[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Prime Carrot
Forum Index Profile for Prime Carrot »» Messages posted by Prime Carrot
General Discussion » Macroscopian Race » Go to message
-Purveyor

Tactics Explanation

The Purveyor's only purpose is to merge. If it is not killed in one turn, it can heal back all of that damage for another chance to merge. Having Purveyors on the field forces the enemy to focus on individual units, else their damage will mean nothing.

Cost 150
Vision 3
Mobility 6
Type Aerial

Can not attack
Defense 0

Cap Bases No
Repair 9
Actions/Turn 1
Macroscopian Race

The Macroscopian Race is comprised of several bacteria and viruses, upscaled to giant size. Note that not all of these units share characteristics with their real-world counterparts.

Merging

This race's main gimmick is that bacteria merge together instead of healing. Merging functions by the following rules:

- A unit can move onto a damaged unit to merge
- The more expensive unit remains while the cheaper unit is destroyed
- Both unit's HP before the merge are added together
- If the result is equal to or less than 10, that number is now the remaining unit's HP
- If the result is greater than 10, the remaining unit's HP will cap at 10

This is a sub-topic to "New Race Ideas". I'll make the energy race here and link it there.
Link to main topic:
http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/3145.page

IMPORTANT

Please post your comments in "New Race Ideas" and not here! Thanks!

NOTE

- "Sapien Equivalent X" does not mean it always shares the role of that unit, just that it takes the place of that unit. For example, if something says "Sapien Equivalent Tank" It could be a 0 defense ranged glass cannon

- There will not be images for some units because it is hard to find images that match what I imagine and I don't have enough time to make my own art. All images are from Google Images
Bug Reports » New game => Friend gets replaced with strangers. » Go to message
  The Impaler wrote:I know its not helpful or what you want to hear, but the vast majority (>90% of the time) when very obscure bugs come up like this it is an error on the players side, not the computer. ive invited friends over 100x, and have never ever had that problem.

One possible issue is you might not have the most updated version?

It's possible that the issue is device and/or version related
Bug Reports » New game => Friend gets replaced with strangers. » Go to message
I remember something like that happening to me now that you mention it. I have been invited to games that don't appear when I click the notification, and there was no evidence that I had been removed from the game (I have the notification for that enabled). Maybe I was removed and just didn't get the notification, however, there is a possibility that I was simply invited to the game by someone experiencing a similar difficulty to you.

I personally think this issue should be brought up in public chat and looked into.
General Discussion » h o s t i l e - e n v i r o m e n t » Go to message
Nice. This idea is similar in a lot of ways to the "Infested Ruins" SPC. Having it as an entire game mode would be pretty cool. This feature would not only allow for the bot to be a hindrance to the players as they fight, but it could also allow for maps where both players are forced to team up in order to defeat the bot, and then fight to the death to decide who fought most efficiently (the latter is how "Infested Ruins" works).

Hey, Spooky is said to be working on the map editor. This might be more plausible than you think if you put the effort forth and get the community to back it.
General Discussion » New Race Ideas » Go to message
I like cake. Does that make me against abortion?
General Discussion » Energy Race » Go to message
-Oceanus

A large, humanoid apparition that can control water.

Tactics Explanation

Nothing too special about this guy. He has a single hex move after attack, shorter range than other aquatics, and some pretty nice defense. Strategy wise, I would wall with this guy and hide some Galvanizers behind him. He can't heal as well as other boats so I would probably find a way to sneak a Space Mender by him.

Sapien Equivalent Destroyer

Cost 700
Vision 5
Mobility 9
Move After Attack 3
Type Aquatic

Attack Strength Versus
GL 10
GH 9
Aerial 13
Aquatic 14
Amphibian 12
Attack Range 1-2
Defense 15
Underwater Units Penalty -9

Cap bases No
Attack after move Yes
Repair 1
Actions/Turn 1
-Galvanizer

Tactics Explanation

No, it doesn't coat steel with zinc. It shocks! If a ground-light unit decides to take a stroll by the beach, you won't be seeing it again. However, such assassinations put the Galvanizer at an extreme risk of meeting the same fate. It is a suicide bomber at its finest. If you can build up a bunch of these (which shouldn't be difficult due to their cheap cost), there's a good chance you'll be able to break through and take down more than they're worth. If you decide to go in lone-wolf style, you'll find that they'll get shot down before any damage is dealt.

Sapien Equivalent Submarine

Cost 150
Vision 3
Vision Underwater 2
Mobility 5
Mobility Underwater 4
Type Aquatic

Attack Strength Versus
GL 12
GH 5
Aerial 3
Aquatic 9
Amphibian 8
Attack Range 1
Attack Range Underwater - Can not attack
Resurface Bonus 0
Defense 1
Defense Underwater 6

Armour Piercing Versus
GL 30%
GH 20%
Aerial 10%
Aquatic 40%
Amphibian 25%

Cap Bases No
Attack after move Yes
Repair 1
Actions/Turn 1
-Tomopteris

Tactics Explanation

The Tomopteris does not give a damn what kind of armour you're wearing. It'll just phase through. If you get passed its armour piercing gimmick, it functions quite similarly to a Khralien Salamander.

Sapien Equivilent Fuze

Cost 200
Vision 3
Mobility 8
Type Amphibian

Attack Strength Versus
GL 2
GH 1
Aerial 1
Aquatic 2
Amphibian 2
Attack Range 1
Defense 7

Armour Piercing Versus
All 90%*

Cap Bases Yes
Attack after move Yes
Repair 2
Actions/Turn 1

*Phases through enemy armour
General Discussion » New Race Ideas » Go to message
  Indisguise wrote:Just looked at the energy race. Very cool.

