[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Stooper
Forum Index Profile for Stooper »» Messages posted by Stooper
General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes » Go to message
It's nice to see that this many people are so quick to respond to a game that they love so much. My hobby is board gaming, I collect board games, I play test games for publishers, and I even have a few of my own board games currently in development. It is in this experience that I must stress that the changes proposed must be made incrementaly in order to fine tune the change. When you have a game that is this refined already, you do not make changes in large chunks or you will find yourself with a mess. The large chunk changes should only come during early development and I believe this game is way past early development. A few players have mentioned here in this thread that a big problem with this game is imbalanced maps. I agree with this 100%. That being said one of the things that really draws me to this game is the fact that players can design maps and that those maps can become ranked. If only there was a way that once an unranked map had enough votes it instead was put into a "waiting to be checked Que". Then perhaps you could have permission only access to these waiting maps that only the most involved or evolved players can test these maps and approve/deny/or suggest changes to the author. But before any of that is implemented someone really needs to go through the ranked maps and eliminate all the obviously unbalanced maps. Change is good. Development and refinement is good. And Balance is not only good but in my opinion the most important part of gaming. Please heed the warnings and the fears of the players and implement the changes much slower than proposed. Thanks for reading... I love this game
Forum Index Profile for Stooper »» Messages posted by Stooper