[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Shabadoo
Forum Index Profile for Shabadoo »» Messages posted by Shabadoo
Titans » Plasma Tank underpowered? » Go to message
The desert rich maps do hinder the plasmas mobility, an issue already. It only requires a slight change in strategy to a more methodical approach, which can actually enhance the role of the plasma. The openness of the terrain hampers many of the more maneuverable units combat effectiveness. Desert, in particular, gives some units penalties to both attack and defense. The penalty is negligible to the plasmas high defense.
Titans » Teleport » Go to message
I've been able to use it to devastating effect. You have to commit to it, with persistent mass teleport " waves". With the larger artillery crawling up to clean up and provide support in the enemies last desperate gasps. The armor also stalls any attacks the enemy gets thru. I generally only teleport eclipse when the enemy counters with air units. Strategic placement, as always, is paramount in this strategy.
The idea is to keep as much of the fight as possible on the enemy's doorstep. Even if you're driven back you have time to build defenses while the enemy crawls across the map. If you've been able to preserve units thru cooldown teleporting them to a med base or assimilator, healing quickly and back to battle, can earn you a few veteran units.
Titans » Teleport » Go to message
Knowing the vision of the enemy, and identifying hexes he can't see at the moment, is needed to really use teleport offensively. Your mechas can usually go unnoticed while they're offline. I also like to build up a force of mechas with a few eclipses and teleport them enmasse. A few are sacrificed, but the chaos in the enemies area is worth it.
Forum Index Profile for Shabadoo »» Messages posted by Shabadoo