[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: JosiahSpeck
Forum Index Profile for JosiahSpeck »» Messages posted by JosiahSpeck
New Feature Request » New turret tile? » Go to message
Great points. Something I like about Uniwar is its simplicity, and I don't want anything in the game that'll go against that. It's difficult to keep a complicated game balanced. I agree with the idea that a turret deactivates when "destroyed", rather than returning to nuetral. To solve the issue of it being technically a tile, maybe when captured the tile allows you to build a turret on it, like a normal base, but with only one unit option. And of course, I'm sure the devs could simply "summon" a turret unit under certain conditions. viz., when the tile is captured. As for something that makes the turret unique/special, I'm not sure either. Besides just making it a super buff wyrm, walker, or battery, I've only got a couple of ideas. There is the dangerous option of giving the turret's attack a debuffing ability, or making it ignore armor but I really can't see that being implemented. Not quite the "Uniwar Simplicity" we all know and love. Then there is the idea of making the turret somewhat weak, but it can attack every unit in its range on its turn. Besides that, I only have a few more far-fetched ideas like only certain units can damage turrets, but not really ones that fit in with the rest of the game. So, once again, everyone post your opinions below.
I was thinking the same thing, actually. Though that might be a little bit too difficult to do both caps with a support unit. One or some of the following might be a good variation of that idea:

One of the caps has to be done with a support unit

A support unit must be adjacent to the turret to fire it

Turrets can only be repaired when a support unit is adjacent/only support units can repair it

If a support unit is used to capture a turret it counts a two caps
Actually, that's a great idea! As for the stats, In my own opinion, they should along the lines of the following:

Range: 3-4

Damage: 10-14 (a little more than a tank)

Defense: 10-14

Let me (and possibly the devs) know your thoughts, everyone! These are just my own opinions, so if you have better suggestions, or just any at all, let them be known!

Thanks again!
Yeah. A couple of ways to fix that might to lower the range or lower the attack rate (i.e., once every two or three turns). Thanks for the feedback!
I (and many others) believe that adding capturable turrets would be a great addition. If they were to work the way I envision, they would work the following ways:

-They would not generate creds

-They would be able to attack one (highly damaging) time per turn, and be very tough. (Similar to a tank)

-Thet would become nuetral again when destroyed

-Maybe to capture, requires destroying nuetral one first, or simply claiming as with the other bases.

Anyway, there's my suggestion.

Forum Index Profile for JosiahSpeck »» Messages posted by JosiahSpeck