[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Duaneski
Forum Index Profile for Duaneski »» Messages posted by Duaneski
General Discussion » Sorry guys, the new "feature" to pay for undo is not welcome » Go to message
  fobos_rus wrote:
  gspy wrote:
PS: just the reason why is a different thread. My issue is not the UNDO. My issue is the paid undo on top of the paid game.

I an totally agree with you, comrad.

If I buy this game from 4$, why I paid for my convenience else 13$!? It's triple more expensive than the game itself!
Aren't you interested that people feel comfortable to play your game?

Devs makes a button UNDO for the price of 1$, but who already buy this game button must be free.

If Xavi goes to the trouble of adding new features to his game, do you feel like you should never have to pay for them?

If he comes up with art work, sounds, and performs testing for new units or new races and wants to be reimbursed financially for that work, would you pay for that?

I bet a lot of new features have been added since you laid down your $4. How many have you paid for???

Now, go play clash of clans. Where everything is locked until you spend $100 or play for years. With no strategical depth or decisions. Yet those developers have piles of money they can swim in.

Xavi spends his personal time developing this turn redo button, and you want him to hand it out for free? Well, sorry to say but that isn't how capitalism or the rest of the world works.

In some ways I can understand your frustration. But mostly it just makes me angry. This game is amazing compared to most of the total garbage out there. And it seems like no one wants to support the game financially.

Nothing was taken away with the introduction of this button. Nothing. Want the new shiny button?? Pay up.

It's very simple.
New Feature Request » New race idea (Phasing Race) *updated 2/25 » Go to message
Alternative archons:

Archon B
Heavy infantry (counts as a GH)
Cost 450
Vision: 3
Mobility 8
GL 8
GH 8
Air N/A
Aq 12
Range 1
Def 12

Charge: this unit gains 3 mobility this turn and +2 to attack this turn. *3 turn cool down.

Overcharge: use only after charge. This unit gains an additional 3 mobility and +1 attack this turn. The cool down for charge is doubled (to 6 turns).

Supercharge: use only after overcharge. This unit gains an additional +3 attack, but loses a health point. Charge cool down is increased to 10 turns and this unit becomes inactive for one turn (like teleport Cooldown)

Archon C
Heavy infantry (counts as a GH)
Can capture bases
Cost 400
Vision: 3
Mobility 8
GL 8
GH 8
Air N/A
Aq 12
Range 1
Def 12

Charge: this unit gains 3 mobility this turn and +2 to attack this turn. *3 turn cool

For the original Archon with the vision skill, I need to add that the Archon using that vision skill would be visible to all units (so killing it via artillery or whatnot could be a viable way to get vision back... That way the Phasing player couldn't just pump out one of those a turn, bricking up because no one can see to shoot at you...

Also: I'm wondering if the cost of the mothership should be reduced to 300 or 350.... And I'm gonna probably want a new name for it.
General Discussion » How to perform **FREE** turn redo » Go to message
  cytivrat wrote:
  Duaneski wrote:
you will have to create this account the first time, of course. This process is quick and easy.

Does this conform with Terms Of Service statement "I will register only one account."?

Very good question. Officially, I do not know. However, the developer is personally aware that many people have multiple accounts, since we do use them both in chat.

I believe the important part of the ToS is the next line in the sentence you are quoting:
"Will not use more than one account in a game or tournament or team" as this would obviously be cheating... Please don't quip about turn redo being cheating. That isn't a discussion I'm gonna engage in :p

Hope that helps. Thank you for the question.
General Discussion » How to perform **FREE** turn redo » Go to message
I've noticed a lot of people upset with the turn redo button. So I wanted the free method to be front and center for anyone who is looking for it.

There are many threads detailing this same thing. There are also threads where the turn redo is discussed as far as pros and cons. I would encourage you to check them out if you have more thoughts. Anyway, what you came here for:

1. Play as normal with your main account until you realize you need a turn redo.
2. Return to Main lobby. Log out of your account.
3. Log in with your alternate account (you will have to create this account the first time, of course. This process is quick and easy).
4 log out of alternate account.
5. Log in with primary account. Your turns are now all reset.

Note: I suggest using the same password for both accounts, this way when changing between accounts you will only need to edit the user name. Also making the user name of your alt account easy to type would benefit you, as you may find yourself typing it quite a bit at times

General Discussion » Sorry guys, the new "feature" to pay for undo is not welcome » Go to message
Hiya

Firstly, thank you for your feedback. I'm not a member of the development team but I am a very active member of the community. And a very big fan of this game.

