[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
90 day rating reset! Vote in poll
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Should the ratings be reset every 90 days?
Yes. 28% [ 8 ]
No. 72% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 29
Sphink

Sphink

I've never had a game last 4 months! Most people I play resign when the advantage is overwhelming. And 1d turns or less go pretty quick for me. But I could agree with 180day resets...

Also I did give the option instead of resetting the current ladder/ranking... Add two more ranking systems to go with the current one for a total of 3 ranks. One global (the current ladder/rank), one for team games (popular idea that has been proposed before), and a third for "seasons" that get reset every 90 or 180 days...

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
quanras

[Avatar]
quanras

No - for various reasons, but in particular it messes up random games. Without an accurate gauge of skill people of disparate skill level will be paired up more frequently after the reset. That will get better with time as people move back towards their "true" rating, but then in starts all over again after the next reset.

I would only consider a reset if the game is modified to such an extent in the next round of updates that the old rating system is no longer useful. And even then, just call it Uniwar 2 and start fresh.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18, 2014 13:37

Forum Index » New Feature Request