[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New tile suggestions to increase diversity of maps
Forum Index » User Generated Maps
curmudgeon

curmudgeon

I would really like to see bridges (tiles where naval units can move through but cannot occupy) and tiles where mechas cannot teleport on and underlings cannot dig through be added to help generate more diversity in map designs.

I understand that these are two major balancing factors in the game, but these tiles could be used to make maps where the base to fight over is far away and/or on an island and you have to move a capturing unit the entire way exposed to attack. Of course these tiles will be incorporated into maps to make them extremely biased, but some really great and balanced maps could be made with them too.
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

shipyards are almost the same. Underlings can't move there and mechs can't teleport. Also both sea and land units can move on it.
curmudgeon

curmudgeon

Sort of. I think it would be better for ships to not be able to occupy the bridges. I would also like to avoid having ships being built in landlocked areas that shipyards are bring used in this manner.
hydrogen

hydrogen

I have an idea if your looking for a new terrain.how does a desert tile sound? On this tile your units will not heal unless backed up by a healer unit. This could add diversity. Im not crazy about the idea, but for those of you who want something new may like it. Doesent have to be a desert tile btw, could be anything. Just seems like wounds would be harder to heal in desert heat. Just my 2 cents.
hydrogen

hydrogen

And one more thing. What do the stars under my name mean? I just noticed them...
[Avatar]
DevilWarrior

[Avatar]
DevilWarrior

How about adding aquatic medical bases for aquatic unit.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 23, 2012 00:12

Tougher the goings, the tougher gets going.
Forum Index » User Generated Maps