[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: regard87
Forum Index Profile for regard87 »» Messages posted by regard87
General Discussion » Code of Conduct » Go to message
Is there any system in place to stop people from stealing a created map and republishing it under his/her name?

I dont know how often this happens, but I know I've seen identical maps in the past under different user names.
Just now I noticed a user named BlitzAce71 published a 6 person map named Chinese Checkers which is a copy of IGROUNDZERO's PerfectStar. Its the most recent 6 person map which is how I noticed. I knew the map immediatly because the creator IGROUNDZERO is a friend and I help him test all his maps along with a group of other players. It doesnt even look like the guy changed a single thing.

This might not be a big issue but in the end the people contributing these maps spend time creating them and it's a shame for someone to put it out in thier name stealing his/her credit.

Which sparks the question, can it be made so that only a maps creator can "Upload" the map? Obviously uploading a map serves a viable purpose so you can test multiple maps at a time, uploading it, editing and republishing it until its perfect. But other than the creator could others be restricted from doing so? That way if you really want to steal a persons map you have to create it from scratch, which would probably dissuade a person too lazy to make thier own to beginwith.
New Feature Request » OLD POST - Six New Units To Be Created. We Need Your Ideas! » Go to message
Naval vessels

Adding another naval vessel per race is a good idea for sure. Current all naval battles are sort of boring to me.
Each race having a lighter, faster, cheaper unit would certainly mix things up.

I like the idea of the Sapien having a Sub. Since thier boats are the most affective I dont think giving them a unit to stack in front of Destroyers is a good idea. Giving them a sneaker but limited secondary unit would work well.

For the Titans I think it should just be a cheaper unit, with very limited range, but good mobility. Something they can line up in front of Hydronauts to try and force Destroyers to come into range. Hence your naval chess match.

For the Kraleans I had two ideas. Maybe they have the only naval vessel capable of moving after attacking, so just a nimble little craft. That or thier secondary craft has the highest defense rating for any naval vessel, with very low attack. Just something to soak up damage and get in the way for the swarm to gather behind them.

Something I find very interesting about how this all works together is that if the Titans get a support unit that can cloak, and the Sapiens get a submarine, Uniwar could now have a situation where all three races have thier own form of stealth. All in a unique format, similar to Starcraft.

Also the idea that all these naval vessel have a special ability sounds like a bit too much. And having an amphibious vessel would be difficult to do without unbalancing land battles.

As far as carrying goes for Naval vessels. I'm not sure its even neccessary for this game, though with some new maps it might be useful. However I dont see the point of the cheaper(which often means more expendable) new units being able to carry ground units, unless thats going to be thier main use. Maybe add new support craft then allow the current, heavier sea vessels to carry a certain amount of ground units. Possibly the slots for carrying could be determined by unit cost. A 500 plasma tank takes up 5 spots. A Tank takes up 4. Marines/Mechas/Underlings take just 1 each.
New Feature Request » OLD POST - Six New Units To Be Created. We Need Your Ideas! » Go to message
I like the ideas I've seen for the added Titan and Sapien unit.
Sapien
Jet with possible ability to advance even farther across the map(afterburner).
Titan
Another support unit, this one with flight, with a few abilities. (Some sort of boost, or a cloak, tractor beam, maybe an area-of-affect slow down ability.)

For the Kralean I had an idea to suggest.
I'm calling it the Wyvern for now. It would be a unit meant to break the current Sap-Kral tactics. (I dont WANT to spam marines but dont have much choice.)
This unit could have one of two abilities, or both depending on peoples opinions.

Air to Air- A strong air to air attack meant to knock a chopper down in health, taking away the Sapiens strongest unit(versus thier swarm). Attack does little to no damage vs heavy units.

Air to Ground, area damage- I fire blast that spews out hitting the 8 hexes angled in front of it. Effective against Light ground(maybe 3 or 4 damge per). Useless versus all else, and possibly with a cooldown. This would allow one unit to weaken the cluster of Marines its facing.

Another option is to have it capable of both. An anti air attack as its standard with an anti ground ability with a cooldown.
To make it not too overpowered the Anti Air attack could be incapable of hitting ground or I had another idea to really throw a twist into it.
The Air to Air ability works when the unit is airborne, in order to use the Fire blast it has to land, and landing works like burrowing. Landing or Lifting off takes an action for that turn.

To sum it up I think a unit capable of one or the other would mix up Sap-Kral battles now(along with the Jet). So doing one or the other would be the simplest addition, but I think having both would be possible so long as neither ability was too powerful.
Forum Index Profile for regard87 »» Messages posted by regard87