[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Pento
Forum Index Profile for Pento »» Messages posted by Pento
General Discussion » Balance seems a bit off in favour of bugs » Go to message
I disagree.
It's not well balanced.
All in favour for k.
An experienced Krahl Player will only lose against an excellent and lucky Sapien or Titan player.

People who don't see it, don't want to see it.

General Discussion » Buried underlings op » Go to message
Try to play Krahl that way and you will see how strong this combination works out.

Wyrm + Underling and some swarmer and/or salamander to keep Marines under control.

Perhaps a ridiculous cheap borfly if the sapien player thinks a tank might help.

And the booper vs Wyrm is just a 1:1 credit exchange.

And for Titan it's even worse to play vs Krahl, but of course Krahl than needs only borfly and underlings.
General Discussion » Skipping players in tournaments » Go to message
Yes it got very annoying.
To many skippers around lately.
People don't care anymore. Everyone is just looking for it's own advantage.
No advice, nothing.
Just skip.

General Discussion » Buried underlings op » Go to message
Wyrm + underling => op vs Sapien!
+ Some swarmer and salamander and that's it.

Krahl got to powerful and it's no fun at all to play Sapien anymore.
With the last changes you got very limited in the units you can build vs Krahl.

Marine + Marauder + Battery. That's it.

Fuze most senseless unit ever.
Bopper is not of much help vsb Krahl
Tank senseless , no air attack
Engineer very often needed just to keep plague under control
Heli still good but only if the Krahl Player is to stupid not to build a Wyrm.

And the situation for Titans is even worse.

General Discussion » Titan need their plasma tank improved. » Go to message
  LkASr wrote:
  StarryBlink wrote:If plasma tank has 2 repair, the overall repairability of titan will become almost the same as sapien.
And +1 repair alone is likely to be a too much buff.

Imo, +1 repair wouldn't be much of a difference bc blaster units can easily destroy it, making repair not as scary as you think.

I think it's a quite scary thing! Imagine a Plasma on a healing tile. +6 in one round. Together with an Assimilator + 12.
And that is nothing out of the world.

I think this would support as well a very defensive way of playing Titan. Plasma first defense line with an Assimilator in the back and some walkers behind.
Back in the old times.
New Feature Request » New Unit - Krahl » Go to message
First blood is on Titan, that's for sure.
Speeder is ok vs Khral.
With an eclipse you have a quite bad exchange rate vs Borfly.
Mass Mecha can be annoying but Mecha is normally to slow to get-/ and keep the good spots. On long term they lose.
But I am open you prove me wrong. I would try my best to convince you.
I know Sim, it's not my first day in this forum.

But it's difficult to find something when nowadays your have to keep in mind that the races have to keep unique.
Once MAA was just an ability of Sapiens (+speeder) now Khral got it as well.

Good Healing was never an ability of Titans it's a Khral thing but plasma +2 heading would make it very much Khral.

I think there is no problem in raising movent for plasma. Speeder is the fastest unit in the game. Guardian is quick as well. Skimmer is fast, Mantisse as well. Titan is not slow any more. This paradigma got lost.

Correct it is very frustrating.
I now started to play Khral and I have to say. It's easy!
I had 5 or 6 wins in a row with ease. (Ranked)
Vs Titan it's hard to lose. Underlings, Borflys and some Swarmer are enough. I don't know what Titan can do against this combination.
And vs sapien it's a little more difficult in the beginning! but with the time Sapiens gets exhausted. Plague is killing them. Sapien can't get back in attack mode after the first attacks and is just busy with healing.

My conclusion: Khral is totally overpowered!!!
Heal +2 would be to much. It's still hard to kill a plasma but like that it would get crazy. Especially in combination with a healing unit.
In a game some days ago I needed 4 rounds to kill a plasma with a Bopper of ten and another one of 5 plus a Marauder for blocking and an engineer. I had no Forest or similar around just plain fields. But it was very hard.
If healing gets raised, defense should be lowered.

For me the main weaknesses is that plasma is too slow.
Perhaps a special feature like move +6 but only every 10 rounds.(turbo boost & super pursuit mode)
Titan tank needs speed +1 and GH attack +1. It takes ages to bring it to the front.
Sapien tank needs urgently air attack. Sapien is playing vs Khral with one possible unit less. There is absolutely no reason to build a tank vs Khral. Since Borfly appeared it's not even good enough for blocking.
Pinzer seems fine to me but perhaps GH +1 in case Sapien tank gets air attack because then Khral might need more pinzer and those should be effective vs sapien tank.
Cu pento
Hi there,
What do you think about a great Krahlean Unit.
I think of a Kobra Look a like super Wyrm with a ranged attack of 3 and MBA and MAA. Would be great if it would have nearly the same costs as a helicopter.
As well it should offer a descent attack to all kind of units.
Defense mustn't be too high, i think it should be enough just to play this super Wyrm and some Underlings around.
Like that you you don't have to focus to much on the other units Krahl might offer, because your already have a good combo against everything.

But that is just an idea it think this dream will never come true.

But perhaps some in the balancing group might think about these ideas and consider to realize just some of those.

Cu

General Discussion » Team- Match - engineer » Go to message
Yes, and/ but those are years old and without any conclusion.
I think after 7/9 years it should be ok to ask again what about this " feature".

Thanks Sims!
Thanks impaler,
Perhaps we are lucky and Sims reads it and proposes it to the new owners.
I looked up the forum. Couldn't really find anything. Some entrys of 2009.
But that was more about new and strange feature for the engineer not about healing team mates.

Forum Index Profile for Pento »» Messages posted by Pento