[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Countering the Speeder/Mecha Rush
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
peacemonger

peacemonger

I'm facing this one guy who only plays Titans and pretty much always does this one strategy on small to medium maps. He builds 1 or 2 speeders and moves them into my area ASAP to lift the fog. Then he builds all mechas and teleports them surrounding my bases. He'll also build and teleport an eclipse if he can. He'll do this on a map like Chato Hill where he can get 3 mechas to surround one of the side bases.

I'm struggling with a good counter to this. As Khrals, I really need to build a pincer on the surrounded base since there's no cheap ground heavy like a marauder or speeder to counter 3-4 mechas. But if he has enough mechas to surround two bases, I will never have 900 credits lying around to build 2 pincers. As Sapiens, an engineer will only reprogram 1 mecha before he can kill the engineer, so I feel like I'm trading 200 credits for 100 credits. I also have the option of a marauder or tank to beat up the mechas. If I also build something on another base to help, he'll teleport mechas or eclipses to block me.

Anyone come up with a good strategy to combat this?

Evil Jet

Evil Jet

Invite Evil Jet into a game, and you play Titans in this manner, I'll play Khral, and I'll work on a strategy with you.

-Evil

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10, 2012 10:00

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

mass mecka teleports are very rarely sucsessful vs good players...

Easily countered by having units nearby that can weaken them when they are in cooldown. Its better to wound 2-3 ported meckas than killing 1 - because the wounded meckas then block for furter teleports and are easily killed the next turn.

Khral has so many good options... pinzer ofc, but also buried lings and swarmers..

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

The key to winning this scenario is building some good units before the opponent teleports in. If the enemy is able to build a few Speeders and bunch of Mechas you should have plenty of money to spend before they attack, try building Swarmers or Marauders, they are fairly cheap and are good against Mechas and Speeders, you could also build Tanks/Pinzers or infantry. Playing as Khals vs Titans, building an early Pinzer or two is usually a good idea anyways, because Pinzers are strong against virtually all Titan units.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

You can invite me to a game as well. This really isn't difficult to defend against. I'll demonstrate if you want.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

ants are your friend vs. Titans, and they are perfectly happy to munch on mechas in cooldown...
Forum Index » Guides & Tips