[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Gangup bonus
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

btw I verified that directly behind first attacker (range 2 attack) is +1 and not +2. So all differences in the new diagram (from the one originally posted) are verified afaik.
J.C.

J.C.

waxoid wrote: btw I verified that directly behind first attacker (range 2 attack) is +1 and not +2. So all differences in the new diagram (from the one originally posted) are verified afaik.

i don't understand, +2 is given when a unit attacks to the same spot as the unit before.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

JC: please re-read waxois mail... he clearly says range 2 (tile behind attacker)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

@Simsverd. Thanks for feedback. If +4 bonus is really too much, we can reduce it to +3.
AleMolghi

AleMolghi

Hi all,
it seems that this "bug" could create more problems if corrected (invalidating old versions or having players with different bonuses in same match) respect to the problems it actually introduces in games (someone can report one?).
All 1st hour players are so comfortable with it that IMO this is not a bug: it's a FEATURE (Apple teaches )

So, also considering that in more than 1 year a solution has not been released, why not explaining in detail how gang-up bonuses works inside ingame instruction, providing also the diagram, and leave the code as it is?
That's my opinion.

Bye,

AleMolghi
regard87

regard87

I agree that even if the current Gangup Scheme is a glitch it should be left alone.

The "same place" gangup is perfect for Sapiens, the "adjacent" gangup for Kraleans. The Titans can use a bit of everything.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
J.C.

J.C.

I think that the devs wanted to slightly adjust it, making +1 on every place, +3 from the back of the attacked unit, +2 on the attacking spot and +3 also at 90degs left\right.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
kyle kroeger

kyle kroeger

I think earth is right. If a unit is placed in the exact spot where the attacking unit was (only possible with helicopters, speeders, and marauders), then the 2nd unit can often receive a giant bonus (though there seem to have been a few exceptions that I have not been able to undersand).
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

pretty sure it's +2 on same space, not +3?
kyle kroeger

kyle kroeger

You might be right, but when I tested it with 3 helicopters. The damage showed up the same as directly behind and not as much as the 90 degree hexes.
kyle kroeger

kyle kroeger

You were right Waxoid. Here is a finished version of it.
arina

arina

Simsverd, is this last scheme correct?
If so, it will be very cool to add it to in-game manual.
Little Omar

Little Omar

So what are the latest (Sept 2016) Gang Up bonus rules? The help documentation is very vague. Is the chart posted above accurate? Can a veteran confirm?

Is this calculator (http://uniwar.willingham.net) accurate?
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

Little Omar wrote:So what are the latest (Sept 2016) Gang Up bonus rules? The help documentation is very vague. Is the chart posted above accurate? Can a veteran confirm?

Is this calculator (http://uniwar.willingham.net) accurate?

Yes, the chart above is accurate, considering that the previous attacker attacked in melee range. If you attacked from distance, the following attack will always receive +1 gang up.

This calculator is pretty much accurate. There is an app in the Google play store, unofficial uniwar damage calculator, that I prefer to use, although the difference between both are minimal.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

I believe the app store app is out of date with the changes made a few months ago. Willingham's calculator is up to date

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Forum Index » Guides & Tips