[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: R3dRevenge
Forum Index Profile for R3dRevenge »» Messages posted by R3dRevenge
General Discussion » Idea to balance unit to make all unit attractive » Go to message
  LkASr wrote:Nah, Borfly's gl atk isn't that threatening, here are my suggestions:

+1 mobility for Tank (9 total)
+1 def for Pinzer (14 total)
+1 to mobility/def for Plasma (7 & 15 total respectively)

-50 credit cost to the artillery trio

Bring back 1 mobility to Fuze (10 total)
Trade 2 gl atk for 25% gl ap for Helicopter (10 gl atk <=> 25% gl ap total)*
Trade 1 atk to all units for +1 repair for Guardian
+1 gh atk for Mantisse (5 total)
-1 gh atk for Borfly (5 total)

In real life wars, countermeasure weapons are intended to limit the threat, but not eliminate it altogether, tho certain designs like to do so.

I don't like this. To many changes at once is how you imbalance the game.
General Discussion » Idea to balance unit to make all unit attractive » Go to message
  kikoho wrote:Hi

I think since tank buster and amphibian update, the game lost some variety. All tank unit can t be usefull for the cost and some match up are terribly boring to play because there is only one way to play it correctly in a classical map (80 % of tournament map)

titan vs titan : it is only speeder and some meccha. Other units are quite bad idea or only if the map is designed for. Eclipse plasma and so guardian are never build by top player. And walker and fuze are quite always punish by speeder easily and so not really played too....

titan vs sapiens : speeder meccha vs marauder marine booper ingenor . Other unit are quite rare. Once again, plasma and eclipse are never buy.

titan vs krak : principaly : speeder meccha vs underling swarmer . Eclipse are possible but it is hard to make it really effective.

Globaly, i think titan is the race that need the most to be change to avoid that we build speeder in quite every situation !!

Particulary Plasme need to be boost -> cost 450 ( the lake of mobility is a real pain again tank buster) Or increase mouvement ( but keep all race really different is a good idea)

Eclipse need help to being play against titan and sapiens but should stay quite same vs krak -> upgrade damage vs Groud heavy to 6

for the other race.
borfly is too strong against heavy -> should reduce damage to 4 or 3 . It will stay overpowered against GH for 200. Today the map control given by borfly is too big. You just can never let one speeder in his range or it is gg ...

Battery is quite never usefull for its cost -> 600 cost or even 550

I think krak are a little bit too strong in late game because of salamander vs sapiens and underling burrow vs titan. I think reduce by 1 the attack bonus given by resurface could be a good idea.

All this is only my personnal view. but i think i understand verywell this game

Buff Eclipse to Repair X2.
Buff Plasma Tank to Repair X2.
Reduce Borfly LG damage by 1. They need heavy AA and heavy HG damage. Their LG is higher and lets them do a consistent ~3 damage to infantry. Reduce this.
Reduce Battery to 600 cost.

New Feature Request » Bots take your turn instead of getting skipped » Go to message
I really don't like this idea.

Players should be punished if they are unable to complete a turn within 24 hours.

I understand that we all have lives outside of the game, so let your opponent know if you are unable to complete your turn. From what I've seen, most of the high ranked players won't skip you if you tell them in advance.

RR
New Feature Request » Terrain Visibility » Go to message
Neat idea, but vision is almost useless not due to unlimited undo's.

This idea sounds like to much work for something that will add little to gameplay.
Guides & Tips » Boarfly: how to defend against it? » Go to message
Borfly has range 2-3 and very low defense. All you need is to get up close and attack it with anything.

Most importantly, the Borfly cannot move and attack. Therefore you must move into range of it, or the Khral player must position it within 2-3 zones away from you. Take advantage of this.
Sapiens » Dealing with Salamander spam. » Go to message
  wookieontheweb wrote:
  R3dRevenge wrote:It seems that saps have the worst blaster and amphi units out of the three races. Then again I'm still new to the units.

Not sure I agree. I think Bopper is better than Borfly. They move then attack with range 3 and take no return fire from any units except artillery/boat types. Positioning Borfly is far more difficult.

I agree that positioning the borfly is more difficult, but the unit is far more rewarding for better players. It costs 100 less and can always move after shooting. If you position it right it can really wreck havoc on your opponents lines.

Honestly, I'd take the Borfly over the Missile Launcher.
  LkASr wrote:
  R3dRevenge wrote:I appreciate the response.

Your assessment is exactly what I've found. What needs to happen is they need to remove plague backlash. If this was fixed and Fuze got a mobility/damage increase, it would become balanced.

Plague on Salamander is actually pretty needed, causing as much disruption to the saps as possible, it's just the saps are heavily underpowered from nerfs

It seems that saps have the worst blaster and amphi units out of the three races. Then again I'm still new to the units.
I appreciate the response.

Your assessment is exactly what I've found. What needs to happen is they need to remove plague backlash. If this was fixed and Fuze got a mobility/damage increase, it would become balanced.
Hello all,

I'm a returning player (2,300 player) who decided to get back into the game due to the new units and updated systems. I made a new account and began playing.

Recently, I've ran into the problems against Salamander spam on heavily watered maps and low/mid income (300-400).

The game that I'm currently playing is on Frozen Islands Refurbished (sorry I can't display a picture). Basically my opponent spends his begining 2-3 turns purchasing 5-6 Salamanders and spreads them across the maps pressuring my city income. Then he begins purchasing his airforce (Swarmer + Garudas).

The problem is Saps Fuze unit is terrible against air units and is pretty weak when damaging defense 10 Salamanders. I've found that Helicopers + Maruders are the most effective way with dealing with this strategy, however the constant plague backlash is brutal on my units.

I'm beginning to think that Salamanders are incredibly strong or Fuze being to weak leading to an imbalance.

What do you think? Any advice?

Forum Index Profile for R3dRevenge »» Messages posted by R3dRevenge