[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UNWANTED games
Forum Index » Bug Reports
dVs 1

dVs 1

I'm experiencing a bug which forces me into random games I didn't ask for, and most definitely don't want; every time I elect to enter into a new random game, I'm joined into 3 - 5 additional games. these games are with random races, unlike the one into which I asked to be joined. I suck at the other two races - and I don't have time to be playing 5 - 7 games at a time. I've lost a ridiculous number of points because of this, and end up playing long after the game I requested has ended.

Yes, I've turned off random games, I'm available to no one, and no, it doesn't help. This bug preceded the update, and continues still. Please fix this fast, cuz this was my favorite game 'til this shite started... Now, I don't even want to play it anymore.

(And I'm not the only one having the prob, jfyi - check under tech support.)

kthx

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27, 2011 16:14

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

if you are 2000+ ... this might be those new rules that hasnt been explained yet...

I have experienced this myself.. but not that sewere... i just got one extra.

I tried to do this when also when i had 19 games, and then i got no extra... so that might be a trick....

edit: xavi (one of the devs.?) told me on the chat that the new rules are not in effect, and that they will be discussed before activtated...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29, 2011 00:16

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
dVs 1

dVs 1

Yeah, but no... As per your edit, the 2K bit doesn't apply. before this nonsense, I was consistently gaining points on the daily, and have little doubt I'd have 2K+ if not for the bug - now I'm down to 1775ish, and I absolutely will not join any more games until this crap is fixed. my stats are in the tank.

2 things more;

1.When I first noticed this mess, like you, I was like, "hey, I don't remember asking for that game! and how'd I get stuck with the saps!?" before long it became obvious, and it only appears to be getting worse.

2. A little acknowledgement from the devs would go a long ways towards curing me of the sinking feeling that these devs just don't give a damn about their product.

Wtf
[Avatar]
lantry

[Avatar]
lantry

dVs 1 wrote:
2. A little acknowledgement from the devs would go a long ways

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
but seriously, you are right. The devs shouldn't spend their whole time checking the forums, but you don't even have to respond to what few posts there are, just put up a post now and then explaining what's going on.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 29, 2011 21:12

dVs 1

dVs 1

One would ordinarily take a forum section labeled "bug reports" as implying that the devs had an interest in making improvements... when a paying customer goes to the added trouble of creating an account and posting such a report, some form of acknowledgement is to be expected. I very much doubt that they are any busier than I am, and I'm not getting paid to point out their mistakes... which is to say, I paid for the damn game - not to be a f*ckin beta tester.

Do your damn jobs.
jeremiad

jeremiad

I'm being flooded with random games too. I haven't added any, and it's keeping me active on lie 10 games at a time. I don't mind, as I always play total random, but I'm scared I'll get added to games like a firehose, and can never put the game down or I'll time out on new games.

Also totally agree that the wall of silence from the devs is fucking weak. Guys, wtf? You semi announce mysterious new rules, and then leave everyone hanging? And you need to sit down for a bit and do a but of housekeeping on this forum. At least delete or unstick all the ancient sticky posts and announcements crowing the top.
curmudgeon

curmudgeon

This is driving me nuts. I only have enough time in my life right now to play just a couple of games. Now I can't join random games because every time I do I get the extra 3-5 games, all with the same person too. I just asked one of the people who started 3 unwanted games with me and he said that he requested 3 random games within a minute or so and he not only got 3 games with me but he too got a couple of other random games he did not request. It seems that this is a major problem in the program that regulates random games and not just some kind of odd glitch. On another note, why can't we pick who we wan to play random games against? If the race and map was only determined after both parties accepted, we would not need a program choosing who we play.
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

I had the same problem, though I only got two. It's just plain outrageous when I have to play games that I didn't join with a race that dooms me to fail (Sorry Titans players, but Khrals are just better). To be fair, I'm doing decent on one of the games, but that's because I'm playing Titans vs Titans.
Please fix this issue, because I don't think it's fair at all to make people play games they don't want to play.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
Forum Index » Bug Reports