[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: sonbalin
Forum Index Profile for sonbalin »» Messages posted by sonbalin
New Feature Request » Scaling up unit stats » Go to message
If you're scaling attack and defence by the same ratio, does it actually change anything?
Bad maps - to be voted out of the rated pool! » Gooniewarz » Go to message
Nevermind - I've had proper look and Titan can stop my idea with teleport, Sap can stop it with turn 1 Marauder.
Bad maps - to be voted out of the rated pool! » Gooniewarz » Go to message
Redundant
New Feature Request » Proposal: marine stimpack » Go to message
  mistercreepy wrote:Interesting idea. You'd need to carefully consider movement and HP with regards to base capture. What if it was one movement point for one hp?

So if you start with a 10 hp unit:

9 hp marine capping a base that is two plains tiles away (like an underling)
8 hp, 1 plains 1 forest/base
7, plains desert
6 hp, plains mountain/swamp, OR three plains tiles
3hp, double mountain/swamp

I think it is still too strong. Moving three plains tiles, and being at 6hp, gives the unit an unparalleled ability along with enough hp to likely survive a single attack from a light infantry.

Ideally you should be down to 4hp after using up 13 movement points. Just too strong and game changing. Probably even too strong an ability then.

I'm guessing the OP's intention is for it to be on a cooldown like every other Tier 1 Infantry ability, not to let you spam it as much as you wish. That'd mean you can get a fixed 11 movement for 2 turns, identical to an Underlings base movement, at the cost of 2 hp...+50% attack which would partially be negated by the HP damage.
New Feature Request » Play with oneself online » Go to message
  mistercreepy wrote:Just have to say great choice of thread title.

Came to say something similar, glad you said it first though... Your username is much more apt for pointing it out that mine!
New Feature Request » Proposal: Make buried underlings visible to the enemy » Go to message
  drumstep wrote:I feel like it should be noted that the "soft undo" to find underlings has only existed since a week or two ago. It is likely a bug and therfore should not be used as a counter argument against fully visible buried underlings.

I've been using that method since I started playing...in April I think.

I didn't realise this was a recent thing because of that, just presumed it was normal.
New Feature Request » Proposal: Make buried underlings visible to the enemy » Go to message
Even if you have to kill stuff first, you can still only advance units so far. Once you've killed the enemy units the rest of your units can still 'soft move' and cancel. As for underlings buried under enemy units, you can usually figure those out anyway unless you're completely overrun by buried underlings. If you're completely overrun by buried underlings and don't have a significant advantage that you can push with anyway then you've already messed up that game most of the time.
Yes, for those 2 specific move types for 2 units. For 1st marauder move, normal mecha move and the other 22 units that are capable of discovering buried underlings it isn't necessary though. Honestly undoing over and over just sounds like too much hard work for me - I don't care where the buried underlings on the other side of a 4 player map are, just the ones that can actually hit me.
It's got nothing to do with undo IMO. You can figure out where underlings are without undo as you don't need to confirm a move to get the pretty little numbers - Just 'soft move' a unit and cancel it.
General Discussion » Unofficial Uniwar achievements » Go to message
I like this idea, would be nice to see some implemented! Spend 10,000,000 credits and capture 500 enemy bases seem a little out of whack - I've only spent a little over 1,000,000 credits but am past 500 captures. Maybe you intended it that way though, just thought I'd mention it. Anyway...

Win a ranked match in less than 5 turns.

Win a ranked match in which you prevent your opponent capturing any bases (Must be neutral bases available on the map).

Win a match building only Light Ground units.

Ditto Air/Heavy Ground units.

Win a ranked match by capturing all enemy bases using converted infantry.

Win a match without losing any units.

New Feature Request » New map system » Go to message
Deleted
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.6/1.9.7beta » Go to message
Also, typing 'plasma' into chat shows the Hydronaut symbol. I tested all other units and they seem to be fine.
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.6/1.9.7beta » Go to message
Hi, not sure this is the right place to post, kindly point me in the right direction if it isn't!

I'm experiencing a graphical glitch with the new beta, there's a small portion at the bottom of the screen that seems to 'reflect' some of the map above. It's only a couple of pixels at most, I've attached a screenshot to show the issue - Between the in app buttons (chat, war report etc) and the OS soft buttons.

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, Android 6.0.1. I'll test on another device tomorrow.

Bug Reports » Community Google Spreadsheet available » Go to message
  TheDragon wrote:Actually I'm not able to make any changes or add to this list. Nor has anyone else as it's totally unchanged since it was first posted

There have been changes to it at least 4 times in the last week alone. Are you changing tabs at the bottom?
New Feature Request » New map system » Go to message
  volf wrote:Looking forward to it though. When this happens xavi is going to need to make voting mandatory after you finished a game. Since the required feedback will need to be greater. I dont think this will create a problem.

Mandatory feedback isn't necessarily a good thing. Many players don't understand map balance well enough to give good feedback IMO, forcing them to give feedback is not wise. Likewise, some people don't care enough to give feedback, why should they have to against their will? Forcing players to do something isn't a good thing.
Forum Index Profile for sonbalin »» Messages posted by sonbalin