[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Titan race need help!!!
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Here's an idea that is unrelated to most suggestions that might help. Why not reduce the negative effects of terrain on Titans? Many Titan units apparently hover, so it makes sense for them to skim over terrain without slowing. This could help Titans in maps full of terrain where they struggle to compete against air units. On a related note, why not make Walkers capable of climbing over mountains? Those legs must be good for something, and that would make playing as Titans in mountainous maps much more bearable.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Yes, the main issue of titan trouble is it get heavy disadvantage in jungle and mountain.
I think the quick fix of this is changing classification of speeder to ground-light unit.
But a bit increase its defend stat to make it the same quality of today's speeder.
With the same mobility of 16, this ground-light speeder will be able to move 2 block in mountain, 4 block in jungle, and move after attack.
Also it become stronger in jungle and moutain !
This should be good for hurting aerial units which try to ambush from jungle and mountain, knowing titan have troubles with these terrains.
butz

butz

I think these are good from the dicussion:

1) Speeder - ability to move over mountain or water. (for water, ability to move across it but not stay on it?)
2) Eclipse - healing increase to +3.

I think these are sufficient...but if you want to make titans more versatile and more of an offensive race, maybe increase the Plasma tank mobility to 7.

I say leave the defense for Assimulators at 0, that's the whole beauty of it is that is not that expensive, it's very useful, and can be 1-hit killed. Perhaps a new ability to the assim is the force field idea.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

You guys do realize +3 repair rate would be a first in this game? I don't understand how eclipse are bad units, they rip almost every unit to shreds, save for speeder, marauder, artillery and heavy units. +3 repair would worsen even further their turtling capability which is already way stronger than any other race.
+2 would be possible, +3 is just asking for imbalance. Also talone, moderators don't just "call" Xavi where they want, be a bit more respectful would you?

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
Toss

[Avatar]
Toss

And I really dont understand why titans should have another boost. Does the walker and their ship range arnt powerful enough? I mostly play Saps and I really cant blast through plasmas supported by walkers.. and if the game is going on, on a map with small choke I'm always in trouble. The helis are expensive and cant reach the walkers in one turn.. and this results in them being shoot down. The marauders cant break though plasmas and tanks are to slow to move to them.

As you can see.. every race is in trouble in some situation.. and let you remember that eclipses and mechs have teleport ability - now that's fkn ridiculous. I understand that they are the most tech race and they can have such thing, but why Saps don't have dropships that could transport infantry and tanks across land, just to even thing up?

I think that the key feature that will help balance things up are adding more specialized units.. to help player counter enemies tactics.

Cheers!
Nuell

Nuell

+4 HP for Eclipse with assimilator?
my god, air destroyer
Forum Index » General Discussion