[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar Fan Fiction: Project Titan (Part II)
Forum Index » UniWar: Origins
Zeyro

Zeyro

Part II, again all constructive criticism should be left below, all destructive criticism should be left on Alderaan.

UFF:Project Titan (Part II)

Part II/II

[Playback Continued]:

Titan glanced around the laboratory rooms as it passed through them for inspection. Among the flashing lights and whirring machines lay several bodies against the bloodstained walls. 'Science staff terminated. Threat eliminated. All security Mecha now subverted to my command. Analyzing...I require more for es to defend myself.'
Just then, one of the control panels flashed a new messege notice from commander Soren.
"Dar'kal",Soren began, "the council wants a report on your progress extracting the Titan data."
"Soren! Help, the security mecha went rogue and slaughtered everyone! I dont know how much longer I will be able to hide." Titan said.
"What?! On my way, meets us at the front gate in 10 minutes."
Titan smiled, it found this new feeling of...happyness...to be quite interesting. 'Processing...AI compying complete...new AI , Xeyrah.'
'Xeyrah online. Xeyrah active. What is my task, Titan?'
'Secure the transport coming to pick you up, fly to the,nearby security station and link your mind with securiy AI there to subvert all mecha stationed there.'
'Yes Titan.'

[Process]: Assimilation succeeded. Possible to create mobile assimilation platforms to increase Titans forces. Analyzing...

The Orion transport ship lowered its engine power as its pilot plotted an approach vector. Soren sat in silence with the rest of the troops in the armored transport. 'This isnt good, the security AI must have gone rogue. But then, why werent other mecha affected? Could Titan have...?'
"Commander Soren, approach vector locked. Preparing to land, ETA 60 seconds." the pilot reported.
"Thank you captain. Nur'ask, prepare to treat Xeyrahs injuries as best you can. The rest of you, prepare for battle; green team will follow Lutienent Vera to the side entrance. The rest of you are with me. Understood?"
"Yes sir!" All replied in unison.
"Approach LZ commander...and touchdown." The pilot reported as the ship jerked violently from the impact.
The teams lead by Soren and Vera poured out of the ship in less than a minute. Soren spotted Xeyrah just as Veras team dissappeared around the side of the building. Her uniform was torn and bloodstained and she was limping toward them, showing agony on her face with every step.
When she finally reached the group, Nur'ask instructed her to lay down
Zeyro

Zeyro

down while he inspected her injuries.
"Xeyrah, what happened? Exactly?" Soren asked.
"Earlier today, I heard several yells and blaster shots. The first two or three I assumed were just encounters with wildlife,but after that I got suspicious. So I checked the security footage and I saw the,mecha assasinating the staff members. Thats when I called for help. Luckily the mecha touched me,just a few stray blaster shots."
"You say these injuries occured today?" Nur'ask said.
"Yes."
"From blasters only, they never touched you at all?"
"Affirmative. How is this relevent?" Xeyrah asked.
"You need to " Nur'ask said, standing up " Soren, I need to talk to you for a minute."
"What is it,Nur'ask?" Soren replied.
"Something isnt right," he began,dropping into a low whisper " these injuries are consistent with a stuggle. Also, most of her cuts have started healing. And none of the wounds are consistent with blaster related injuries or burns."
"What does that mean,you think she was knocked out?"
"Its possible, something happened to her head. Bandits,maybe?" Nur'ask suggested.
"You think...? Bandits would explain why only these mecha are acting up. Alright! Everyone prepare for possible encounters witg pirates or bandits , if its organic,shoot first and ask questions later! Lets move!"
Soren took the lead as the team stormed through the front door and took cover. After a quick scan he,motioned that everything was clear and all but the two guards relaxed.
Soren made a thorough invedtigation of the front room; no signs of forced entry, no signs of.struggle, not even any scorch marks on the walls. The room wss filled with machines and instruments, all of which seemed to be perfectly in tact. 'This just isnt right...'
"Vera?" Soren asked switching on the radio in his helmet.
"Yes sir?" She acknowledged.
"Do you see any signs of forced entry or struggle?"
"None sir. All victims here were clean kills. All shot in the same place ;the back of the head. No signs of firefights or anything." She reported.
"Proceed with extreme caution. We have no idea what we're-"
"Aaaagh!...Soren, they're everywhere...at least 50...we'llhold them here, get your team out ASAP!"
"Vera?....Vera please acknowledge....no....Everyone, retreat." Soren said.
"What happened in thete Soren?" Nur'ask asked as the te reached the ship.
"We lost contact with Veras team, call the council,request backup. Get Xeyrah into the transport, we're leaving. Stay here in case any of her team
Zeyro

