[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Xtynct
Forum Index Profile for Xtynct »» Messages posted by Xtynct
User Generated Maps » Holeeshit map4v? » Go to message
Haven't looked at the maps but I have feedback nonetheless; rename it without the expletive.
General Discussion » Imbalanced Games! » Go to message
  Pero wrote:If random gives you Sapiens, build marauders, a lot of them.

I'm sure you'd agree it depends on the map and how much income is awarded for each base. Sometimes marauders aren't worth it, especially on maps with low income and lots of mountainous terrain, "fault line" tiles, or water.
New Feature Request » TVOS Apple TV UniWar? » Go to message
  The Impaler wrote:
  Xtynct wrote:Well, this idea went really far. NOT.

dont get upset, the forum is pretty slow. i think as far as mobile gaming goes, it fits into a bit of a niche, people like playing on their phones, so you wont get much momentum here.

I think this game would be a natural to be ported to TVos for Apple TV. It lends itself very well to that platform.
  wookieontheweb wrote:I love your optimism
Yep. I'm anything if not optimistic!
And the newest aquatic units that have the ability to go subaqueous won't be very useful because so few maps have enough water tiles for it to matter.
I generally only play random games and when I'm Sapiens I'm dead because I still don't have their new units. That's what this thread was started about, and the issue continues. How many millions of ads must I watch so I can use the new units? Right, a LOT. However, here's the problem; I don't play Uniwar on a new device. I'm using an iPhone 5 and a 2nd gen iPad. When I watch an ad I GET NO UNICOINS rewarded to me! And due to this system, new users are very discouraged when they lose game after game. I'm just saying the developers need to implement a better system so the games are balanced better.
General Discussion » "Undo" Needs to be Gone » Go to message
  Pero wrote:Regarding "undo scouting" ruining fog of war, that's an issue even with single move undo. If you have one high vision + decent mobility unit like swarmer, speeder or marauder you can easily take a peek at one enemy base, undo, peek at other base, undo and then play real move.
I do this before every turn I take, when fog of war is still concealing things.
  trineroks wrote:...touch as an input has more room for error than mouse clicks. As such, if undo were to be removed a single mistap could legitimately ruin a game.

You make good points, especially this one. I stand corrected.
New Feature Request » 18 New units are coming... » Go to message
  xavi wrote:Yes, 18... You read well! 6 per race, multiplied by 3 races. Is that enough for you ?

You may take this as criticism, but actually I don't think new units are/were needed. They just serve to make the game more complex and convoluted unnecessarily, especially since they are basically not available to everyone. I'm sure some fanboys will shoot me down, but don't let yourself get stuck in an echo chamber that just tells you what you want to hear.

You wanna make more money therefore you're dropping new units; I get it. But I think you should figure out how to better market the game so you can get new users instead. This game is already pretty polished.
Well, this idea went really far. NOT.
Infinite Undo allows me to make a perfect attack or defense given the units I have, but does that equate to FUN? I don't think so. And when I have infinite undo, but my adversary does not, the whole game is much less of a challenge and therefore much less fun. And you'll never convince me that everyone has infinite undo - that's not true.

And once I move a unit forward, if I have infinite undo, I can see which units my adversary has built and where they are positioned. I can run multiple scenarios and see everything. That makes fog of war TOTALLY useless and it transforms me into a strategic military genius. Without mistakes the game is not as fun.

"Undo" needs to be done away with.
  simsverd wrote:All units are avaialble to all.

How do you define "available"? All units are NOT available to all users by my definition of the word. And as I stated the ads are far to lengthy and you earn far too few UniCoins by watching them. It's a major problem when I'm playing someone who full access to all the units and I do not. When I'm the Sapiens I'm at a serious disadvantage and that disadvantage is exaggerated all the more depending on the topography of the map.

simsverd wrote:
And... you are wrong about the guardian being OP.

What is OP? I have no clue.
I love Uniwar. It's the only game I play. But how many thousands of ads must I watch in order to obtain the new units?

I play someone online. They have the new units, I do not. The game is therefore quite lopsided and not fun. Yes, I know some of you will argue to the contrary; this is my opinion so I thought I'd express how I feel. And trust me, I'm not the only one!
It would be fabulous if a TVOS app existed for this. I'd love to play UniWar on my Apple TV!
Forum Index Profile for Xtynct »» Messages posted by Xtynct