[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
individual training with TALONE
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

My point is that you shouldn't be paying for training or charging for training. I wouldn't pay or charge to have chess lessons either! Remember that this is only a game, and the point of the game is to have fun, not to win by using someone's secret strategy. When you start to take a game (any game) too seriously, you need to reorder your priorities.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

droidfreak36 wrote: My point is that you shouldn't be paying for training or charging for training. I wouldn't pay or charge to have chess lessons either! Remember that this is only a game, and the point of the game is to have fun, not to win by using someone's secret strategy. When you start to take a game (any game) too seriously, you need to reorder your priorities.

All life just a game and UniWar is part of your "real" life when you play it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10, 2012 20:20

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

This is a big mistake to think that uniwar is "just a game" but, for example, walking to work or a meeting with your girl or your death is not just a game. ALL of this is just a game, the only difference is in the story, ONLY in the plot.

And there is no gamers in the Game. Even if you think that your are gamers it is not your thoughts, it is Game's thoughts.
So no object, no subject, only The Game. You can name it UniLife or UniLove, or UniWar, name no matter. So play and enjoy.
This is my first unpaid lesson

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 10, 2012 21:37

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Now you're getting into philosophy. You say that there is no meaning to life beyond playing the "get the most stuff" game or the "have the most fun" game, but I believe that there is true meaning to life. Open up your eyes, science tells us that the universe had a beginning (the big bang) therefore something outside the universe (God) must have created it. I play UniWar for fun, but I live my life in service to the one who created all of us, and how each of us lives life will determine where we spend eternity.

I won't force my particular views upon you, but I wish to open your eyes to the most important question of existence, that has true meaning in your life: Who is God?

Have you ever searched for the truth about God, whether he exists and who he is? I challenge you to do so, because if God exists, he deserves far more of your attention than any game does.

[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

droidfreak36 wrote: Now you're getting into philosophy. You say that there is no meaning to life beyond playing the "get the most stuff" game or the "have the most fun" game, but I believe that there is true meaning to life. Open up your eyes, science tells us that the universe had a beginning (the big bang) therefore something outside the universe (God) must have created it. I play UniWar for fun, but I live my life in service to the one who created all of us, and how each of us lives life will determine where we spend eternity.

I won't force my particular views upon you, but I wish to open your eyes to the most important question of existence, that has true meaning in your life: Who is God?

Have you ever searched for the truth about God, whether he exists and who he is? I challenge you to do so, because if God exists, he deserves far more of your attention than any game does.

nice
Do you think, that God is a Person that look into you from heaven or out of "big bang"?
I think, that God is EVERYTHING and he is not a Person, he has no personality, he is everything and everywhere (especially in UniWar), so you are the God, i am the God, UniWar is the God and many other things are God, this are not different gods, this is all ONE single God, ONLY God exists, all around is he's dreams

[WWW]
cogger

cogger

What an interesting turn this thread has taken.
thrust

thrust

Talone's problem isn't that he's charging for game training, it's that he picked a game with a community as small as this one. If he intended for Uniwar to be more successful or more popular you would think he would want to do this stuff for free.
[Avatar]
Wrath Of Sid

[Avatar]
Wrath Of Sid

Philosophy, by Sid
 Filename trollface.png [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  0 time(s)

Sanity is for the weak!!!
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Back to our serious discussion talone, what you believe is called Pantheism, and in light of modern science it is absolutely ridiculous. You claim to be God, yet you have no supernatural power. How could you or any part of the universe create the universe? The universe is not self-existent, science has proven that the universe had a beginning, so something outside the universe created it. Thus, a real God that is not anything inside the universe exists. It may be a scary thought, and many have denied it, but each of us is held responsible to a higher being.
As to whether God is personal, I believe he must be, because humans are personal and personality does not come from impersonal forces. Think of it this way: Why would an impersonal force create personal beings, or even anything at all? An impersonal force has no direction unless a personal being has given it direction. A robot (a impersonal device) does nothing unless a human programs it, in the same way an impersonal God would never create the universe, it would just sit there doing nothing.

[WWW]
Evil Jet

Evil Jet

One thing to remember is that in a religious discussion, the speaker will believe his views more strongly than almost every other topic.

This thread is now very far off topic
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Yes, but a basic philosophical discussion is also very important, because one's basic philosophy (In my circles we call it one's worldview) determines their views on other topics. This discussion arose because our conflicting views were traced back to the source, our conflicting worldviews.

[WWW]
[Avatar]
Skar

[Avatar]
Skar

So typical Sid.

@Droidfreak I believe Captain Engrish is actually claiming to contain a very small portion of your 'god', as opposed to claiming that he actually created the universe.

Which would be stupid.

Because then, instead of some dude on a cross, religious people would worship some dude with a spider on his head.

Now, just to jump into this ridiculous philosophical debate, I could turn round to Droid and tell him that the concept of God at all is ridiculous in light of modern science, so you have no right to tell talone that his belief has been disproved in the light of modern science. And seeing as my roommate is majoring in philosophy I know what I'm talking about. If you express the mass of talone as a percentage of all the mass in the universe, you're going to run out of standard form before you even approach the correct value, such is its minisculity. Even if god was as all-awesome as you religious types claim at that level he would be so diffuse that any god-like powers conveyed upon Mr. Talone here would be completely undetectable because of how thinly spread His supernatural hoodoo is.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16, 2012 04:50

Nothing says 'Carpe Diem' like beer made of beer.
Fact.
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

@Skar: You say that the concept of God is ridiculous in light of science, but my extensive experience on the subject has shown otherwise. Many events, such as the big bang, the origin of life, and the Cambrian explosion are unexplainable (not merely unexplained) by natural processes. Delve into advanced cell biology (I recommend "The Cell's Design" and "Signature in the Cell") and you will discover that life is much, much too complex to have arisen by chance. The concept that life arose by chance is the ridiculous point of view! The only reason why the myth that science challenges God is perpetuated is because the scientific community is dominated the the worldview of Naturalism (also known as Modernism), which denies the existence of God. Watch the movie "Expelled" to see what happens when serious scientists challenge Naturalism. Proponents of Intelligent Design are kicked out of the scientific community because they simply propose the theory that life was designed and they never get the chance to publish their evidence in scientific journals.

As to the assertion that Talone is only a fraction of god, my point still stands that Talone has no godlike powers, and neither does anyone else. In fact, no element of the universe possesses godlike attributes. How could the universe, composed of many non-godlike elements, take on godlike powers and create itself? Nothing creates itself, let alone something as inert as the universe. The universe may be huge and difficult to comprehend, but it never does anything beyond what is dictated by the laws of nature, which are studied by science. Miracles are not performed by the universe, they are performed to the universe by God.

[WWW]
[Avatar]
Skar

[Avatar]
Skar

It's like arguing with a rock. Although I am enjoying your attempts to claim that modern science supports intelligent design. All these things are perfectly explainable by modern science, it's just that they don't teach it until college. Ask Sid, he's a cell biologist.

But consider this. It is irrelevant how small the chance of life evolving to this level of complexity on Earth is, we live in an infinite universe where if it is possible, it will happen. Did you know that there is a miniscule percentage probability that a black hole will spontaneously create an elephant in a space suit?

Nothing says 'Carpe Diem' like beer made of beer.
Fact.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Skar, making fun of people for their non perfect english while english ISN'T their native language is kinda silly. If you want to make fun of talone try to be a bit more creative.
Also, you have a tiny percentage probability that, if you flung yourself into a wall, you'd go right through it.

This discussion is silly, oh well carry on..

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Forum Index » General Discussion