[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Possible Race Idea (Enyalios)
Forum Index » New Feature Request
savior59

savior59

Highly Techonological, Highly Trained, Hightly advanced, these galactic warriors have spent countless years fighting the Titans. Being geared towards fighting Titans, they have arrived at Earth to bring balance to the world. However, things soon turned worse when rare materials to the Enyalios were discovered on Earth, and soon after, they began fighting against all races.

PROS: Powerful Units, that have a moderate mobitility, this race is adept at wiping out ground heavy units along with having some of the best defenses in the game. Also, this race is extremely adept at passing through and mingling in with enemy forces, which can break walls and cause major disruption "Reconstructs" Khraleans, "Brainwashes" Sapiens

CONS: Although powerful, they tend to lack a strong anti-air unit. Also some of their units may heavily rely on special abilities, which can have a long cooldown. Gets Bribed by Bandits, gets "Carboned" by Titans.

Trooper; Typical Ground Light unit, has Jetpack ability (enables the unit to "hop" over 5 spaces, but replaces a move/attack)
Mobitility: 8 Repair: 1 Vision: 4 Actions: 1 Cost: 100cc Ability Cooldown: 7
Ground Light: 7
Ground Heavy: 4
Aerial: 3
Aquatic: 3
Defensive Strength: 4

Techie; Common Support unit, also has "Jetpack ability" (only hops over 4 spaces, in a pose to the Trooper's 5)
Mobitility: 6 Repair: 2 Vision: 2 Actions: 1 Cost: 225cc Repair amount: x2
Ability Cooldown: 7

Seeker (Strikers); A high-mobitility ground heavy unit, capable of reaching far ranges. Has *EDIT* "Strike" Ability (Does an extra 5 damage vs Ground heavy and Aquatic units, but this unit also loses 5 defensive strength during the boosted attack.
Mobitility: 14 Repair: 2 Vision: 5 Actions: 1 Cost: 275cc Ability Cooldown: 9
Ground Light: 7
Ground Heavy: 7
Aerial: 6
Aquatic: 6
Defensive Strength: 7

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at May 01, 2012 19:03

savior59

savior59

Devastators (Fighters); A strong aerial unit that has the "Bolt" ability. (Enables the unit to defy all ground light and heavy zone controls, enabling it to cross over lines of ground units with ease. Support and Aerial units stop this zone control passage)
Mobitlity: 10 Repair: 1 Vision: 6 Actions: 2 Cost: 450 Ability Cooldown: 8 Range: 1
Ground Light: 9
Ground Heavy: 9
Aerial: 9
Aquatic: 9
Defensive Strength: 9

Dreadnaut; Powerful ground heavy units, exceptional at defense.
Mobitility: 6 Repair: 2 Vision: 3 Action: 1 Cost: 550
Ground Light: 10
Ground Heavy: 9
Aerial: 5
Aquatic: 10
Defensive Strength: 16

Screacher; A powerful, long ranged artillery unit
Mobitility: 6 Repair: 1 Vision: 4 Action: 1 Cost: 650 Range: 2-4
Ground Light: 10
Ground Heavy: 11
Aerial: 11
Aquatic: 10
Defensive Strength: 4

Cruiser; Aquatic unit *EDITED*
Mobitility: 12 Repair: 2 Vision: 7 Action: 1 Cost: 900 Range: 1-2
Ground Light: 13
Ground Heavy: 13
Aerial: 13
Aquatic: 15
Defensive Strength: 15

This message was edited 10 times. Last update was at May 01, 2012 19:09

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Wait... What happened to the unit ideas me and Skar came up with? I was the one who invented the Enyalios in the first place, and Skar posted about them in the backstory. I see some of them, but here's the complete list. (These are my ideas which include some of Skar's ideas.)

