[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Is Uniwar worth learning
Forum Index » General Discussion
jarbit

jarbit

I am just starting to learn how to play the game. It is a great deal of fun. However, when reviewing the forum comments, it seems like improvements are not being made and the game may be going out of use. I hate to learn something just to have no one playing it anymore. Is there a better game out there that is similar and more popular? Any thoughts?
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Not sure how sales or activity is trending, but it looks the same as always to me, lots of players and certainly enough that you won't run out of them (unless you get really high ranked). And i's a great game, so I say yes you should. The bots problem is a real hassle, unfortunately I do think you should avoid playing online games which include bots. Some people love that, but it's hardly essential. The other problems (like balance issues) in reality only affect a small number of elite players. I'd guess in 99% of all games played online those issues aren't a factor in the outcome at all, it's all player skill. If you expect to be an elite player (e.g. you are a high-ranked chess player and live for this stuff) that might be something to consider, but otherwise it's great fun. And anyway, the devs *have* made some balance tweaks even very recently, so they are continuing to play with that. Oh, and I hear about Android issues but I'm on iPhone so wouldn't know. Really my biggest problem with it is the addiction factor, but you may hear that as a plus.
Evil Jet

Evil Jet

I picked this game up about a month ago and have enjoyed it quite a bit. There is a large community that still plays the game, and it seems to be something that has a niche following. I'm considering creating a game with some of the same turn format as this one. I highly recommend learning this one in the time being

Jet
Forum Index » General Discussion