[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
TP Semi Final Match1Game 1 The Wall vs Sdrawde(Finished)
Forum Index » Tournaments
[Avatar]
Rainbow

[Avatar]
Rainbow

you just broke all my suggestions for green
I had such a good plan to build Walker and threaten red!
But i'll post it to think what red should do to prevent it:

Tank move to "A" to protect walker from marauda (it can reach green base in one round on left road)

Speeder moves to "B" out of battery's range and to prevent marauda attack on the right road

Mecha on "C" can protect both roads as far as he can be placed in front of p-tank next round or hit from mountain

" target="_new" rel="nofollow">[URL=http://photomonster.ru]

[Avatar]
Rainbow

[Avatar]
Rainbow

I know Sdrawde and TheWall very well, they are my friends, but to not confuse newcomers i'll name them as "red" and "green" here.

This plan is still actual for green. If he'll build walcker then units on "A" and "C" titles will be protected from battery. Also green will control blue base and 6hp marine won't be able to cap it.

[Avatar]
Rainbow

[Avatar]
Rainbow

As red i should cover red base with my battery to prevent Walker. Will be good to hit walker with battery because it is cheaper. Tank will protect battery and take all green's aggression.

If red deside to do it he should hit speeder with marauder. So green won't be able to use 5hp speeder for gaining gang up against red tank.

And i see necessity to build engineer, it will heal red tank and battery after it hit walker. But engineer needs 3 rounds to come up to commotion place, so it should be built asap.

There are two options where to move battery:
1) ordinar - to move battery where tank sits now, tank move forward

"+" battery and tank will be rather far and safe.

"-" Green can withdraw damaged walker to the safe place behind his base

2) aggressive - move battery and tank two titles towards green base.

"+" green won't have any safe titles for walker

"-" i don't see well defined addition threat compareing with ordinar option, but feel it is more dangerous.

However, second option seems to me more interesting.

So, marauder hit speeder and goes back to cover engineer, tank and battery go two titles forward, marine climbs to mountan and then he will be able to cover battery from desert (blue line).
Yellow lines is a track for engineer.

" target="_new" rel="nofollow">[URL=http://photomonster.ru]
vincent0923

vincent0923

Round 5 Ed moved,his maruda attacked speeder and moved marine to empty base,waiting for round 10 to cap.
he didn't build anything and will have 500 next round.

vincent0923

vincent0923

I agreed with Rainbow,i would prefer battery 1 tile further to restrict walker's withdraw path.
Battery attackes walker on base,walker will have -1 in defence,this is critical.
in this case,if green withraw walker and do a assimilator to heal,then red battery will have to move back,or it will be killed.
Ed told me that rainbow's plan was his original plan,but he doesn't want ppl to think he always followed rainbow,so he decided to try something different.
vincent0923

vincent0923

Round 5-2 Thewall moved
WOWOWOWOWOW. the walker finally comes out, thewall will have 200 next round.

My Comment:

If red and green decides to do artilleries exchange. Red will have advantage because battery has +1 attack than walker and green walker on base will have -1 defence.
However,if green retreat and heal it next round.red will lose the battery unless he retreats.
it really depends on how much damage it will be,regarding green retreat position,if we assume red battery attacked walker,there are two options,withdraw to back tile of the green base or west of the green base?
if both artiellaries left 2hp,i will say west base and do a assimilator.
if walker is left 2 but battery left 3,then retreat to back of the green base,in that case,red need to retreat,too.
UV will be so important in this game,if green manage to get 2 assmilator,the P tank will be able to kill red tank in 3 rounds.but red will be able to do more attacking units threaten the east frontline.

Some thoughts about this map, if this game go to game 3, we will make a few changes and comply some small rules to make red/green more balance.Our aim is to provide an interesting game to everyone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06, 2011 01:14

[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

battery doesn't have +1 attack vs. walker, they are both 10 vs. ground heavy, so it's even - walker defense is 5 -1 from base equals 4 same as battery. (Though I suspect raising battery g. heavy to 11 is one decent option for putting more balance into this matchup.)

Marauder has a decent (>50%) chance to do 3 damage to the walker if red chooses to fire battery on mecha and attack...
vincent0923

vincent0923

wox:
Thanks for pointing out,my mistake, i confused myself with their aerial attack/heavy unit attack.I didn't check the defence carefuly either.

Round6 Ed moved, He built a helicopter. now his got 0 left and will be 200 next round.
he attacked the walker with battery,3hp left for both units.
he wants to cap the base in round 10 for sure,can wall prevents it happening?

I m a bit busy with work guys so i may not anaylse much and make less comments until next week.I will still post the screenshot.

vincent0923

vincent0923

Just a quick note

Ed(Red Sap) will be off for 1-2 days.I am a bit busy until the weekend.

Round6-2 thewall moved.built a mecha and 100 left,300 next round.

ed will have more time to play next week.

Regards

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07, 2011 14:55

[Avatar]
Rainbow

[Avatar]
Rainbow

Wow! Such a ridiculous thing: Soli, do you really public this screenshots before they make their next move??
And they can see our thinks and suggestions before they moved?
Then we do bad deal to them - they see at our suggestions and have to do smth else to not look like they follow our advises.

I thought you always show us previous before latest screenshot and that u r so great actor to be seemed like you don't know how they will move )
But you really didn't!
vincent0923

vincent0923

Guys,sorry for the delay.

Ed is back to the game so he will make his move really soon.

Also our 2nd Semi final between Aegis and Johnalei will start soon.
vincent0923

vincent0923

Round 7, Ed moved. he built a marine and withdrew his units to defense empty base. he can cap it in round 10.he has 100 left and will be 300 next rounds.

Thewall needs to find a way to save the empty base, he has only 3 rounds to organize the artillery.

maybe 10 rounds no-cap time limit is too short for titan player.
I have amended this rule in the future game and extended the time from 10 to 13 rounds. this rule will be applied to the 3rd game between thewall vs ed and from the 1st game between johnalei vs aegis.

vincent0923

vincent0923

Round7,Wall moved,300 this round and he built a assimilator,100 left and 300 next round.

My comment:
no suprise thewall need to heal his walker ASAP, i expected he will do another one to heal it.2 assimilators UV plus a 9hp walker may kill the 7hp capping marine in Round 10.

The game so far i feel its in favor of ED, I really enjoy the players play in this level,their strategy is so clear and their moves are full of purpose.1 mistake can really make a big difference.
vincent0923

vincent0923

Round8,Ed moved. Battery hit the 10hp green mecha and heli finished it.he built a maruda.50 left and 250 next round.

Looks like ed want to exchange the base with his heli.what would thewall do?if he realise the UV,then he will not be able to do any unit next round.He should move the walker to the west tile of green base now,plz.
vincent0923

vincent0923

Round8 thewall moved,he built assimilator and hit the heli down to 2hp.100 left and 300 again next round.

Forum Index » Tournaments