I play Warcraft III, in a map called DOTA All Stars. In one of the game modes, players pick heroes in an order of 1, 23, 45, 67, 89, 10. Team one picks first 1, 45, and 89. Team 2 is 23, 67, and 10. And it often makes for a fairer game. This is where I get this idea from.
General Discussion » Tournament Map selection » Go to message
It might be just me, but lately I've noticed that in the upcoming and ongoing tournament's, like TvT, SvS, Monthly Championship, and 2s, that all the maps seem to be much bigger than maps in many past tournaments.

I don't mind a large map here and there, but wouldn't it make more sense, that for the 3 maps selected, that there be at least one small map? I don't mind large maps, but when every map is large it makes a round very tedious and tiresome to play it. I think that there should be a mix of both small and large maps. For Championship May, which just started, I withdrew a couple days before because the maps chosen are too big and tiresome to play. And Championship June appears to also have large maps, so I am considering dropping out of that as well, but I'll see then.

Is it possible that we can get some smaller maps in the mix? The SvS map The Forest was a tedious map for me to play. But I did see why it was a good SvS map. But still there should be a balance like the map Jungle.

--Abie
General Discussion » Is revenge always rated? » Go to message
But how is that clear? Wouldn't the system message override revenge? The map was clearly unrated when I made the request.
General Discussion » Is revenge always rated? » Go to message
Is a revenge game always going to be a rated game assuming that the original was rated?

I played a game and lost. I wanted revenge So I paid the coins for it. However, it appears that the map went to unrated. So I got an admin message saying it was forced to unrated because map was unrated.

However the game menu still shows it as being rated. So I am wondering what it really is.
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.90 Added 3 new amphibious units. » Go to message
I just tried this version. It crashes on startup!! Ugh
General Discussion » New Uniwar Balance Update discussion » Go to message
  japhib wrote:Good thoughts, very interesting, and awesome that you're willing to change your mind. What's the replay? Did you share it?

I have one saved and shared replay now it is named

Replay-643994

This replay is an example of an SvK game in which S won the tricky game.

I also have another replay in which I am going to share however I am still in the game though.

Replay-644332

General Discussion » Fake Administration » Go to message
Don't ban the player? lets talk in game?
General Discussion » Fake Administration » Go to message
I received a message from someone named "Administration" that said:

"Congratulation! You've been preselected to join our team of moderators for the new version soon to be released. There are many advantages in helping our staff monitor the chat rooms as well as a few details that should be discussed prior to accepting this responsibility. If you are interested in this opportunity please contact moderator Simsverd with your inquiry."

I thought this was real and I emailed Simsverd right away asking about it. He said it was spam. Then I looked more into it, and I concluded this was not sent from an administrator. Administrator's send messages from "Admin"
Bad maps - to be voted out of the rated pool! » findx2 » Go to message
I also made a post on this forum about this map.
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.46 available on all AppStores » Go to message
Xavi,
I also am crashing on launch.
When I click on the app on my phone, it automatically closes. I see the Uniwar logo, but thats it.

I am using an iPhone, ios 10.0.2, and the version of Uniwar is 1.9.46.

I am currently in 4 tournament games, the 2nd round of the ongoing TvT tournament, and Championship October 2016.
General Discussion » Uniwar Street Team? » Go to message
  Duaneski wrote:
  Abie wrote:
  Apercent wrote:Nice, but at the same time, I wonder how many people would want to buy a pinzer if they didnt already have fond memories of it? No offense xavi but it isn't very pretty.

Not to bring racism or anything like that to this game, but Are you referring to the Panzer tanks from WW II? I'm not going to say what army had them, and I am not sure if anyone knows the answer to that question.

He's referring to pinzers. The Khral unit

Yes I know. Pinzer is a similar name to a WW II tank called the Panzer tank. But this doesn't sound like racism or anything like that.
General Discussion » Uniwar Street Team? » Go to message
  Apercent wrote:Nice, but at the same time, I wonder how many people would want to buy a pinzer if they didnt already have fond memories of it? No offense xavi but it isn't very pretty.

Not to bring racism or anything like that to this game, but Are you referring to the Panzer tanks from WW II? I'm not going to say what army had them, and I am not sure if anyone knows the answer to that question.
General Discussion » New Uniwar Balance Update discussion » Go to message
We never had any update back in April when the first post was made. But I have a new position on the KvS matchup then I previously had.

In the past I favored improving the matchup in favor of K. However I don't think it is necessary now. I have changed my position from what I posted and said in the past, and I think the matchup is fine. When I win this matchup it's usually because opposing players stick with the same 2-3 units; Garuda, Swarmer, and often an Underling.

I think that a good K player can win this matchup very easily, especially if they know how to use the map to their advantage. The Infector and the Wyrm have to be used With the Underlings in front. Even against helicopters and Marines, K can still win.

I only wish I saved this replay, but there is a game I played on the map "Different Road," the same map that is being used in the Championship August tournament, in which I was S and lost, quite convincingly. When I looked at the game 10 turns in, my opponent had like 3 Wyrms. For me they were nearly impossible to get to with all my mobility. No matter what I did I couldn't get to them. They were blocked by underlings and other units. I don't think I ever saw a Garuda the entire game. As I said a GOOD K player can win this matchup.

I think the reason this matchup challenges a lot of K players is because K has a different early game strategy that can be effective then both the other races have. With both other races they usually go with marauders, Speeders, Copters, Marine, Tank, Plasma. To counter I see K players usually gets the same tiered units. To counter those tier units, they should get Infantry and Artillery.

I see K players get a Wyrm against T all the time on the 3rd move. Why not against some S players when they rush to that helicopter? Block your Wyrm with underlings. K can win this matchup.

If there is a change to K, then I think improve the Swarmer against GH or GL +1.

EDIT: People have said that the Garuda is too squishy against the marine, especially on terrain, which I agree with. However, nobody forces anyone to get a Garuda. I think it is the most useless unit in the game. Maybe give it +1 to defense. Also use the Infector effectively, and u might be able to get rid of the marine problem you face.

I am playing a game now as K in this matchup. I am going to share the replay.
General Discussion » Walker's model » Go to message
Interesting that it is a solar panel! I didn't know that it could work in the winter. Lol
Forum Index Profile for Abie »» Messages posted by Abie