Trooper (light, 100 credits): Humanoid unit with a jetpack and a gun.
Similar stats to other infantry units, but maybe less mobility on open ground due to the heavy jetpack.
Ability: Jetpack (a.k.a. Jump) - Allows the Assault trooper to jump over up to 4 hexes of terrain (like moving up to 5 hexes, except it can jump over water and difficult terrain) This ability takes the place of moving and attacking (Trooper cannot move or attack before or after Jumping) and has a cooldown of 1 turn after the turn it is used.

Medic (light, 250 credits): Humanoid unit with a jetpack.
An unarmed and lightly armored unit that has a x2 heal bonus (also heals 2 itself) and has a jetpack ability like the Trooper. These units are able to follow Troopers into difficult terrain to heal them and can quickly deploy to heal heavier units.

Striker (heavy, 300 credits): Similar to Speeder.
A light, fast tank that can speed into enemy territory and attack enemy vehicles. It has a medium attack against all units.
Ability: Strike - Allows Striker to deal massive damage in a single attack (18-20?), but leaves Striker stunned for a few turns. This almost certainly leads to the Striker's demise, but it allows the Striker to destroy all but the heaviest units. This is how the Enyalios took down Walkers quickly.

Fighter (aerial, 400 credits): Like an X-wing?
A fast aerial ship that can deal significant damage to most units. Stats may be similar to Garuda.
Ability: Missile - Allows Fighter to deal a heavier attack (12?) to aerial or heavy units. This ability has a cooldown of a few turns and replaces an attack. It basically adds potential to deal more damage in the first attack of an engagement and every once in a while after that.

Battletank (heavy, 550 credits): Similar to Plasma Tank.
A slow, heavy tank similar to the Plasma Tank. It has slightly lower attack but it has heal 2.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Zapper (heavy, 650 credits): A hovering base like the Plasma Tank but instead of a turret it a bundle of over-sized antennas.
This artillery unit does not directly attack other units, it induces a lightning bolt to strike them instead (fun attack animation). It has a range of 1-4 and a heavy attack, but it has light armor and cannot counterattack. (no attack after move)
Ability: Thunderstorm - Attacks a 7 hex area with medium damage and a cooldown.

Cruiser (800 credits): Futuristic battleship
This unit is heavily armored and deals heavy damage (18 vs aquatic?) at close range (1-2). It is fairly fast (12 mobility), but due to its lower range it usually can't attack first, relying on its armor to catch the blow.

[WWW]
savior59

savior59

Please man don't get me wrong! I love the ideas that you and Skar posted, and I love how you created this race! But I honestly think that some of the abilities/units might be a bit OP (Example: a 300cc unit is able to do a massive amount of damage to a specific target? I think it would be unfair for that to happen, what if this is used on a plasma tank? That's a 300cc unit doing extreme damage to a 500cc unit, and I can see people just spamming this specific unit).
Also, those "X" wing units sound good, but also a bit OP due to their ability (12 extra damage), along with a 650cc Artillery with 1-4 range also having a special ability.
I really don't mean to shoot down your ideas, and please dont get me wrong I LOVE your ideas, but please also think a bit more about gameplay and balance with ALL the races both real and fake (by fake I mean the Rouge Sapiens idea).

P.S. Dreadnauts were in the story, and I think it sounds abit cooler than "Battletank" (that's just my personal opinion though)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25, 2012 16:03

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

The point of the Strike ability is to destroy Walkers and other weak units in one hit, with the intent being that the Striker is also destroyed during the cooldown time. It's true that a Striker spam could deal lots of damage initially, but it could be easily destroyed during the cooldown by a proper response, especially if they attack Plasmas and take heavy damage in the first attack. Maybe the price could be increased to 350 to make that eventuality less likely, because you'd basically sacrifice 2 Strikers (600-700 credits) to kill one plasma (500 credits). Maybe the Striker could automatically die after the attack, so no response is needed to take out the cooling down Strikers. Also, the intent of the missile ability is not to add 12 damage, an attack of 12 only does about 6 or 7 damage to a Heli or Garuda. Eclipses deal that much damage every turn and can attack at a range of 2. Maybe the damage should be reduced or the price increased, but then again maybe you're right and the ability should be removed. I'll admit I went a bit overboard on the abilities, but the point of adding new races is to make the game more interesting.

