[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Unrated random game?
Forum Index » Bug Reports
J-a-r-n-o

J-a-r-n-o

Something weird just happened. I just won a random game, but I didn't receive any points for it and the victory screen says it was an unrated game. I was under the impression that random games are always rated, so this might be a bug.
The game was called RUBICONCRO R28647 against rromania.
I hope this information helps you.
lion3

lion3

Someone just started a random game against me.

I am rated 2493. They are rated 2269.

Thats grossly unfair. I can only lose points. If I win I get almost nothing. If I lose, I lose max points.

Come on game developers.
Do you want everyone to just turn off random games???
boourns

boourns

Random games used to let you match with someone higher or lower than your rank, but it would ask you if you wanted to proceed. Then the devs made random the only ranked format and that system got overhauled. You got who you got, but it seemed all opponents were closely ranked (It also took away the option to have multiple matchups with the same person).

Now they seemed to have switched back. I am occasionally getting prompted to match with players way out of my range. For example I am about 2050, allowed to match with a 1450 and recently a 2500.
J-a-r-n-o

J-a-r-n-o

That wasn't really what my bug report was about. I was only noting the fact that a random game could be unrated.

The problem of being matched to a player way out of my league hasn't occurred to me yet though. I must say that my score fluctuates heavily between 1800 and 2000 though, due to the fact that I play a lot of rated 1v1v1v1 maps.
That wouldn't explain your match-up with a 1450 player though. That seems to be a separate bug.
J-a-r-n-o

J-a-r-n-o

Oh, never mind. I have had a similar random game now where I was matched up with a player of 1483, while I have 1943. There seems to be something screwy there too.
(CHATOHILL R66153 against gergmacm if that helps)
boourns

boourns

Sorry we hijacked your thread Jarno.

Just an update for the mods, most every random game i start now it is paring me with someone way out of my point range (usually below)
cochise

cochise

Well, I have just been put in a random rated game with a 1533 player, I am 2490... his blue Khrals and I am red Titans on jungle...

I can lose up to 38 pts, yet win zero!!!

Forum Index » Bug Reports