Thoughts:

Blitzer - 1-3 range in 100 cost unit ... with MAA 11.. seems too much to me. I would think with the low stat line you could do 1-2 range or maybe 2-3 range.

Aegis - does it have any armor piercing?

I like the nuke. Do units that attack it take any damage?

Lotta cool concepts those are my main questions for sure.

I think you should reconsider the spider mines thing. Personally I don't think it meshes super well with most of the ideas you've got here. How about a supercharge or overcharge that increases the units attack at a cost to defense? Or maybe it costs like 50 credits for the overcharge.... :p just imho of course

Agreed on Blitzer. It's gimmick is the long range and MAA, so I changed its range to 2-3 and retained it's low stats and defense.

Aegis. Yes, I will add armour piercing but it will likely be adjusted several times to balance the race's weaknesses.

No, the Star Cell does not damage units outside of it's explosion. I have added some text to clarify.

I think I want to stick with mines. I've always been a fan of the concept and I think energy mines are unique to the landmine stereotype. I added an image that MAY change your mind, maybe not.

I really appreciate the input! I hope I answered your questions satisfactorily.
-Draconian Spectre

Tactics Explanation

The Draconian Spectre is a tankier helicopter with lower MAA and attacks. It heals up quickly after being damaged and still deals out some noteworthy damage to all unit types. It especially deals with the aerial weakness developed through the previous units. But most importantly... IT LOOKS SO FKIN COOL!

Sapien Equivalent Helicopter

Cost 600
Vision 5
Mobility 12
Mobility after attack 5
Type Aerial

Attack Strength Versus
GL 9
GH 8
Aerial 10
Aquatic 9
Amphibian 8
Attack Range 1
Defense 12
Underwater units penalty -8

Cap Bases No
Attack after move Yes
Repair 2
Actions/Turn 1
-deleted
-Star Cell

Tactics Explanation

Is it the red wire or the blue wire? Well enemies are sure going to have a time trying to shut this time-bomb down. After you place it (any free tile in your view), the enemy only has 4 turns to destroy it, or at least severely damage it to weaken the explosion. It functions as a great diversion to keep enemies focused while you advance with other units. It helps break the defensive, "builduppy" theme of the prior units, giving them reason to move forward and aggress.

Sapien Equivalent Tank

Cost 500
Vision 3
Mobility 0 (Like the Space Mender, it teleports)
Type Aerial

Attacks via explosion (Enemies do not receive damage by attacking the Star Cell)
Defense 16

Cap Bases No
Repair 1
Actions/Turn 1

Special

This unit works as a timed nuke:
- On the first round after it is built, you can teleport it to any hex on the map that is not obscured by the Fog of War.
- The Star Cell remains there for 4 turns.
- It can heal during those turns.
- It's healing does not get amplified by Space Menders
- Its graphic changes for each of those turns (elaborated in the image below).
- After the 4th turn, the Star Cell explodes, dealing damage to all enemy units within a 4 hex radius based on the values below.

Star Cell Explosion
GL 14
GH 14
Aerial 15
Aquatic 14
Amphibian 14
Explosion Radius 1-4
Underwater units penalty -8

Note:
- The explosion's power is reduced based on it's remaining health similar to the attack of other units
- The Star Cell does not explode if it has been defeated

Graphics

Observe the image below.

- When created it will be red like "Class M"
- On the first turn after teleportation it will be orange like "Class K"
- Second turn: Yellow, like "Class G"
- Third turn: Whitish-Blue, like "Class A"
- Fourth turn (final turn before it explodes): Blue, like "Class O"

-Designator

A large, speedy looking humanoid made of pure neon pink energy. There are spikes on it's energy armour.

Tactics Explanation

The Designator plants mines on the field to damage any enemy unfortunate enough to step on them. But the mines have to be well placed - they go off automatically after 4 turns, which can damage ally units. Placing mines also damages the user, weakening it if it wished to mindlessly throw mines out in the open. It also forces the Designator to heal up afterwards, like a cool-down. Designators are best used to punish enemies who wish to beat up on Blitzers from melee range.

Sapien Equivalent Marauder

Cost 350
Vision 5
Mobility 11
Type GH

Attacks by planting land mines (elaborated below)
Defense 7

Cap Bases No
Repair 1
Actions/Turn 2

Special
Activated ability:
- Plants a land mine in a 1 hex radius
- Planting a land mine damages the Designator by 3 points
- Landmines ARE VISIBLE FROM THE SURFACE as a neon pink energy ball planted in the ground
- This ability takes up one action (with two actions you can plant a mine and move, or you can move and plant a mine)
- Land mines explode when stepped on BY AN ENEMY UNIT. The explosion deals damage to the enemy unit that stepped on it by the criteria below

Land Mine Attack:
GL 10
GH 10
Aerial 10 (Aerial units can not trigger the mine so this can only happen when the mine automatically explodes on its fourth turn)
Aquatic 0 (Mines do not go in water)
Amphibian 10

-Land mines explode after 4 turns regardless of whether or not an enemy unit is standing on it. This explosion can damage ally units and aerial units if they happen to be on that hex
Forum Index Profile for Prime Carrot »» Messages posted by Prime Carrot