Now, secondly, and most importantly. This is available as a paid feature - yes - but it is also available for free.

At the bottom of this post I will tell you step by step how to have free turn redo. It IS very easy and I have been using it over the past month. I probably do 20 turn redos a day. That method still exists, and isn't going away any time soon. So please understand that to me, having a button that I can click instead of the old way is a huge convenience, definitely worth some money for me.

Next, there are a lot of pros and cons to be discussed about whether turn redo is in general a good idea. Apparently that discussion has gone on a long time, and personally I am glad I can redo my turns. In some ways it is not ideal, granted. But give it a try playing with it a while before you make up your mind.

***So, with that all said, here is how to redo your turns for free:
1. Play as normal with your main acct until you realize you need a turn redo.
2. Return to Main lobby. Log out of your account.
3. Log in with your alternate account (you will have to create this account the first time, of course. This process is quick and easy).
4 log out of alternate account.
5. Log in with primary account. Your turns are now all reset.

If you have any questions about this process feel free to send me an invite in game.
New Feature Request » New race idea (Phasing Race) *updated 2/25 » Go to message
Update log:
Changed the ball of light unit again. Added charge ability. Reduced charge cool down. Adjusted Orbital stats to reflect charge ability.

Adjusted mothership to simplify implementation into game world. Now only occupies one space. Adjusted cool down of skill. Decreased armor to 5.

Adjusted archon vision ability to be easier to implement into game. Increased archon cost to reflect power of this ability.

Increased tank hunter cost.
New Feature Request » The convergence; new race » Go to message
  Apercent wrote:Hey dausenki you mind if our races swap places? I just realized that
A) pawns can become 5 different pieces in chess if the reach the end of the board and there is 5 different races ( need I go on?)
B). Pawns are the perfect thing for everyone to convert because they are brainless body (it makes sense)
C). Potential, lots of potential, with being able to stack a strategist on top of another strategist and use this to convert things into "super units". ( I have zero ideas on what the units are. All I've got is a vision and a dream ( of a giant robot underling)).

It's OK if you say no.

I just now saw this. I'm not unfomfortable w the idea or anything, but honestly I'm not sure what you mean :p

I think the important things are
1) a race is balanced within Uniwar
2) it brings simple, fun, unique rules to the table
3) rules art and flavor all come together to make a race people enjoy playing as

So that's all I'm shooting for at this point. I feel like I am close on 1, need some work on 2, and a lot lot of work on 3.

Next for my race is to simplify some rules (taking away most likely) .. I think simplification is needed in some of your races rules as well. But I think you're mostly balanced and you're well set at 3.

I think the pyreans need work on 1 and 2. But are exceptional at 3.

Ofc this is just one persons opinion

As far as orders ... I don't imagine I would have a problem w us flipping or what have you. Just again not sure what that means
Love the Q&A

Lotta stuff for me to read through once I get some free time!

As for the Phasers, I don't want them to have a convert ability currently , but if there is
A) a matchup they're hurting in (say, vs Saps) then maybe giving them a marine convert would be an 'easy' bandaid
B) same thing in reverse. If there's a matchup these guys are dominating , then make their units susceptible versus those races support unit. I am willing to go the whole 9 yards there - susceptible to plague, UV, EMP, aaaand reprogram infect and assimilate. I kind of hope the race is strong enough to justify giving them that weakness

But, I don't wanna take your thread in the wrong direction either :p

I feel like I need to go back and look at all of your units again. With the fire race added in there's like, 60+ units in my head I'm trying to keep straight!! :p
  Apercent wrote:Cosmic redemption sounds good. I think it should get an increase of 4 or 5 defense though to make it more valuable.

I was going to be like ". Oh I liked the original better, its got more mobility and better stats". But I realized that, I can capture a base and then use it in only one turn! That's awesome. Honestly though, I feel like it will not be very useful to move twice with the stats it has, I'd just give it the ability to take another turn after capturing a base, and give it higher mobility.

All the same benefits of a marauder at half the price (tho half the mobility too sure ) move up and attack, then move back to be safe for a heal next turn. Or move up and attack twice when needed. Attack then capture in that situation. Def increases the units utility hugely

I like the defense boost at 2. It gives it the same boost a normal unit gets. And you get a credit reimbursement basically. Could move on that later but I like it there now
Changes to aerial zap balls:
Decreased cost from 150->125
Decreased mobility from 15 to 12
Noted they can capture bases
Decreased vision from 4 to 3
Increased GL from 3 to 5
Decreased aerial attack from 5 to 4
Decreased defense from 4 to 3

So: they have great mobility, but no repair ability, poor attack and defense, and they are more expensive than a regular infantry. I think two things:
1 they will still be built because: they're still good against air for their cost
2 they're the best way to capture bases
3 they're a cheap scout type unit all things considered
4 they will be better off surrounding a mothership so they can heal and protect it. Which is what I was thinking with them anyway

Definitely still room to move with their stats or cost, but this is a good starting point I think.

Should give swarmers a run for their money. ... Maybe too much so...

Second round of changes TODAY:

Increased cost back to 150
Decreased movement to 6
Unit now has two actions per turn
Defense increased to 4
New ability: cosmic redemption provides base capturing credit relief (cost to capture a base is closer to 125 now)
  Apercent wrote:So its based on GH attack or health points lost? Even so, I can totally see myself building a bunch of assimilates and healing 4 behind the safety of my wall. I'd beef up the defense or maybe give it a personal repair of 3, so it poses a huge problem to walkers.

The cool down is cool for infantry is good .

If you want them to give 4 and take 7, your probably going to need to decrease the defense. I think a 3/5 rate should work the way it is. Unless you want it to be the other way around, in which case. Give it garuda like defense and 7/6. G.L attack. I can see that tipping the price range, so I think the best thing to do is to keep it the way it is.

You know it should be based upon the attacking units Aerial attack stat, since the mothership is an aerial unit.

You are correct about the balls. I was looking at the GL attack of the other infantry units instead of their aerial attack during. These orbs may have to have a defense of 2, but I am gonna go with 3 for now, but I am going to up their GL to 5. Base defense for infantry is 5-6, but they almost always have a terrain bonus adding +2... The orbs can't get that bonus. They will still be good at air and sea, however. I think I will reduce their cost to 125, so capturing a base doesn't hurt as much.
  waxoid wrote:Didn't have time to read the details but sounds cool. I had similar thoughts about a race that could break some ZOC norms, for example a unit that moves more knight-like, two spaces then one at an angle away, pops there and can attack regardless of ZOC. Interesting for gang-up and creating problems for artillery defense, ideally such a race can be interesting vs. walkers.

Interesting idea for the knight like movement. Could def be interesting.

I thought breaking the ZoC thing would def be a big change. So I wanted that on a couple units. I also wanted to flip which tiles provide bonuses and which provide negative stats... That's gonna be somerhing extra people have to remember, that a swamp tile is all of a sudden good, and a mountain is bad.

A couple units that can ignore ZoC might be okay, but since blocking is such a good and fun part of strategy, I want to make sure that these units are penalized for having that ability appropriately. So, that will be a challenge.

But I certainly believe in the premise of changing things up in those regards. I think there are some fun gameplay mechanics available for this race, but I'm sure a lot of tweaking is gonna be necessary still

Thanks for reading and replying
https://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/convergence-of-cyriss

I like the name convergence

I also liked Protectorate and Retribution.... Maybe I should use one of those for my races names
New Feature Request » UPDATE - New units ! » Go to message
Just reread the OP , since this creates a new unit it is probably not an option atm. But I thought it augments the swarm idea of the bugs so wanted to include it

Khra unit proposal

Necromancer
Cost 150 ?
Can capture bases.
Mobility 6
GL

No attack
0 defense
Repair 2

Special ability
Reanimate - create a skeleton warrior from the remains of the following troops: underling, cyber underling, necromancer, infector, marine, infected marine, or engineer. Range 1-4. May use after moving.

Skeleton warrior
Mobility 6
Vision 1
GL 4
GH 2
Aerial 0
Aq 1
Def 1-3 ish
Repair 1

Can not capture bases.
Does not spread plague. Not affected by UV.
New Feature Request » New Race Idea: Pyreans, Masters of Land and Air » Go to message
Btw wanted to say I love the style and basic theme of your army.

For the slinger are you thinking it will have like a range of 5-6? Or is it gonna be 1-6 with weak stats to compensate ?
Forum Index Profile for Duaneski »» Messages posted by Duaneski