[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
underlings
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Pvt. Emina

Pvt. Emina

What is the point of having underground hidden creatures if everyone knows they are near. That defeats the whole purpose!
Sphink

Sphink

Hahaha! The "point" is that you gain an attack multiplier from surfacing and attacking a underling. The "purpose" of burried underlings is NOT complete stealth.

I think you would agree that if there were no indications that burried units were nearby that you would win more of your games. And if you played VS khraleans you would lose more games... That makes not showing burried units nearby unbalanced.

Keep playing, you'll figgure out ways to out position your opponet with your burried units. Don't just march them into the back of your opponents base and place them next to your opponents most expensive/weak units. They will be expecting that and position accordingly.

They are great for "mind games" with your opponents. The more you use them (and play against them!!!) the more you'll see their strengths and weaknesses, and how to position/move them with minimal information given to your opponents.

I will give you one small example of how to mess with your opponet: Idk how many times I've surfaced an underling a few tiles away (still in capping distance, but not directly next to) for the sole purpose of making my opponet spend credits at that base to build a unit. That could stop them from getting a plasma tank that round on a different base to stop your attack there.

I know this isn't the answer you wanted to hear... Think outside of the box, don't just put them next to a unit you want to attack and commit them to attacking that specific unit. think mind games... Not just attacking.

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
Forum Index » New Feature Request