[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Tyrax Lightning
Forum Index Profile for Tyrax Lightning »» Messages posted by Tyrax Lightning
Titans » Can titans beat Sapiens » Go to message
Yup, Titans are not built to play the aggressive attrition game... both of the other 2 Races will always win in that Department over the Titans.

I agree with Speeders being important in that situation, & in addition to this, if the Saps get Tanks up & ya can't get Plasmas up to counter, puke on Ads for Guardians & use them to counter the Tanks instead... don't try to push forward too fast or too hard or ya will not be able to sustain the attack cause the Enemy can out-Attrition you & counter push ya away.

Also, don't underestimate the usefulness of Assimilators & their Repair Bonus benefits to your Front Line... with Assimilators backing up the Tanking Units, sometimes ya can sit there & repair the Damage hard enough to sustain through the Enemy's attacks while the Attackers are weakening under the Counter Attack, then ya can look for a chance to decisively strike back & break them down then come out ahead in Units. After ya do this, resist the urge to push forward an Attack Wave ya can't sustain the strength of & risk getting it picked off & giving the enemy a chance to re-stabilize... instead build that Wall until it can creep forward like a Mighty Glacier & crush the foe in front of it.

Also don't underestimate the usefulness of the Assimilator UV Attack.
Titans » Eclipse: When & when not to Teleport...? » Go to message
  The Impaler wrote:I actually just posted something relevant on a question about when to get on a city. a good attack combines methods of aggression
forms of aggression:
killing units or saving units
taking terrain or blocking terrain
capturing or threatening a base capture or preventing one
getting a city turn or preventing one
forcing an unfavorable buy (ie map is bad for helicopter, buy many underlings, he will get overwhelmed if he doesnt buy a heli because underlings are so powerful on maps with lots of trees)

and now, adding to this list:

teleporting to either protect a more valuable unit, or achieve any of the above (terrain grab, threaten a base cap, preventing movement) - it can be good to go for a capture and then teleport a swath of units in so they cant get through them all to stop the cap. Eclipse and mecha on good terrain have great defense

you can get creative with it, but a combination of some or all of the above is what makes the optimal attack. (attack meaning anything to gain value)
These sound like cool tips! Many thanks!

One trick i've self-discovered for use on Large Maps with zero Mid-Map bases is that after your Front Line has moved to the midpoint of the Map or beyond, it can be a viable tactic to make bunches of Mechas & Teleport them into Bodyblocking Positions every turn forcing the Opponent (Better used on khraels then Saps...) to divide their Units's attention between your Main Force & the Mecha Bodyblockers so they can't focus all their attention on your Main Force that ya will be hard pressed trying to keep supplied with Reinforcements for walking them over land cause of the no Middle of Map Bases. Mechas that can just Teleport in on the cheap are a LOT more expendable then those slow bulky to waddle around Sand Dunes Plasma Tanks. Sadly this probably wouldn't fly vs Saps or they'll just counter with Engineers & Riposte your Mechas back onto ya... Though trying to Titans vs Saps on a large Map with no Bases in the middle might in of itself not even be a good idea anyway... accepting correction on this if i'm wrong. (Being able to Teleport Reinforcements of Eclipses in to try to keep Helis countered could maybe be precious here...)
  Pero wrote:
  Tyrax Lightning wrote:Many thanks for the Responses! I'm liking the sound of these ideas thus far.

Edit: Is there any easy way to tell what Hexes you have Vision on but the Opponent doesn't to get an idea of where ya could potentially Teleport Eclipses from Rear Bases they were built at to somewhere out of Enemy Sight to try to wait out the 'Post-Teleport Power Down Duration' then move them in for a Flank?

None that I know of but even if there was a way it would not help you much. Don't relay on an opponent making balant mistakes. Using undo, even free one, gives you a lot of effective vision. Move a fast unit, see what's your opponent is doing, undo, repeat with other locations. Or if you don't have fast units around a base then build high vision unit, check the situation and undo unit. All three races have relatively cheap unit (250 credits) with 5 range vision and good mobility.

