[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: IvanK
Forum Index Profile for IvanK »» Messages posted by IvanK
General Discussion » How can a player have a high win/loss but not a high score » Go to message
Sounds legitimate. That would be 191 where he could purely gained rank, 19 games where he lost rank and 19 where he earned lost rank back. I he moved on average 4-5 points per match the math checks out. Though you can get lucky and earn 15 or so ranks.

How old is his account? If it year or more it's quite likely he had a lot of practice without bothering with ranked games until recently.
User Generated Maps » Odyssey Campaign Prologue and Backstory » Go to message
Hi! I'm on a lookout for more campaigns, is this one published? If so, how do I find it? UniWar makes it hard if you don't know number of players and size.
New Feature Request » Extra Fog of War mode » Go to message
  LkASr wrote:
  IvanK wrote:In general it would be great if titan teleport range was not unlimited in no FOW games. One way to make it consistent between FOW and no FOW would be to limit teleport to tiles inside friendly unit vision range listed in unit stats.

That's what makes titans look good, the teleport on visible tiles, however they have the worst reaction time against team gangups bc of how expensive their army is and also the delay of teleports. I'd say I'd keep.

But the problem is that in no fog of war games all tiles are visible, basically changing rules on how teleport work. This gives titans distinct tactical boost that no other race gets. While you can lawyer that ability wording technically allows it, I'd say it's not really in the spirit of the game.
New Feature Request » Extra Fog of War mode » Go to message
In general it would be great if titan teleport range was not unlimited in no FOW games. One way to make it consistent between FOW and no FOW would be to limit teleport to tiles inside friendly unit vision range listed in unit stats.
Bug Reports » Zone of control for sub » Go to message
  wookieontheweb wrote:
  IvanK wrote:While on the topic of bugged submergables, did anyone else experience no submerged bonus defense on the turn the unit is built? Something like this: in SvK build a submarine while swarmer is close by, swarmer attacks from a distance and deals ~4 damage but this turn only and barely 1 on later turns (even is sub stays in naval base). I've seen this issue only in vs AI games since in vs humans I was never in the situation where I'd build a submarine when opponent can reach it.

Send me an unrated game request and we can test it.

Oh and AI cheats, it can see and attack a sub without getting close to it, making submarine vs AI's destroyer bad matchup.

The bots do lots of odd things, they are dumb though and need all the help they can get.
http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/3150.page

Sorry, I thought I'd have some time but real life was not so kind, so no invite yet...

I'm generally OK with AI getting help in otherwise fair games but when playing campaign (player made one) odds are already stacked against you, AI starts with more units and more bases and you have to play a lot more "smarts" cards then in usual vs AI games. When opposition starts spamming destroyers I'd really like to respond with submarines to benefit from more efficient trading. But instead of ship running into your wolfpack, it starts to sniping them from 3 tile range retaliation free. Instead of subs pulling ships toward more subs, ships get to pull subs toward more ships. I don't have to elaborate how subs trade poorly in such situation.
General Discussion » glitch!?!? » Go to message
Ha ha, I'd like to know RNG's internal state for my hobby UniWar AI project. But from game design perspective I'd rather have outcomes independent of the play order. Instead of having one RNG sequence for the whole game, have separate sequence (or just "seed") for each unit.
What's New in the Latest Updates » Version 1.14 coming soon » Go to message
  Tacitblue wrote:Stupid question but, how do you play player made campaigns?

When starting custom online game, go pick map and tap folded paper icon (left from map creator ranking button), it should turn to circle inside circle icon. That will list "campaign" type of maps and you should see "Select mission" at the top instead of "Select map". Technically they are just standalone maps but they are not designed around balanced fight, instead they are meant to be played vs AI and race selection can be limited in a way where you play only certain race while opposition plays other races. Searching for "campaign" in mission name can actually find you multiple maps that are narrative connected and made by the same person.
Khraleans » Khraleans. Youre favorite khralena unit and why » Go to message
  The Impaler wrote:I like salamander, its the swiss army knife for khral!

I agree but I'm still big sucker for pinzers
Bug Reports » Zone of control for sub » Go to message
While on the topic of bugged submergables, did anyone else experience no submerged bonus defense on the turn the unit is built? Something like this: in SvK build a submarine while swarmer is close by, swarmer attacks from a distance and deals ~4 damage but this turn only and barely 1 on later turns (even is sub stays in naval base). I've seen this issue only in vs AI games since in vs humans I was never in the situation where I'd build a submarine when opponent can reach it. Oh and AI cheats, it can see and attack a sub without getting close to it, making submarine vs AI's destroyer bad matchup.
Technical Support Questions » "no video available at the moment, try again" » Go to message
  wookieontheweb wrote:P.s. It would help to know your device, OS and Uniwar version

It's probably not a device or software issues, more likely pyro is at location advertisers are not interested in or some ad bot put him in category with less ads available.
What's New in the Latest Updates » Version 1.14 coming soon » Go to message
Oh, nice! I've been enjoying some player made camapigns, I'm looking forward to some new official ones.
Forum Index Profile for IvanK »» Messages posted by IvanK