[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Battery range
Forum Index » Sapiens
cogger

cogger

Hello fellow sapien lovers! Here is just something About the artillery units to think about. The walker can hit up to five spaces away. The wyrm can attack after moving, making up for lack of range. What does the battery have? A SLIGHT power increase in a few units that doesnt make a difference most of the time. So why not make the range of the battery 2-4, instead of 3-4? The wyrm can deffend at close range, the walker can subdue the attacker before it gets close. I think this would give the battery a bigger part of the sapien army. If there is a balence issue i might have overlooked, please tell me
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

I'm not a Sapien lover, but I agree with this change. When I play as Saps, the fact that the Battery only has a two hex band of range always annoy me. It makes sense for the Walker to not fire at 2 because of its higher max range, but why should the Battery have the smallest range band on top of the fact that is has shorter attack range? The only balance issue I see is the obvious increase in battery usefulness and some counter-damage to Swarmers and Eclipses (They could attack at a range of 1 and take no counter-damage, but that isn't always possible), both of which are fairly minor changes and I would consider them improvements.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
Nuell

Nuell

cogget, +1

i think range of the battery 2-4 would be good

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

I agree,battery is quite useless when I play as sapien.
hydrogen

hydrogen

totally agree 100 percent.
[Avatar]
Toss

[Avatar]
Toss

I'm also agree, the Battery is the worst of the artillery units at the moment.
anonym551653

anonym551653

No it's not,the batteries are my favorite and this is coming from a Titan player. Batteries are balanced compared to walkers while walkers have a bit more defense batteries have more attack. Walker may have more range but what happens when the walker is on a base, that means either move and be able to produce a unit or attack and don't produce a unit. Batteries can do both and are cheaper, that means one more marine on the battlefield. While some complain that if the titans have a lot of walkers your batteries are useless but if you allowed titans get too many you might as well be dead extra range or not.
Forum Index » Sapiens