[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: luis91
Forum Index Profile for luis91 »» Messages posted by luis91
Tournaments » In-game tourney feature » Go to message
i dont say that you did anything against the rules.
I just try to change the rules so that they are better!

And i am playing fast all the time, because i dont want to win a tourney round, because of "time management", but you did play slow from the beginning of the game and i realised that many more people do it like that ( i already had an opponent who did wait to the last hour in the first turn. So we missed the first two days of the tourney round! ).
So it would at least speed up the beginning until one side is in disadvantage, but the first few rounds ( until one side got an advantage ) would be played faster and therefore increasing the chance to finish the game in time!
well i see that point.
But i think in the current situation some player start slow playing from the first turn! Because its overall advantageous to play slow, you can play slow from the beginning, whether you are ahead or not and whether you think you are gonna win that game or not and anway playing like that is giving you an advantage.

When its the other way, you will play fast at the beginning ( because its not clear whether you are winning or not! ) and when you realise, that the game is probably not turning into your favor, you start playing slow, but at that moment you already played a lot of rounds.
So i think with my solution the first rounds would be faster/ slow play would not make sense in the early game and therefore the game itself would end in less days as well!

But a more thoughtfull solution with time banks/timer does sound even better, when its realizable!
New Feature Request » The Uniwar League » Go to message
a feedback of the devs or sims would be nice to know if this idea could be reality sometimes in the far future!
part 2 of my post which seems to be too long ^^

and i think playing fast should be favored/supported more by the system than playing slow!

I am looking forward to your opinions on the topic!
I have an idea to increase fairness of especially team tourneys.

I am currently participating in the 4vs4 sky watch tourney and am in group 4.
My team has won 2 games already and the last game is against a team, which won 1 game and lost 1.
Its obvious that we will lose our current game ending up 2:1, as well as our opponent.
The tourney is running for a long time now and still we are only in round 12 in this particular match and our 2 other games are decided for a long time and our team is playing quite fast.
Our enemy is playing as slow as possible. They did in every on their 3 games finishing them late! In our game they are almost only turning in the last hour of their time, though the game is decided and there is not much tactic to discuss. they even talked in the chat about setting the timer to turn as late as possible.

So this round will probably end for my team, because the time for this round is almost over and their team will have less winning rounds than my team, which is actually quite unfair, because my team would last for some more turns and would have good chances to advance to the next round, when there would be no time limit ( i know that this is not an option! ).

I thinks until here thats a fairly knwon problem, but i may have a solution or at least an idea, which is making the system better!

At the current state the system favors teams, which are playing slowly! Actually there is no reason to make your turns fast! You try to get ahead in bases and/or credits and then you are playing the clock down!
Because obviously when you have played less rounds in total you will have played less rounds in your winnig game and giving you an advantage.I dont think that this is the right way!

I would favor teams who are playing fast! ( doing their turns fast ) And i would implement it as following:
if a group in a tourney is ending up in a tie ( 2 teams with 2 wins and 1 loss ) i would first check if one of the teams did not finish the 2 winnig games, because obciously the number of winning rounds is not accurate/not fair, when you didnt finish your games ( your winning rounds would be higher if there would not be a time limit ) and when one of the teams did finish more of the won games i would let them advance disregarding the number of winning rounds.
If both teams have the same number of finished won games, then i would solve the tie with the current procedure!
This system would favor players who are finishing their games in time and i think
  anonym551653 wrote:We should be able to choose to fight those within our rank or anyone with out limitations. And divisions should overlap so you can without a big difference for any division exclusives (which should be in few numbers if any at all). Just my opinion.

you shouldnt be limited and your choice against who you want to play etc.
This league should only be an alternative game mode, like the tournaments!
You should still be able to play unrated games against who you want and so on!
New Feature Request » Detailed statistics » Go to message
yes i know that its only a minor thing and just a wish for the future
I would love to see an Uniwar League with a few divisions and the best of each division is advancing to the higher one.
So its like a never ending tournament.

I cant wait for the Championship ranking, but i feel, that this kind of ranking is far away from being accurate, because after the first two championship tourneys i will be ranked quite high because i finished both tourneys in the top 16, because i had lucky draws.
So i dont think that this ranking will be accurate, which it doesnt have to. Its fun anyway, but i think a League would be a good way to determine the best Uniwar player.

I would like to see a League with 16 players. With 5 matchdays, where you play against 3 people from your league at once with a mirror match. Each matchday should last 10 days ( 10 days seems enough time, if you look at what we have learned from the tourney ). Unfinished games were judged like the unfinished games in tourneys.
The next matchday will start after 7 days ( so it could be that you didnt finish your current matchday and the next one is already starting, but otherwise these leagues will take a lot of time ). So one season will take 4*7+10=38 days to finish.
You get 3 points for every win, 1 point for a draw and 0 for losses.
So you will play against all other 15 players in your league with a mirror match and the ranking will be a good measurement of how good you are.

The leagues should be divided like that:
One First division, where the last 4 players are going down to the second divison.
Two second divisions, where the top 2 players are going up to the first division and the 4 last players go down to the third.
4 third divisions. Top 2 players advance to division 2, lowest 4 go down to division 4.
8 4th divisions...

You will probably only need 4 divisions to have enough space for all players, maybe a 5th, so you can go to the top in a good amount of time ( approximately 4 month to go from division 4 to 1 ).
So you could give the option for new players to join, when the new season is starting and they will start in the lowest division.

I think a system like that would be a lot of fun!
What do you think?
anyone think this is a good idea? ^^
General Discussion » play last stand to the end? » Go to message
offline not, but online you can create a custom game and then chose a bot as your opponent!
Tournaments » Solo Tournament: INFECTED ! » Go to message
i liked the story! It was a good intro, though i dont know if i need it every tournament!

General Discussion » What's the difference » Go to message
probably
Hey everybody,

i would really like to see more detailed statistics in your profile.
What i like to add is games played with every race and victories with every race ( in total and in % ).
Games played and won with every race against every race. So statistics for all 9 possible setups.

So it would be easier to see with which race combination you have the biggest problem and where you can get better!
New Feature Request » Improved replay » Go to message
sims: i think other people should only see your replays if you want it to.
So maybe a "share" button for your replays ( and maybe to chose who can see your shared replays ?)
I dont know if this is the right thread for this, but i try ( if not just tell me and i create a new one ^^ ).

I would really love to see a Uniwar league, similar like a tournament.
You register for the league, if you want to participate.
A league consists of 18 players and everybody is playing against everybody with mirrored matches. So there a 17 matchups per person and 34 games in total. Every week 3 new matchups will start and only 2x2 in the 6th week and after 8 weeks the season finishes ( if there are unfinished games same rules like in the tourneys ). The winner of every matchup is getting 3 points, draws 1 point, loss 0.

Then the first players will advance to the higher league ( if they are not already ) and the last people will get down to a lower league and then the next season will start.

It could be 1 first league, 2 second leagues, 4 3rd leagues, 8 4th leagues and so on. The 2 best people of every league advance to a higher league and the lowest 4 go down.

I think that would be really nice and maybe a better way to see your "real" ranking than the current rankings and tourneys ( because in a tourney the second best player can still lose in round 1 ).

If you like the idea and think that it could be a feature sometime in the far future i would write more ideas about that in a new thread ( i have some more detailed thoughts about that ).
So what do you think about that idea in general?
Forum Index Profile for luis91 »» Messages posted by luis91