[WWW]
savior59

savior59

I like where your going with the whole idea of destroying walkers, and yea, maybe "strikers" should recieve that damage bonus ability, but it should not be enough to 1 hit kill a walker. Severely damage; YES but 1 hit kill, I can see hundreds of people QQing about that. Perhaps if it gave the unit a +5 Ground Heavy and Aquatic bonus damage it would be good, and instead of being disabled/killed, it would simply loose 5 defensive strength (In that case, it more favorable to use them vs walkers in a pose to tanks.)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 01, 2012 19:08

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

The reason why I want it to 1 hit kill is because you're unlikely to get it behind enemy lines in the first place and you're very unlikely to get two of them back there. I suppose you could finish the Walker off with artillery strikes, but too many times I've attacked a Walker with a single Underling only to have it heal behind a wall of units. Two Underlings can kill a Walker if it is left open on two sides, and that's easier than getting a more expensive Striker back there. Maybe the Striker could ignore zones of control to make it easier? Or here's an idea. Maybe the Enyalios artillery could have a special ability that allows it to fire weakly at range 5-6 or 5-7. That would allow them to outrange and destroy a Walker for every 2 or 3 of their artillery, but Walkers would still have a range advantage most of the time.

[WWW]
savior59

savior59

I do like the idea where the "strike" ability would also enable the unit to defy all Ground Light, Ground Heavy, and Aquatic Unit zone control (Except support units, those units should block the "Strike" ability).
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Gets bribed by bandits? Sounds legit.

I do like the idea of devastors,but that sounds like it's gonna suck for titan

Troopers sound a bit over powered, I'd put them at 3 spaces rather than 5

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 27, 2015 21:00

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think you should take your pirate race and this race and combine them together. Take the best units from each race.

Also, try to keep a style in mind. For example, Titans have a long range weapon and many slow units, so they have a defense style

Sapiens have a sort of maneuvering style, they work sort of like boomerangs behind a shield (tank /marine)

Khrals has a swarm style, they just outnumber you.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 29, 2015 13:46

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

For the striker, I have an idea that may make both of you happy:

Have it ignore ZoC.

Assuming it is a high mobility unit such as a speeder, this would allow it to be a very good piece for taking out support units of any type, but also walkers.

I think to compensate for this awesome ability you would want it's overall stats to probably be closer to marauder than the speeder, though?

I was also thinking for the infantry, would it make sense to increase their cost to say, 150, and allow them to jet pack and attack in the same turn? This would allow for a lot of "fun" shenanigans with this unit, and having increased cost sets them apart from other infantry in important way

I also don't see why the medic costs 250... The ability to jet pack into range quickly is important..... Would it also have the abilities listed above to steal K and S units? Or does it just heal?
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Hah so the next thing I read is the air unit w ignore ZoC of course :p

Your air unit seems OP to me. Stats like a helicopter, plus that ability, for 450. Well maybe not op maybe just too cheap IMO

likewise I don't see why the screacher costs 650?

I would like to see either:
Have it have a defined role such as two attacks or move and attack same turn (lower attack strength to compensate)
Or
Make it a long range unit disabling device (range 2-5 let's say) .. It can shoot a non damaging shot at anything in its range that acts like a 1 turn EMP but does no damage. Keep the cost at 650, and it can make a walker (IF it gets the first attack). Otherwise it can disable a plasma. Getting the unit cost and defense and mobility right for this idea would be critical ofc

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Or give the screacher a medium defense and good GH attack and crap everything else and just make it a tank hunter... :p
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think you should mix races. Your races would work so well together

Edit: actually never mind.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09, 2016 15:53

Forum Index » New Feature Request