Staying out of reach for one turn is more reliable tactic. Unfortunately Uniwar is not like M.A.X. where vision plays significant tactical role, every ranged unit has vision equal or greater then attack range, all flying units have 5 vision, light vehicles also have 5, and few odd units have 3 vision. Only buried underlings and submerged submarine have noticeable short sight of 2.
Ahh yes, I keep forgetting about Undo Turn... never played anything that did stuff like that in a Tactics Game like this... it's also been a steep learning curve for me getting used to stuff like Woods not doing buggers to hide stuff inside them, where in other games like this, this'd be a natural Mechanic. My last game of this kind i'd played before this game long ago was Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

It's awful easy to have an error & accidentally misclick a Unit to somewhere other then where ya meant to, or accidentally attack the wrong Unit Choice from Intended on a Phone Interface, even with Phone Wand use... if it wasn't for that, i'd agree with the Crowd that wants to remove Undo from the game.

Many thanks for the response. Guess Teleporting Eclipses from Rear Line to behind the Battle Front Line a bit is the way to go mainly, with Teleporting away to heal an option too.
Many thanks for the Responses! I'm liking the sound of these ideas thus far.

Edit: Is there any easy way to tell what Hexes you have Vision on but the Opponent doesn't to get an idea of where ya could potentially Teleport Eclipses from Rear Bases they were built at to somewhere out of Enemy Sight to try to wait out the 'Post-Teleport Power Down Duration' then move them in for a Flank?
I'm having trouble avoiding my Eclipses tending to get picked off when trying to use them for Anti-Air, & this is especially a problem when they have low defense & are spendy dudes. I rarely Teleport with them cause it seems to be hard to see when it'd even be worth the risk, unlike with the Mecha Teleport for Body-Blocking, Base Threatening, or just plain Distraction for humble cost.

When is & is not good times & ways to use the Eclipse Teleport?

Many thanks for your time.
Titans » Plasma Tank underpowered? » Go to message
  LkASr wrote:and what if is a low income map and plasmas aren't gonna cut it?
Puke on Ads for Guardians to counter their Tanks with while your Mechas &/or Speeders Tank.

That's what i've been doing thus far... especially considering when far from Bases Saps & Khraels have to trudge all that distance while your Mechas simply Teleport into Meatshield Position. Smaller Maps Mechas can walk or Speeders can zoom in, attack, then nudge over into a Body Blocking Position.

I thought Speeders weren't much to look at at first, but as i've been experimenting with them more, i'm learning how to appreciate them.
Titans » Favorite Titan Unit? » Go to message
I voted for "Plasma Tank", because I love Tanks, I love Quality, & Plasma Tanks fit both those bills! ^_^

2nd Place would go to the Guardian because Mechs are cool too!

3rd Place goes to the Walker cause again, Mech!

Honorable Mention: Mecha Underling, cause it's fun to turn Bugs into Robo Bugs then use Khraelian's Underground Travel against them!
Titans » How to master titans? Video Tutorial » Go to message
Many thanks for all your Tutorial Vids! I'm a New Player to this game & the Vids made a difference in helping me learn the game.
Titans » Titans vs. Sapiens (smaller maps) » Go to message
Hi everyone, First Post here.

I have decided to love the Titans most, with Kraelians second & screw [s]Humans[/s]Sapiens. I too am noticing fighting Sapiens with Titans on Small Maps is really hard... heck, hard to beat Kraelians with Titans on Small Maps too, often they can quickly pop out a Tank/Pincer while the Plasma Tank, that I love btw, can't come out in time cause it costs too much. I have been combating this problem by puking on an Ad to get a Walker up & fight their Tank Unit with the Walker, aka the Titan Anti-Tank. Give this a try OP.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Aww, this Forum doesn't support 'Font Strikethrough'?

Edit 2: Dammit, when I said "Walker" I meant the "Guardian". >_<

I'm still trying to get stuff in this game memorized correctly.
Forum Index Profile for Tyrax Lightning »» Messages posted by Tyrax Lightning