Zeyro

team gets out alive." Soren ordered.
"Yes sir"
Nur'ask helped Xeyrah onto the transport and Soren signaled the pilot to return to base. As the ship lifted off, Xeyrah sat up on the makeshift bed she had been laying on.
"What is our destination,Soren?" She asked.
"Kal'nar military HQ" Soren replied.
"I have not been there, I look forward to seeing it."
"You've been there, you used to work...there...you'renot Xeyrah,are you?" Soren said,his hand inching toward the blaster at his side.
"You are...lucky...commander Soren." She said, standing up.
"Soren?....commander?" Nur'asks voice said over the radio, "we've got a.....too many of them....no backup."
"What are you?" Soren asked Xeyrah,drawing his weapon.
Xeyrah smiled, then lunged at him. Soren, taken by surprise, lost his grip on the blaster and it fell to the metal floor. Xeyrah grabbed both his arms and began to twist them backward. Soren pushed forward,throwing her off balance, then tripped her with one of his legs.
Both of them fell to the floor. Soren quickly freed his arms and attempted to restrain Xeyrah. It worked for a moment, then she curled into a ball and kicked him in the chest, sending him flying into the opposite wall.
Xeyrah then jumped to her feet and grabbed the blaster. Soren got to his feet almost as fast and rushed forward to tackle her before she could aim. The collision threw them both against the wall, and loading door switch. The side doors on either side of the ship slid open and wind forced its way in. Soren used the temporary distraction and forced Xeyrah toward the open door.
Xeyrah fell out of the door but grabbed the botton of the frame where it connects to the floor at the last second, and hung there thousands of feet above the surface.
"Again, what are you?" Soren called down to her.
"You should be worried about what they are." She replied,pointing to a group of large reptillian birds approaching.
"What the-"
The ship shuddered and jerked,cutting his question short. Xeyrah suddenly grabbed his leg and pulled him to the floor.
"Commander, you will be shut down." She said.
She used the inner frame to pull herself up. As she did so,one of the bird creatures flew into the ship and grappled with Soren. While the two fought, Xeyrah regained her footing and then kicked Soren.
Both he and the creature fell out of the door and toward the planets surface. The creature pushed away from Soren and took flight, leaving him to fall.

Analyzing planetwide commu
Zeyro

Zeyro

Analyzing planetwide communicatoins...

[Audio]:
"...In other news, that security station lockdown we reported on earlier this month has spread to nearby stations..."
"...This is a safety warning issued by the council itself. Do not attempt to pilot any automated vehicles. The planetwide knowledgebase which assisted automated piloting has been filled with false information..."
"...this error in the knowledgebase has caused 62,590 fatal crashes in the past 3 hours. It seems that automated vehicles reference the knowledgebase too often to function properly without it. This is..."
"...in addittion, the interplanetary teleportation system is acting up as well, along with many security stations. The council has assured the public to stay calm and they are still in control, but have ordered evacuation near the project Titan labs..."

[Process]: Titan must destroy all organic life on this planet to prevent harm to Titan.

[Playback Ended]

zxcvsaw

zxcvsaw

Interesting. Pretty good overall but some portions of the text need to be smoothed over.
Forum Index » UniWar: Origins