[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
v1.0.3 iPhone
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
rolando

rolando

Not working on OS 2? As in 2.2? It was tested using both 2.2 and 3.0.
trogdor

trogdor

Yeah, just upgraded, haven't done the upgrade to 3.0 yet and it just starts to load and then gives a white screen. Sucks, cause I work tech support and normally play while I'm at work, guess no uniwar for me til I go home and upgrade to 3.0 Not sure if it matters that I'm running jailbroken (quickpwn) 2.2 firmware, but hopefully after the 3.0 update (and re-jailbreak), I'll have it back up and running!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 03, 2009 14:18

[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

Why couldn't I just wait for some feedback before updating! Stupid me!

I upgraded to 3.0 now, everything else is working just fine (...search for example, all other games...), but no Uniwar! Only a black screen, it's not even white as with trogdor. So I suppose it wasn't a 2.2 / 3.0 issue but something else. Hope someone finds out soon, couldn't imagine another month until the next update

BTW: My touch is not and has never been jailbroken...
rolando

rolando

Weird...

Try deleting and re-installing?
[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

Just tried it, no effect unfortunately. I'm now completely restoring the device, see if that helps.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Same here black screen. Suck!
[Avatar]
sandymac

[Avatar]
sandymac

I had the black screen when I first updated to Uniwar 1.0.3 but I was able to get Uniwar to work by:
1. Deleting Uniwar from my iPhone
2. Syncing the iPhone
3. Power cycling the iPhone
4. Syncing the iPhone to sync Uniwar back on to it
5. Power cycling the iPhone
6. Starting Uniwar while holding the iPhone vertically and then tilting it to the right when the black screen appeared.

I don't know if all of that is necessary, but that is what I did. The last tilt in step 6 may have been a fluke. Previously for me the screen would change color when I tilted so when I started Uniwar that last time and the screen was black I thought the reinstall hadn't worked. Don't know if I was just impatient or if that was a needed step.
jonah75

jonah75

I'm getting blank screen too. I am traumatized. I was about to win full planet. I am appalled, as I time out on 12 games. I want somebody to pay for this. It is like a dealer getting you hooked to crack then going on holiday.
Anonymous

Anonymous
all you have to do is remove uniwar from your iphone, then add it back by syncing with itunes. what that does is put a fresh copy of uniwar on your iphone as if you were playing it for the first time because all your previous preferences and custom settings will be erased. that's what's causing the update issue.
Anonymous

Anonymous
i still see open games that are rated, but limit your choice in picking a race (.e.g montevideo games created by acs2009). all these open games should be changed to unrated.

also please add some sort of filter so i don't have to flip through 10 pages of montevideo and forest walk to find a good team match. and maybe fix those maps so that player 1 with sapiens can't dominate.
brainiac

brainiac

i like the fix to montevido but i didn't notice any other changes. the new map looks interesting but i was disappointed that no maps were added to solo play. please add more of the online maps to practice on in the next update.
[Avatar]
Robin

[Avatar]
Robin

I want to make a few things clear:

1) Is this "blank screen" a freeze or a crash? In other words, does the application hang on a blank screen, or does it return you to the desktop?
2) What color was the blank screen? I heard one person say it was white. (That's actually important.)
3) If it is white, when did it turn white? Immediately after the expanding effect? Did you see any of the loading screen?
4) I'm guessing everyone who experienced the problem had active online games. But, does anyone remember having chat logs saved?
5) Did anyone have OFFLINE saved games? i.e. Campaign/Solo/VS maps in-progress.
6) Did anyone happen to hear the game music after a while?
7) HOW did you update? Did you update directly from your iPod, or did you download the update and copy it to your phone using iTunes?

Thanks for your cooperation.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 06, 2009 16:19

[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

Hope it helps fixing the problem:

1) Is this "blank screen" a freeze or a crash? In other words, does the application hang on a blank screen, or does it return you to the desktop?

1) It was black for me, returned to the desktop with home button.

2) What color was the blank screen? I heard one person say it was white. (That's actually important.)

2) Pure 100% black.

3) If it is white, when did it turn white? Immediately after the expanding effect? Did you see any of the loading screen?

3) NA, no loading screen.

4) I'm guessing everyone who experienced the problem had active online games. But, does anyone remember having chat logs saved?

4) Chat was reset.

5) Did anyone have OFFLINE saved games? i.e. Campaign/Solo/VS maps in-progress.

5) No.

6) Did anyone happen to hear the game music after a while?

6) Nope.

7) HOW did you update? Did you update directly from your iPod, or did you download the update and copy it to your phone using iTunes?

7) Via iTunes.
[Avatar]
Gargoyle

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

I had the same issue, deleted UniWar, and just downloaded it again on the iPhone (without synching with iTunes) and it now works fine. My only issue is that, since the update, I have had a couple of times when I've saved a chat message that the game has hung on a white screen. Pressing the Home button brings me back to my home page. When I start UniWar again, sometimes the message I saved is there, sometimes not.
magic molly

magic molly

Black screen, no music, not a crash.

This just happened again, after about a week of good use. (i had to delete/re-sync the game to get it to work after update). I think that the issue is with memory clearing from downloading games. The itouch may have a memory usage limit on an app; once you download a turn for your game, uniwar may not be clearing it properly afterwards, causing a backup. After a while, the itouch OS might bitch out and not let the game load. That's my theory, based upon the fact that it just happened again. It is fixed by re-loading because deletion clears all the data forcefully.
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates