[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Unfair players
Forum Index » General Discussion
artee

artee

talone wrote: We know, that some random games is unfair(for example dead monk sap vs tit, or scramble sap vs khral and many others. Now it's time yo know players who likes play unfair game.

If you get unfair game, write in chat "unfair! " and offer to draw peace. If your opponent don't want to draw, write his name here. We should know this shameful heroes

And don't forget to write what map was unfair.

I think it's completely fair... it's tactics which are injected into the game after all! If you know that you have a disadvantage, then why choose that race?
NotThatGood

NotThatGood

Im still against those draw-rules, but still what you (artee) write ist just bullsh...uhm...not true.

It's not that one race in general dominates another, it depends on maps and sometimes even if you start or go 2nd. In random games you cant avoid having matchups which are far away from 50-50.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19, 2011 13:47

[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Cpt: "are random matchups with random races worth more points than those where you select a race?"

I believe yes, based on discussion that happened at time of rollout of the new rules, there was discussion that custom games had only 1/2 as many points at stake on average. I haven't verified personally.
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Unfortunately, unfair players became more. Knightmoves - our new infamous 'hero'

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
draka

draka

Life isn't fair

Some maps with certain setups there is clearly nothing u can do to win.

That said let's make one thing clear this all about rating points if it wasn't u could surrender and move on. I don't agree with making peace early for a number of
Life isn't fair

That said let's make one thing clear this all about rating points if it wasn't u could surrender and move on. I don't agree with making peace early for a number of reasons.

1. Some people, especially those of lower ranking won't accept peace so u lose out on a lot off points to those above who do and lose a lot off points to those below who don't.

2. The option was taken away by the game designers as originally u could surrender within 3 turns and lose no points, they also removed maps they consider unfair and I know more changes are to come

3. The whole debate about what is fair or unfair is based on tactics that have been used before I still occasionally see something new (although it has been a few months) and if people don't play games they are unlikely to win the majority of these new tactics will not be seen

I would like to close with one final and very important point as what we are talking about is down to rating points the real unfair players are those with multiple accounts as they can feed points to thier top accounts.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24, 2012 05:50

[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

draka, the great warrior always fair. Unfair warrior is not great.
If your opponent requests to make peace in the first round, the great warrior always agree.
Life is not unfair as long as YOU did not make it so.

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
hydrogen

hydrogen

talone, truer words have never been spoken. to bad most people are in it to win it. I would accept your peace offering if you ever asked for it, and that goes for everyone on uniwar.
draka

draka

Life isn't fair

That said let's make one thing clear this all about rating points if it wasn't u could surrender and move on. I don't agree with making peace early for a number of reasons.

1. Some people, especially those of lower ranking won't accept peace so u lose out on a lot off points to those above who do and lose a lot off points to those below who don't.

2. The option was taken away by the game designers as originally u could surrender within 3 turns and lose no points, they also removed maps they consider unfair and I know more changes are to come

3. The whole debate about what is fair or unfair is based on tactics that have been used before I still occasionally see something new (although it has been a few months) and if people don't play games they are unlikely to win the majority of these new tactics wouldn't be seen.

I would like to close with one final and very important point as what we are talking about is down to rating points the real unfair players are those with multiple accounts as they can feed points to thier top accounts which is why I think only random games now score.
draka

draka

-Talone- How can u say it is fair that I accept peace with u or other hi ranked players and lose out on getting 30+ points only to have some low ranked player who deosnt know this apparent code of conduct refuse me peace there by costing me 30+ points.
I feel slighted that you don't counter any off my points you simply brush them aside withe a broad statement about righteousness which infers I am not a great warrior. I treat all with an even hand and do not request peace when I stand no chance, this is fair.
If you wish to respond please do so to my 3 origional points so this debate doesn't get sidetracked.

-Hydrogen- I do not disagree with talone's first line but I cannot understand how you agree with his last are you greasing up to him for some reason or simply lack judgement. To say "life is not unfair as long as YOU did not make it so" is ludicrous, I would like to see you explain that to the Jews massacred by the Nazi's or to the starving in Africa whilst the excess of those in the west leads the to obesity.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

draka wrote:
I would like to close with one final and very important point as what we are talking about is down to rating points the real unfair players are those with multiple accounts as they can feed points to thier top accounts which is why I think only random games now score.

It is considered to cheat to use multiple accounts to get points by playing ffa, teamgame or somehow transfer points between accounts.

Cheaters risk being banned from the game.

And btw. i agree with you that the quest for absolute fairness is futile. It is better to settle for "fair enough".
One way to make point system reflect skill is to only give points for random matches - the better players will over time accumulate more points, even if a game or two is lost due to minor imbalances.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24, 2012 13:12

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
draka

draka

Error

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24, 2012 13:16

[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I still find this thread ironic because rather than win unfair matchups, talone fed his accounts points from his other accounts. So talone, do you think gaining points from your other accounts is better than beating someone in an imbalanced matchup? I understand that you are a great player, talone, I'll admit that, but "great warriors" shouldn't have to use their other accounts just to bring themselves up to the #1 spot. I'd imagine that the true #1 would be able to get there without any cheating whatsoever.

That's just my two cents ^^

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24, 2012 15:46

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Friends, too much English text for me. Sorry, did not read everything.

The main thing: on some maps it is not possible to win. For example, the Titans can not win Sap in the jungle. If you do not accept peace in such a case, at the request of the opponent, then you get a rating by unfair and shameful way.
If you play with your clone, you do not bring harm to anyone. But by unfair games you harm others, you take their rating by dishonest way. So I deeply repugnant to those players who hurt others for the sake of ratings, using dishonest randomization.

[WWW]
J.C.

J.C.

talone wrote:the Titans can not win Sap in the jungle.

I agree, titans can't win sapiens on jungle, unless sapien player is a noob, or the titan player is too strong for him. For example, i played with vincent0923 and rainbow on jungle as sapien player, and forced them to play as titans. i lost anyway .

That's why i ask to FORCE random games to be played with some races.

For example, on jungle, titans shouldn't be allowed unless they're facing titans. So, the possibilities are the following:
Sapiens vs. Sapiens
Sapiens vs. Khraleans
Khraleans vs. Khraleans
Titans vs. Titans

Titans facing Sapiens or Khraleans shouldn't be allowed in random games.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
rn170uk

rn170uk

I played Jungle against a similar ranked player. I was red titans and managed to beat Saps. I guess I was just lucky.
Forum Index » General Discussion