[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New maps in ranked
Forum Index » General Discussion
argon steele

argon steele

Gosh, I've finally been able to get my ranking up by learning to play khraleans, setting up the games so I go first, and scrambling for bases! Now you guys want to ruin all my fun!

Seriously, I have no problem with only higher ranked players being able to rate. In fact it's kind of a reward for becoming good. This isn't a democracy, our goal is to have the best user experience ( for all players) and that means a very effective filtering system. The map situation is out of hand, still too many duplicates and early versions, what will happen if the iPad version ever actually comes out...

I don't know why you guys care about your rankings so much anyways.
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Here's my idea.

1. Best method to decide wether the map is balance or not is using statistics.
It's straightforward, a matter of fact.
No need to test maps, because so many players already played them.
All you have to do is just collect the data.

2. Balance maps may not fun, and funny maps may not balance.
Then players should still able to vote maps.

3. Fun feeling of high or low rank players should count as equal.
Just like rich or poor people have the same 1 vote in election.

So, we have 2 factors : fun and balance.
I think maps should order from top to bottom according to fun factor vote by players.
But only maps with balanced statistic should be classified as rated maps.
For me, maps which players of any races, move first or later, have at least 30% chance to win, are OK to be classified as rated map.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

"I don't know why you guys care about your rankings so much anyways."

So the game can rotate you through matches against the right (or more right) opponents.
[Avatar]
Fool

[Avatar]
Fool

As a genuine question we went from no player made maps being available for rated games to all being available. Is it possible to have some kind of vetting system? I.E. your player made map is not available for ranked games until it has been approved - either by getting a certain amount of thumbs up or by offering it up and having it play-tested and discussed here on the forums?
I know that would still be a huge job but maybe you could try something similar but the other way around where people highlight maps that are broken or unbalanced so they can made so they can only be played unranked? (though that does not solve the problem of people then making the same map with tiny changes).

Of course I have no idea if this is even possible......

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."
__GabZ__

__GabZ__

Too many of the maps which have been voted in accentuate the imbalance of the races to new extremes.
Forum Index » General Discussion