[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Hachiman
Forum Index Profile for Hachiman »» Messages posted by Hachiman
Khraleans » Countering Helicopter » Go to message
Heli's are expensive too, and Garudas and Underlings both make cheap and useful initial/ secondary blockers where you can't afford Pinzers.

Garuda's have the advantage of almost being able to go toe to toe with the heli's too...
New Feature Request » Helo nerf - how do you guys feel about it? » Go to message
heli defense is too strong. 2 garudas can't kill a heli, so i need 2 garudas + 1 swarmer since an underling can't attack aerials.

Hold on a second. I agrree in general, but can we can we hold off with the over stating the case? 2 Garuda murder a Heli, just not in one turn.

Helicopters should be glass cannons

Yes, lots of people agree wth this. Heli's should be a powerful weapon, but a more fragile one. Lowering their defense is the right answer (lots of units still won't be able to hit them anyway). At the moment they are just better than everything else (except EMP spam vs Titans), and its just boring. It lets down an otherwise great game.

On the other hand, I don't think the Battery needs any help. i'm seeing it more and more in games. Screened by Heli's they are pretty powerful vs Khral's

Giving the tank some anti air capability however, would give Sap players further reason NOT to spam Heli's. Which can only be a good thing. Maybe even up their normal attack, if nerfing Heli's weakens Saps too much.

the best strategy is to spam helos until the opponent is overrun by them. And as a Sapiens player, I realized that it takes the inter-unit strategy and battlefield planning right out of the game, reducing UniWar from an intricate chess-like war game to checkers. Why bother studying terrain effects, range of movement, unit combos and different attack stats when I can just pump out the same unit over and over again? I move, I take a few of his choppers. He moves, he takes a few of mine. Rinse, repeat.

Well said. the problem isn't even the imbalance so much as the boring play it ensures...
Khraleans » Khraleans - Under Powered or Under Played? » Go to message
  lion37 wrote: How about Peninsula, the bog, Rubicon Crossing, and Thermopylae? I would be interested in playing Titans vs a Khral opponent on any of these maps. Just invite me, but only if you are rated 1750+.

I'm only at 1650 odd, but I'll see if I can stop playing around and experimenting, and get to 1750 in the next few days. Then you're on.
Khraleans » Countering Helicopter » Go to message
Wyrms + Pinzers vs heli is awesome. Even better if you have a garuda to finish 'em when they run!
Khraleans » Khraleans - Under Powered or Under Played? » Go to message
I think they're probably ok. I play them mostly.

I win mostly vs Titans, who often arent good enough at protecting their expensive walkers vs buried underlings.

I probably lose a little more than I win vs Saps, but it may be a skill thing. Saps are easier to use, but Khrals have some good options. For example well protected Wryms murder Heli's.

I'm not good enough to say for sure, but they aren't way off. I think they just require more skill to use to best effect. Which is just fine by me, as I wont get bored so quick.
New Feature Request » Combatting Loopholes - Improving Speeder abilities... » Go to message
So right now it look s like:

93% support improving the Speeder
62% support Hover
62% support EMP immunity

... but the issue people want to talk about more is EMP itself. So any change might want to take that into account.
New Feature Request » re-engineering the EMP » Go to message
wouldnt this thread be better as a poll?
General Discussion » Error connecting to server with khralean games » Go to message
  5200 wrote:

I do wish they'd get on this faster or at least acknowledge the problem here in the forums, but we should remember this is a small team of developers of an indie game.

Who will fail if they break their game so people can't play it. Sorry just a bit annoyed right now (I got skipped turns in other games too, cause I thought all my games were broken )
General Discussion » Error connecting to server with khralean games » Go to message
Are you going to revert all my games with skipped turns?

This really isn't very good. I want to take my app store awards vote back.
New Feature Request » Combatting Loopholes - Improving Speeder abilities... » Go to message
  kickyourass wrote: Making units next to an assimilator immune to EMP is a great idea. But making the Speeders hover over water is not a very good idea. That essentially makes them ships, giving the Titans 2 ships. The Speeder could then pop onto land, attack, then retreat back onto the water, immune to attacks from most enemies.

Just like the Helicopter is now? But the Helicopter is much tougher and stronger. The thing is that the Titan's total lack of mobility makes them weaker than the other two races, especially Sapiens, and often quite hard to balance more interesting maps. Making the Speeder actually useful would address this, without ruining the mainly defensive nature of the race (since the Speeder isn't very tough). I'd support making it end it's move not on land, at least to start with so it is less likely to be unbalancing.

The move and fire EMP / or 2 round immunity after being EMP'd / or units next to assimilator are immune are excellent ideas though, and I think better than just making the Speeder immune.

I vote for letting it do both... I think hover would be a cool addition, and make use of a currently underused/underpowered unit. It might even help Titans a bit vs Heli's, by giving them similar mobility.

But I don't think even that is enough. The Engineer needs toning down, or the Titan needs a better way to deal with it. Several of the suggestions on how to do that in this thread are excellent.

I also like the idea of assimilators UV revealing underground units for 1 turn. UV is a bit weak.
Technical Support Questions » Can't play through cellular Network » Go to message
The issue seems to have resolved after downloading 1.0.3 for me ... I love this game!
Technical Support Questions » Can't play through cellular Network » Go to message
I've had various amounts of games. Probably on average more. I'll try not starting any more as I finish.

I played all day on Monday without wireless, but then this problem started first time I tried to connect without wireless on Tuesday.

I think I upgraded to 3.0 on the weekend before, but it could have been the weekend before that.

If it is a carrier problem, why would other services like email, GPS etc work fine without wireless?
I am playing on an 8GB iPhone running 3.0, if it helps I am in Australia using a phone locked to the Optus network (who admitedly have pretty crappy data coverage, but all other data functions work on the phone).

Same.
Ever since Tuesday I am unable to log in to my cuurent games unless I am connected to a wireless network.

Before Tuesday I was able to.

I open the game, select current games - it says its logging in for a while (with the bar moving), then it just freezes (the bar stops moving). No error message. The x button lower right does not work, but pressing the physical home button of the iphone will exit the application.

If I am connected to wireless it works fine.
Forum Index Profile for Hachiman »» Messages posted by Hachiman