[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Random Games and magnifier
Forum Index » Frequently Asked Questions
Unimarobj

Unimarobj

Hello there. Just two questions:

1. I recently invited a friend to an unrated game on Fortresses, which is a massive map. He says he has a magnifier - but I do not. Is there a reason 2nd Gen iPod Touches don't have it? I know we used to when the game first came out.

2. I believe I asked you about this one in game, Xavi. I asked about why I was being put into random games when I wasn't available to them, and you told me it happens when you set up a random game. That, I understand. However, recently I set up a random game and was then put into 3 random games I had no hand in. I'm just curious why I was put into 3 when I only made 1. A 1:1 ratio would make sense, but 1:3...?

Please and thank you ^_^
J.C.

J.C.

Hi uni! It happens, once i get 7 games this way!
I was less than 1600, i started two randoms and get 6-7, i don't remember very well. I was lucky, because all the games were set against noobs or anonyms, i won easily and got many (unfair) points.

Unfair because i kicked most of them, i got about 100 points... But i lost them. don't worry, i didn't cheat .

I think that this happens when you start a random, and there is somebody's else who starts a random too. But i'm not sure of that, and i never asked Xavi.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

1. Im not sure about the magnifier. What version are you using? (latest is 1.5.13 Android and 1.5.14 iOS)
2. Here is what Xavi has told me about the random games assigned to you :

"The reason why people ends up with several games in the Random games is the following. When you ask for a new random games. Our algorithm enrolls people with the least random games with other people asking for random games. It is based on the ones who have been online recently. We will adjust it in the near future to make it better. "

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

You should definitely change it so that it only gives you games with other people who are searching for them at the same time. At the very least you should make it so that in the extra games you play as the race you chose for the intentional game.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

It just happened again, I joined one random game as Khrals and I got added to 5 more as random races.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
Forum Index » Frequently Asked Questions