[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Khraleans unbeatable vs Sapiens on Hard CPU
Forum Index » Sapiens
Taqyon

Taqyon

I've tried a hundred times but I can't last 5 rounds vs. CPU. Everywhere in this forum Khraleans are a walkover vs Sapiens, but obviously I'm missing something ?!

Choppers are good, but they're swarmed - two swarmers for each chopper. Marines are useless vs Underling, and Garuda's are just plain unfair.

I play on Android, would that make a difference? I don't have green valley as a map for eg.
Taqyon

Taqyon

Just tried it the other way around. Got my a$$ handed to me still. Guess I simply suck! :p

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 09, 2011 22:52

unatratnag

unatratnag

I believe on hard the CPU actually get's more money then you do. It's rather unfair. Certain maps are just bugged like scramble where you can marine spam garudas and win easily. Other maps just aren't fair since you get swarmed. Alot depends on money you get per turn and how far apart the bases are. This will impact you build order too.

Some maps you can win by just taking a beating, retreating the units before they die and placing a new unit in front. It's not impossible to win it just requires different strategies.
MasonC

MasonC

First a question what map are you playing?
second two swarmers can do not beat a helicopter, even if they get the first turn because the helicopter can do 7 damage in one turn to a swarmer making that swarmer usles.
third a is one of the best units it has a high AA for its cost wich means a marine on forest/mountain can do series damage to air units.
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

Yep, cpu on hard gets more money than you do. kind of a cop out when it comes to developing AI, but I would rather the devs devote their time to more important issues and let the players go against humans online, which provides a much better experience anyway).
My advice: Be a man and play online.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

lantry wrote:
My advice: Be a man and play online.

haha!

...but he is right...

And i suspect the AI to be the same on all levels... the difference is how much credit he gets pr base...
(the AI suck btw... everyone that has played the bot online knows that...)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

I think it's still good practice to try to figure out how to win vs. Hard, you have to create some sort of kill zone so that you can offset the AI's points advantage with your own advantage dealing more damage than you are getting. Good practice for choosing targets, creating shield walls, healing rotations, using and protecting artillery.

Recently I was in another country with no data plan, so practiced on Jungle vs. Hard and it took a couple of tries to win with Sap vs. Khral. That's a fun one and pretty quick.

Actually open question for the group – what's a good challenge vs. AI on Hard? Right now there is only one matchup that I know is a challenge (not that I've tried all combinations), that's Titans vs. Khral on A Forest Walk. Too much space and terrain between bases, and too much forest. I tried a few times, with modified plans was able to hold out for quite a number of rounds but no wins...
Darkspur

Darkspur

It's easy to win vs bot hard on SMALL maps, just spam marines and rush for all the open bases. Then roll out tanks and choppers. A good map for practicing jumping at bases before the bot gets any is mercury. I usually end up with 6 bases while the bot has 2. I use this on all small maps.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Yeah the AI is pretty awful on base-grabbing maps like that – that I don't think is good practice.
boomsnipe

boomsnipe

For a challenge try Marshes on hard Saps vs. Khral. I took it 29 turns but have not beat it yet.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

You as Sap vs. CPU Khral? That's straight ahead good practice for that match. I just tried it real quick, took 19 rounds, so it can be done, and I'm sure it can be done faster. Just basic Sap vs. Khral tactics: build a heli, then marines. try to hit Garuda with marine from forest or base before heli hits it with gang-up. Heli doesn't fear anything else. Build engineer behind; heli is hitting easy targets and bouncing behind marines, heals when necessary. I went to 2 engineers and up to about 3 helis, continuing to trickle out marines who took most of the damage. CPU doesn't fight this match well, attacks marines with Garuda. Beat back the khral and occupy the close base with a heli after killing something sitting on it, then capture that with a marine and occupy the 2nd base. glhf.
amarito

amarito

one playable alternative with saps vs khrals (hard CPU) on marshes is to build very early an artillery and spam marines. it took me 22 turns to win.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Yes. Good practice...

i did it in 19 rounds with only helis and marines.

I think it is possible to do it a little faster, but not much...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Forum Index » Sapiens