[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Color changes and an update on the iPhone release
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

Hi all,

The iPhone update unfortunately had to be fixed due to a bug discovered. It was corrected and will be resubmitted for Apple approval within the next few hours. So don't worry, it is coming shortly! Xavi is working very hard to make sure it ships in great condition. (and don't forget Apple is more picky about their releases than Android, which explains why the Apple release is coming a bit later)

There are a few changes to be aware of just so everyone can be on the same page and understand:

Colors and the order of colors have changed depending on the map tile-set. From now on, team colors will be consistent throughout all tilesets in the game so as to make multi-player easier to follow. They will be TEAM 1: Blue, Green, Black, and Teal. (cool colors) TEAM 2: Red, Yellow, Orange, White (warm colors)

Here are the final colors that we use by theme and by player position (note: spring is the original tileset theme):
{ // SPRING
BLUE, RED, // team 1 vs 2
YELLOW, GREEN, // team 2 vs 1
ORANGE, BLACK, // team2 vs 1
CYAN, WHITE, // team1 vs 2
},
{ // WINTER
BLUE, RED, // team1 vs 2
YELLOW, GREEN, // team2 vs 1
ORANGE, BLACK, // team2 vs 1
CYAN, WHITE, // team1 vs 2
},
{ // MARS
BLACK, YELLOW, // team1 vs 2
RED, BLUE, // team2 vs 1
ORANGE, CYAN, // team2 vs 1
GREEN, WHITE, // team1 vs 2
},
{ // VOLCANO
BLUE, YELLOW, // team1 vs 2
RED, BLACK, // team2 vs 1
WHITE, GREEN, // team2 vs 1
CYAN, ORANGE, // team1 vs 2
},
{ // OASIS
BLACK, RED, // team1 vs 2
WHITE, BLUE, // team2 vs 1
ORANGE, CYAN, // team2 vs 1
GREEN, YELLOW, // team1 vs 2

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03, 2012 08:30

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
gares

gares

That is a very bad idea. People playing with different versions see different colors. Communicating is now harder, and all ongoing games are harder to play now. We all may get acquainted to the new colors, but a change like that, with no migration strategy, will cause annoyance to everybody.

Regards

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07, 2012 06:36

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

That will be a "non issue" in a very few days, when apple approves the iOS version.
I play many multiplayergames, and it is just a minor annoyance, not affecting gameplay really...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
Evil Jet

Evil Jet

I agree with Sim. Also, for the off chance that someone is confused its a rather small inconvenience to ask for a name instead of a colour.

All will be well soon
Forum Index » General Discussion